Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Flashback Robben, definitely going for him for the laugh even though he only has a 2 star weak foot. Reasonably priced too - around 150K or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Really taking the piss with those icon swaps :pac:

5 in SB, 1 swap that requires 18 WL wins and the other 3 are in the live fut friendly but have 3 separate parts to it similar to silver stars - win 6, score 10, assist 5. Everyone could see it coming, but hopefully the golden goal rule will live on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Potentially 30 squad battles, Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Those storyline cards are shocking.
    A 85/86/87 card and they want me to grind for that rubbish?
    I’ve cashed in my team and after this WL am going to park it for this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

AdamD wrote: »
    Potentially 30 squad battles, Christ.

You can combine some, if you have 11 first owned silvers from liga nos you can get the first owned, silver and liga nos done in 1 go, cuts out a good few matches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Really taking the piss with those icon swaps :pac:

5 in SB, 1 swap that requires 18 WL wins and the other 3 are in the live fut friendly but have 3 separate parts to it similar to silver stars - win 6, score 10, assist 5. Everyone could see it coming, but hopefully the golden goal rule will live on.

Golden Goal is at risk too because they've put a limit on the amount of Friendlies you can play :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Golden Goal is at risk too because they've put a limit on the amount of Friendlies you can play :rolleyes:

What’s the limit?

I hadn’t even copped that, they really can’t let people have any joy with the game, everything becomes a sweat fest.

I’m only back playing it 3 or 4 days and think I’ll be off back to play cyberpunk soon enough.

Jesus, didn’t even see that. Might give the base icon a skip so and just get the 83s and ultimate packs or something.

Headliners get upgraded based on their team winning 4 matches in a row, so here's your objective card, an 84 rated player whose team hasn't won 4 games at all this season, and who last won 4 games in a row 8 years ago:

faE7uZo.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Step 1 - Buy Mid Gullit
    Step 2 - Do Robben SBC for that perfect Chem link.
    Step 3 - Probably still lose but its going to be fun either way.

XhYGZpj.jpg

Its 60 games in One Nation where you need 14 wins, won't be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Those 75+ player thing in season progress annoys me, as does all the stupid tifos, no need for them, give us an 80+ player instead and no tifo

Those 75+ player thing in season progress annoys me, as does all the stupid tifos, no need for them, give us an 80+ player instead and no tifo

I’ve got 19 of those suckers to open

I did the 10 score with full prem team objectives and it completed the la liga one too for some reason, not complaining.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yum, Headliners Bruno is 1.8m, and will naturally drop over the week.

91 rated and pretty much nailed on to get a 92 at some point, probably a 93. Can’t see him not getting an IF or United not winning four in a row at some point.

So he’s basically end game.

Will be keeping an eye on him over the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Win 18 WL league matches for an icon swap, thats me banjaxed so, can barely get to 10, lol

But it’s over 6 weeks?

A Polar Bear Tifo, just what i always wanted

But it’s over 6 weeks?

Is it? I taught the WL wins was over a weekend, ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Team is De yea
    Bellerin Gomez ake telles
    Allan wijnaldum
    Bolasie
    Moura Werner son
    Would I get wetter value if I switched to a continental type team , or who do ye think are the next upgrades for me ,is a very solid team , would rash ford or Kdb, what’s your opinions
    Have 300k to play with

• Advertisement

Is it? I taught the WL wins was over a weekend, ha

Yeah they wouldn’t be that cruel. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yum, Headliners Bruno is 1.8m, and will naturally drop over the week.

91 rated and pretty much nailed on to get a 92 at some point, probably a 93. Can’t see him not getting an IF or United not winning four in a row at some point.

So he’s basically end game.

Will be keeping an eye on him over the week.

None on market already.

I can't do 30 games of this

7mxPqfC.gif

Just conceded 3 goals to that stupid ball juggle from kick off. None of my players could push Fati or Gnabry off the ball... luckily he didn’t know how to defend so I still beat him but still such a broken mechanic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

AdamD wrote: »
    I did the 10 score with full prem team objectives and it completed the la liga one too for some reason, not complaining.

same :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I got a pen for this. The guy rage quit after. Don't blame him.

