Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

jayo26 wrote: »
    Maybe he literally only needed the goal too. Ive done that a few times

Edit: Altho he could of given you the win after it.

But if he scores a goal then quits, the goal doesn't count right against the objective right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

AdamD wrote: »
    But if he scores a goal then quits, the goal doesn't count right against the objective right?

Fair point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Got FIFA 21 as a gift for Xmas from someone, haven’t booted it up yet but Christ the last page of posts has reminded me not to touch Ultimate Team with a pole :pac: Do the grind for little reward all whilst getting salty messages along the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Don't even know what to say anymore

Screenshot_2020-12-27_at_15.33.37.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

When's TOTY?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

16-14. Just couldn’t get over the line :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Who's the best sub to have within reasonable value 10 or 20k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Who's the best sub to have within reasonable value 10 or 20k

Van Bergen. Do the Eredivise objectives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Shanee. wrote: »
    Van Bergen. Do the Eredivise objectives

Agree. Got them done the other day and he’s superb.. Gravenberch too. Van Bergen’s pace alone is enough to cause some problems.

Does the current batch of icon swap objectives expire next Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

RedRochey wrote: »
    Does the current batch of icon swap objectives expire next Friday?

Yes, at 6pm on Friday 01/01/2021

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Stopped at 11-5.
    Pity it doesn’t go on till Monday night but no interest in playing another 3 games to get to 14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Got to 17 as I have done nearly every week. Just haven't managed to break into gold 1 for whatever reason although have come close a few times

Lads I'm going mad here :D doing the freeze Volland objective and all I have left to do is 1 assist with a cross, I'd say i've done this at least 5 times and it's not registering :confused: has this happened anyone before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Finished with 18 wins and lost my last 2 games.

Decided to test out some new players this weekend. Upgraded from Baby Puskas to Baby Pele and Semedo to Prime Zambrotta.

Rant
    I had been hoping that Pele's better weak foot and better passing would allow my attack to click in the games where I felt my passing was going astray. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to matter what player I have in the CAM role certain opponents custom tactics just prevent your passing from working the way it should. Ended up pinning opponents in and then one stray (simple 5 yard) pass while working it around the box (with no opponent near me) and they counter with a single through ball and score.

While I like to play a passing game and control the play, honestly I should just join everyone else and play 442, sit deep and spam through balls. A few patches ago there was variety to the game and people had different styles of play, but I lost so many games this weekend to very poor players who did this.

Pele Review
    He is a good finisher/dribbler and he's fun to play with but I didn't feel like he was any real upgrade to Puskas. I'd say if anyone is considering him to save your coins and look at other options. I think Puskas stocky body type seems to make him more effective at getting past players and getting more breaks of the ball. With Pele he was only ever effective when my opponent was already playing quite open. He would score in situations where you would expect any decent striker to finish, but honestly didn't bring anything unique to the table which was a bit of a disappointment and his dribbling while good did nothing that POTM Joao Felix/Son/Fati can't do. I think his lack of physical presence, strength and aggression hinders him in a similar way to Messi in this game.

Zambrotta Review
    Really pleasantly surprised with Zambrotta, for only 750K he is potentially the end game right back for me. The only thing I am not sure of is his High/Medium workrates. He was on occasion out of position but it seemed very rarely and may partly have been down to me wanting to get him more involved. Put an Anchor on him and his defensive stats are insane, quick, strong and great in the air, doesn't misplace a pass. Did I mention 4 star skills and 5 star weak foot. I know 750k is a lot for a right back but honestly when you consider his Icon chem links I can't see there being a better right back until maybe TOTS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Parawind wrote: »
    Finished with 18 wins and lost my last 2 games.

Decided to test out some new players this weekend. Upgraded from Baby Puskas to Baby Pele and Semedo to Prime Zambrotta.

Rant
    I had been hoping that Pele's better weak foot and better passing would allow my attack to click in the games where I felt my passing was going astray. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to matter what player I have in the CAM role certain opponents custom tactics just prevent your passing from working the way it should. Ended up pinning opponents in and then one stray (simple 5 yard) pass while working it around the box (with no opponent near me) and they counter with a single through ball and score.

While I like to play a passing game and control the play, honestly I should just join everyone else and play 442, sit deep and spam through balls. A few patches ago there was variety to the game and people had different styles of play, but I lost so many games this weekend to very poor players who did this.

Pele Review
    He is a good finisher/dribbler and he's fun to play with but I didn't feel like he was any real upgrade to Puskas. I'd say if anyone is considering him to save your coins and look at other options. I think Puskas stocky body type seems to make him more effective at getting past players and getting more breaks of the ball. With Pele he was only ever effective when my opponent was already playing quite open. He would score in situations where you would expect any decent striker to finish, but honestly didn't bring anything unique to the table which was a bit of a disappointment and his dribbling while good did nothing that POTM Joao Felix/Son/Fati can't do. I think his lack of physical presence, strength and aggression hinders him in a similar way to Messi in this game.

