Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Changed my mind on Torres, i need to get him, but i know i wont, unless i break my rule on not buying points/packs, lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I done two 80+ picks before they expired and got 87 Bruno and 87 Bernardo Silva.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Sevilla won so Acuna gets a +2 upgrade.
    Sometime in 2021

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

RedRochey wrote: »
    Why is the max price for Insigne only 18k and for other 85s it's 30k?

Could be cos the others were extinct at some point and had their price ranges increased... not entirely sure though. That’d be my guess.

Blazer wrote: »
    Sevilla won so Acuna gets a +2 upgrade.
    Sometime in 2021

Raging I didn’t do him, he looks way better than Mendy and with the upgrade he has to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Packed TOTGS Bruno from the second party pack - yay! :)

Doesn’t seem to be too much difference between that and his POTM.

When is icon swaps 2 out?

When is icon swaps 2 out?

Jan 1st I think.

Acuna already upgraded.
    Looks damn tasty.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Anyone used both varane and vvd? Which did you prefer? Packed vvd this morning tradable. Is he worth selling varane for?

Varanne hands down, IMO.

VVD never played in a way that justified his price for me.
    Varaneplays like he should be five times more expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

BrentMused wrote: »
    Packed TOTGS Bruno from the second party pack - yay! :)

Doesn’t seem to be too much difference between that and his POTM.

Am jelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Remember kids no matter how bad your pack luck, nothing is quite as bad as having this happen.... Castro blind player pick

Love that he thinks his chat is winding him up too and he mocks them until he realises his mistake.

This could be a game changer!!

https://youtu.be/vREVYnyKKns

Mr Moon wrote: »
    This could be a game changer!!

https://youtu.be/vREVYnyKKns

Feel like I’m playing Tekken with all these button mashed for skill moves :pac: looks very good though, basically a stronger fake shot.

Parawind wrote: »
    Remember kids no matter how bad your pack luck, nothing is quite as bad as having this happen.... Castro blind player pick

Love that he thinks he chat is winding him up too and he mocks them until he realises his mistake.

God Castro is so ****in annoying.
    But he only does it to bring in the viewers. The younger fans love him apparently.
    He was giving Marshal tips on increasing his subscribers and told him he needs to overreact more etc and hype everything up.
    I don't blame Castro..he's only feeding into his audience and what they like.

But he only does it to bring in the viewers. The younger fans love him apparently.
    He was giving Marshal tips on increasing his subscribers and told him he needs to overreact more etc and hype everything up.

That's honestly the same with almost all big twitch streamers. Any of the super popular ones tend to put on a show to keep people interested, when you consider peoples attention spans nowadays it does make sense. That's why they are all super obsessed with engagement with the chat and doing polls etc.

There are plenty of good streamers out there that don't overreact in this way but unless they have something really special they won't hold the interest of the casual viewer.

• Advertisement

I’d do it as well if I was on >6 figures a year for FIFA :pac: I don’t tend to watch streamers at all... usually just stick to YouTube and RTFM or Inception/Marshall if I need a review on a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Love that he thinks his chat is winding him up too and he mocks them until he realises his mistake.

He's a tool.

But it worked out well for him, the amount of views etc he'll get off this is well worth it.

Jesus, tonight's TOTW looks tragic...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jesus, tonight's TOTW looks tragic...

Might be a blessing in disguise, if there were actual usable players we'd end up with 3x 76 rated picks. This way there is a chance to snag some high rated fodder.

Might be a blessing in disguise, if there were actual usable players we'd end up with 3x 76 rated picks. This way there is a chance to snag some high rated fodder.

oh yeah...I'll leave base icon sbc off till tomorrow then :D

As for Garrincha...I was originally delighted to get him but he can't unseat Alessandrini.
    His workrates are awful and you really have to work to get the little bastard to move so he's been benched.

• Advertisement

oh yeah...I'll leave base icon sbc off till tomorrow then :D

As for Garrincha...I was originally delighted to get him but he can't unseat Alessandrini.
    His workrates are awful and you really have to work to get the little bastard to move so he's been benched.

oh that's a shame, have you tried him as a CAM? Maybe the work rates wouldn't impact him as much in that role.

But yeah Alessandrini is unbelievably good, I still hate myself for missing his SBC.

oh that's a shame, have you tried him as a CAM? Maybe the work rates wouldn't impact him as much in that role.

But yeah Alessandrini is unbelievably good, I still hate myself for missing his SBC.

yeah he's ok at CAM but better as a supersub really.
    Although I do have freezer Aouar as well as a sub.

As much as I wanted to love alessandrini, I couldn’t get him going at all. Played CAM, ST and RF but he just didn’t do anything and missed sitters constantly. Bench player now and I hardly play him as Van Bergen is miles better.