Never realised friendlies were taking so serious until last night, 3 depth, drop back, long ball, pacey striker, score and repeat

Never realised friendlies were taking so serious until last night, 3 depth, drop back, long ball, pacey striker, score and repeat

Probably more so at the moment as it’s the start of a new season and plenty of objectives to do. Other than the Cunha Headliners Objective the rest can be done at a more leisurely rate so I’d just leave it for a while and get it done when most of the toxic players are done :)

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Probably more so at the moment as it’s the start of a new season and plenty of objectives to do. Other than the Cunha Headliners Objective the rest can be done at a more leisurely rate so I’d just leave it for a while and get it done when most of the toxic players are done :)

Its toxic, ball juggling from kick off, then i got 6 msg's from players who wanted golden goal, no probs, so i got it, they wouldnt concede, i just left, cant be bothered

Edit: i'll gladly sit through 50 SB matches after this and love them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Its toxic, ball juggling from kick off, then i got 6 msg's from players who wanted golden goal, no probs, so i got it, they wouldnt concede, i just left, cant be bothered

Edit: i'll gladly sit through 50 SB matches after this and love them

this is basically friendlies in a nutshell tbh, full of weirdos who play drop back and spam through balls and message you and call you a try hard or sad if you do so much as a ball roll or tackle them even, basically they jsut join games hoping that people will let them do whatever they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

How many icon swaps tokens are there in total ? 24 ?

GavK wrote: »
    How many icon swaps tokens are there in total ? 24 ?

18 in total 8 in last batch 10 in this one.

chips1234 wrote: »
    this is basically friendlies in a nutshell tbh, full of weirdos who play drop back and spam through balls and message you and call you a try hard or sad if you do so much as a ball roll or tackle them even, basically they jsut join games hoping that people will let them do whatever they want.

Or you get the now regular "get good kid" message

What are people doing with their tokens?

I’ve already got the 25x83 packs, so am leaning towards the Ultimate packs, 5x85 and a base icon pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Was thinking of the base or mid pack from these 10 tokens but you'd be absolutely raging if you got a base and essentially wasted 2 tokens that could be used on the ultimate packs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I did the 85+ x5 Pack and the 83+ x25 Pack. Got nowt. Next 10 going on Base or Mid Icon pack. Looking forward to getting base Laudrup from it.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    What are people doing with their tokens?

I’ve already got the 25x83 packs, so am leaning towards the Ultimate packs, 5x85 and a base icon pack.

Going mid/prime pack and 5x85 with rest.

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Was thinking of the base or mid pack from these 10 tokens but you'd be absolutely raging if you got a base and essentially wasted 2 tokens that could be used on the ultimate packs

Yeah, I’d be of a similar mindset.

The lottery element sucks but you know you’re likely to get the same few options from a base pack as the base/mid. If it was just mids, I’d be more tempted. But if the lottery is what we have to play, I feel you get more options from a base pack and the ultimates.

Don't forget you can triple and double up the squad battles to get 5 tokens done in 12 games

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

chips1234 wrote: »
    18 in total 8 in last batch 10 in this one.

Don’t think so. I count 14 Icon swap objectives for this batch. 5 squad battles ones, 1 weekend league one, 3 for icon swaps PL, 3 for Icon swaps La Liga and 2 for icon swaps One Nation.

• Advertisement

Don’t think so. I count 14 Icon swap objectives for this batch. 5 squad battles ones, 1 weekend league one, 3 for icon swaps PL, 3 for Icon swaps La Liga and 2 for icon swaps One Nation.

yeah but the spanish and pl ones only give one token not 3 for the 3 objectives, nations one gives 2 then the other 6 in the squad battles and WL

No its defo 10. It's one token each for the one league

oh btw, doing drafts on stream yesterday to open for headlines got myself a little prime socrates from a premium gold players pack :D:D

They should just rename it Pack Swaps.

Finally completed pl and la liga icon obj, will rest now til i play SB's later and i will love them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Playing wl for the second time to try and work towards 18 wins, I’ll definitely need all 6 weeks to have any chance so have to try it. 0 from 3 so far as I work towards my ranking. Would be delighted with 4 wins in the league this weekend.

I know some of you might think I’m being falsely modest or whatever but I’m pretty sure I’m the only fifa player who is currently benching messi for moura because the extra speed is more valuable than anything i’m capable of with messi :)

This is a tough slog

They should just rename it Pack Swaps.

Literally. Pack rewards are 10x better than the card rewards.

I just Took Koeman from icon swaps, I just don’t like the “lottery” type packs and possibly end up with base inzaghi or something.
    Koeman is someone I’ll use for quite a while and has the option of starting 5 at the back and switching him to midfield either.

My plan was to go for the other 5 tokens for the 25x83 pack but as I only got the game it’ll be a while yet before I’d even have the rivals points to enter weekend league so I’ll just get 3 more for the 5x85 pack.
    No rush on doing that, I’ve done enough squad battles this week to last me a while, I’ll just get them done for toty

Accidentally entered next week's WL by mistake...

So played some Rivals for the first time in a while instead. Got up to Div 1, didn't realise that was worth 50k to me or I would have gone for it age ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

did the base icon swap and got Blanc,

• Advertisement
Advertisement