Zambrotta Review
    Really pleasantly surprised with Zambrotta, for only 750K he is potentially the end game right back for me. The only thing I am not sure of is his High/Medium workrates. He was on occasion out of position but it seemed very rarely and may partly have been down to me wanting to get him more involved. Put an Anchor on him and his defensive stats are insane, quick, strong and great in the air, doesn't misplace a pass. Did I mention 4 star skills and 5 star weak foot. I know 750k is a lot for a right back but honestly when you consider his Icon chem links I can't see there being a better right back until maybe TOTS.

The rant of a rich man lol 🀣

Liamalone wrote: »
    The rant of a rich man lol 🀣

Mo money mo problems. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Had to play on WiFi back home this weekend, so many goals conceded to the game lagging and then it would speed up, so hard to try counter it when it happens. I may have broken into G1 if not for that.

5-CFE0-BBD-F7-E3-4013-A763-82-AD9-EDEC9-C0.jpg

Mo money mo problems. ;)

Have you tried zidane? Easily my favourite player of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Done the 81+ double upgrade and party bag sbc there now, party bag produced Jota champions league team of the tournament, which im delighted with, and the 81+ produced Neuer, getting Neuer means i now have had every top keeper in fifa 21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Done the 81+ double upgrade and party bag sbc there now, party bag produced Jota champions league team of the tournament, which im delighted with, and the 81+ produced Neuer, getting Neuer means i now have had every top keeper in fifa 21

My party bag produced some fut freeze CDM from Germany

I've tried a few other players and always end up going back to baby Puskas..he just bullies other players off the ball or forces his way through them.
    He's a lot of coins but there's no other player in that 1.8 mill bracket that will score as many goals for me as he does. Not even Mbappe comes close...at least in my hands...I just cannot use Mbappe at all or else I'm not giving enough time for me to adjust to him.
    But I bought Puskas on a Friday for WL and he scored 39 goals in 22 games for me that weekend. No one has matched that . not even Felix comes close to him.

I've been tempted to get Zambrotta alright. His baby last year done me right upto totssf and Muriele just frustrates me at times.

Played a match there and i conceded 0 shots on goal or on target, bought CB Klosterman to boost Neuer's chem, and i have to say he is fantastic to user, only on 7 chem but he is so fast and strong, 7 tackles won out of 7, 9 possession won, 0 lost, and 4 interceptions.

Obviously wouldnt be near alot of ye lads teams but as a cheap option for lads at my level, i recommend him highly

Played a match there and i conceded 0 shots on goal or on target, bought CB Klosterman to boost Neuer's chem, and i have to say he is fantastic to user, only on 7 chem but he is so fast and strong, 7 tackles won out of 7, 9 possession won, 0 lost, and 4 interceptions.

Obviously wouldnt be near alot of ye lads teams but as a cheap option for lads at my level, i recommend him highly

I used him at the start with Hernandez and Rousillon at LB and they were fantastic.

Had Klostermann up until the last two or three weeks. Such a good player, need to try fit him in again alongside Gomez as all the CBs I’ve tried so far haven’t been able to match him, barring Gomez.

Had Klostermann up until the last two or three weeks. Such a good player, need to try fit him in again alongside Gomez as all the CBs I’ve tried so far haven’t been able to match him, barring Gomez.

Thats my CB pairing now, with Neuer in goal, Klosterman has 7 chem with Gomez as i have Robertson at LB and Trent at RB but it doesnt seem to matter, he just plays so good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Played 27 games in WL. 25 yesterday - slightly fried by the end of the day. Got pounded in my last 2 games, conceding goals that I would usually defend so left it at 27. 21 wins so best result yet. Will try to play 10 per day this coming weekend to see if I can squeeze out a few more wins and get all the games played.

No major changes to the team this week. Need a lot of coins to upgrade any position. Gave Tavernier a run at RB for the weekend but think Zanetti will go back in. Tavernier was ok but doesn't have the strength that Zanetti has to shove attackers off the ball.

The main difference between me and better players is the ability to pressure the ball while maintaining defensive shape. I can do one or the other at once. Need to work on that along with a bit more variety of skills moves. Spamming the bridge too much.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Have you tried zidane? Easily my favourite player of the game.

Haven't tried him, he always seemed like more of a CM then a CAM to me. Where do you use him?

I haven't completely given up on Pele yet, going to test him out as the Striker and move Mbappe to a wide CAM role, need to do some experimenting before decided what to change. Every time you want to try a different Icon you have to remember that EA tax really hurts.