As much as I wanted to love alessandrini, I couldn’t get him going at all. Played CAM, ST and RF but he just didn’t do anything and missed sitters constantly. Bench player now and I hardly play him as Van Bergen is miles better.

Yeah he blows hot and cold for me. Still better than Garrincha.

Lads im thinking of buying €20 worth of points, if i were to buy packs, would the 35k mega pack be the best? Or 50k packs

Flashback Ben Arfa... ooh yeah.

Flashback Ben Arfa... ooh yeah.

Careful now, those are the same workrates as Garrincha...

TOTW not as bad as feared. Red Rashford would be nice....

Careful now, those are the same workrates as Garrincha...

I know :(
    But I’ve always loved his cards especially as I’m a magpies fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Just packed Messi in a ‘2 rare player 75+ pack’ reckon that’s a winner.

Not sure he fits in my team though

• Advertisement

Did we get pre order packs on Sunday? I’m saving packs and can only see the first 30 packs, I’ve checked the web app but none say pre order just not sure if it would say that on the web app.

Did we get pre order packs on Sunday? I’m saving packs and can only see the first 30 packs, I’ve checked the web app but none say pre order just not sure if it would say that on the web app.

No, none got last Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I eventually picked up fifa 21 as another lockdown was looming and figured I’d get it now to get the icon swaps.

I’m very much going at it as a casual, not going to trade or anything so no super teams like I had the last 3 years.

Headliners starting Friday I see so toty will be another week or 2 away

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I eventually picked up fifa 21 as another lockdown was looming and figured I’d get it now to get the icon swaps.

I’m very much going at it as a casual, not going to trade or anything so no super teams like I had the last 3 years.

Welcome back...
    b813ed1faa08e8b0d0aea129ac6ee48f.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I've done this Hogey, picked it up a few weeks ago, played a couple of nights but other than that, it's turd.

Edit: also, just pulled the wired connection and went onto wireless for an unrelated reason ...... the speed up lag is still there over wireless, what a company. Disappointed I bought it tbh.

Welcome back...
    b813ed1faa08e8b0d0aea129ac6ee48f.jpg

Haha thanks, I blame Lord TSC for my return, when I seen him talking about getting Cantona the other week it gave me a craving to start playing again :)

Liamalone wrote: »
    I've done this Hogey, picked it up a few weeks ago, played a couple of nights but other than that, it's turd.

Ah sure if it can keep me occupied a bit for this next lockdown I’ll take it. Def not getting sucked in like other times.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

They always come back :D
    I fully expect your TP to be over 5m by the time TOTY rolls around ;)

R00ster wrote: »
    They always come back :D
    I fully expect your TP to be over 5m by the time TOTY rolls around ;)

:D I did fill my transfer list with the Inter version of Joao Mario before my 10 hour trial expired as he had just got a transfer, they’re all selling at 5-6k now so at least it gives me a few hundred k for a starter team :)

But other than that I’ve no big plans, it’s too time consuming :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just put together that Base/Mid Icon SBC...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just put together that Base/Mid Icon SBC...

All I wanted was to not get a Mid that is worse than his Base

JD79k2A.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-12-31_at_00.27.46.png

Awesome.
    Choice of 2 x82 and a 78 for my red picks.
    Think I’ll just drop WL

Carassco and Garcia as my reds. Former might be somewhat useable.

Going to skip this weekend though. Going to grind out the Icon tokens from squad battles then take a few weeks off the game, o think.

Edit; untradeable Salah from arrivals. Not bad.

Al Soma and Izzo, exactly who I have been waiting to get!

So from the 8 picks I had only Al Soma that was not from the bench. I don't expect much from these rewards but yikes.

Looking at the base or mid icon sbc the rewards are horrifically bad.
    Out of 21 I’ve seen only 4 were considered a win.
    That’s shockingly bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Izzo and Edouard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

cancelo and took edouard over saiss did joao felix from the fodder + some coins cant really say anything about him yet since gameplay has been hilariously bad this morning.

9 packs to open, took the rivals option 3 instead of 57k and best i got was base untradeable Thiago Silva, Joe Gomez and Kevin De Bruyne, luckily i have Gomez and De Bruyne already so they are on the transfer list, should make a nice profit

G2 Rewards:

84 Maignan
    82 Saiss
    79 Melgarejo
    82 Bernardoni

82 Muriel
    81 Edouard
    82 Bernardoni
    80 Linssen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

What is with the rubber banding in the managerial masterpiece friendly? Need 1 win for bellerin, 2 up in 10 mins and rubber banded. Ffs. What is the gain?

• Advertisement
Advertisement