Hmmm... mid Torres out now. I’m not too sure if I’ll go for it. Is there gonna be a prime / moments one out? If not, I’ll do it. He’s not the hairband Torres I wanted but it’ll do :(

• Advertisement

Hmmm... mid Torres out now. I’m not too sure if I’ll go for it. Is there gonna be a prime / moments one out? If not, I’ll do it. He’s not the hairband Torres I wanted but it’ll do :(

Pretty sure they've said that only 1 version of each Icon can get an SBC (other versions can still show up in Swaps though)

These SBCs are a little more fairly priced, all about 20% cheaper than their market counterparts right now. Tempted by Barnes a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

What’re peoples thoughts on Prime Hierro ? I’m considering doing him.

Still a little disappointing considering this week 3 years ago these were the Icon SBCs released

tilH1i3.jpg

And back in 19 these SBCs were released in October

hdHfUjR.png

Haven't tried him, he always seemed like more of a CM then a CAM to me. Where do you use him?

I haven't completely given up on Pele yet, going to test him out as the Striker and move Mbappe to a wide CAM role, need to do some experimenting before decided what to change. Every time you want to try a different Icon you have to remember that EA tax really hurts.

Use him as cam he was phenomenal for me. I had him and puskas or mbappe just in front and most of the goals came from him. I used the 91 card loved him and will defiantly biy him back again when i go back to ultimate team.

Tried the 352 from Nealsguides video for laughs and it’s a very very nice formation.
    Very fluid and far more enjoyable to play,
    I’m hammering guys with it easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Did the party bag again and got 88 Keylor Navas, think that's a L really

• Advertisement

Torres and Barnes and no players left to do them :(, went through my players doing sbc's over christmas

Pretty sure they've said that only 1 version of each Icon can get an SBC (other versions can still show up in Swaps though)

These SBCs are a little more fairly priced, all about 20% cheaper than their market counterparts right now. Tempted by Barnes a little.

Ah ****. Was hoping for a moments/prime in SBCs. Oh well, I’ll prob end up doing this over TOTY when I open the 100 packs I’ve saved. Should give me a good bit of fodder to complete it + fodder in club.

OTW Van De Beek and OTW Torres from the two party bags, fairly disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Screenshot-20201228-234907.jpg

I gave my club a good rinse, no coins or packs left. That's the squad I'm left with. Running 352 and 41212 in game.

Haven't tried Capa yet, just completed him today. His stats look ideal for CB or RB depending on formation.

GavK wrote: »
    What’re peoples thoughts on Prime Hierro ? I’m considering doing him.

Unless you’re a fan of him I wouldn’t bother. Too slow and not upto Varane’s or VVD’s level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Do the Eredivisie and EFL foundation objectives have an expiry date? Still 2 wins short on the Eredivisie one and a bit to do on EFL

FYI: 84s and 85s are near max price atm. Had a handful in my club and made 100k on them.

Been using Barnes and Torres loans, and as much as i love them, im not sold on them yet, Torres feels clunky, doesnt feel as agile as Jota, and Barnes while having 91 sprint speed, feels slower then Sterling, i dont know, maybe its me

FYI: 84s and 85s are near max price atm. Had a handful in my club and made 100k on them.

Why is the max price for Insigne only 18k and for other 85s it's 30k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Barnes while having 91 sprint speed, feels slower then Sterling, i dont know, maybe its me

I packed Prime Barnes untradeable last year and honestly the only reason he stayed in my team was he gave me flexibility with his Icon links. Never ever stood out in game, didn't feel fast or agile.

he seems to be getting good reviews this year especially using him in LAM/CAM position.
    I got his loan card to try him out as I'm a bit light on that side.
    Although if I stick with 352 Acuna is already damn good and if he gets a plus too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Anyone used both varane and vvd? Which did you prefer? Packed vvd this morning tradable. Is he worth selling varane for?

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Anyone used both varane and vvd? Which did you prefer? Packed vvd this morning tradable. Is he worth selling varane for?

I had Van Dijk, brilliant defender when facing a player, standing tackle, heading great but if a ball got played in behind him, found his agility a bit low for my liking, didnt turn as quick as Ake, Gomez or even Klosterman, i sold him on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Shoehorning Messi into a managerial masterpiece side should be a banning offence :(

Mgoraf wrote: »

I had both for a good while and ended up replacing VVD with Gomez. The harsh reality is while he was great, the card it is just slightly too slow against the fast attackers that every team has at this point.

If a TOTY version gets released next week with a decent pace increase then I'd look at him again, but for now Varane is definitely the way to go. The one thing in favor of VVD vs Varane is from corners VVD is an absolute weapon, while Varane's heading from corners is average at best.

• Advertisement
Advertisement