Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Are servers down for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Iago wrote:
    This is a tough slog

Just take it game by game. Keep us posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just played a one nation match, i get a pen, keeper saves it, the ball lands in f'n midfield to his Vardy who runs in and scores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    did the base icon swap and got Blanc,

Don't believe his stats he plays so far above them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Iago wrote: »
    Playing wl for the second time to try and work towards 18 wins, I’ll definitely need all 6 weeks to have any chance so have to try it. 0 from 3 so far as I work towards my ranking. Would be delighted with 4 wins in the league this weekend.

I know some of you might think I’m being falsely modest or whatever but I’m pretty sure I’m the only fifa player who is currently benching messi for moura because the extra speed is more valuable than anything i’m capable of with messi :)

This is a tough slog

No I'd believe it, Messi is really poor in this years game. I tried him out and couldn't really do anything special with him either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Parawind wrote: »
    No I'd believe it, Messi is really poor in this years game. I tried him out and couldn't really do anything special with him either.

I tried him a few weeks back, trying him as a RWer, and sold him quick enough. Thought he was awful.

Bought him last week, and played him as the left striker, beside Felix and with either Cantona or Griezmann behind him, and he was utterly fantastic. Great passes, great runs and loads of goal contributions. Can't see me worrying bout upgrading my strike duo for a while now.

He really seems to need to be played centrally, and not in a position where you drain his stanima a tonne.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I just Took Koeman from icon swaps, I just don’t like the “lottery” type packs and possibly end up with base inzaghi or something.
    Koeman is someone I’ll use for quite a while and has the option of starting 5 at the back and switching him to midfield either.

My plan was to go for the other 5 tokens for the 25x83 pack but as I only got the game it’ll be a while yet before I’d even have the rivals points to enter weekend league so I’ll just get 3 more for the 5x85 pack.
    No rush on doing that, I’ve done enough squad battles this week to last me a while, I’ll just get them done for toty

How fast did you get those tokens? I have 5 from the first set only and haven't been started these ones.

5-3 in WL. probably my best start ever, was at 5-2, and had 4 wins in a row. Never have time to do the full 30 but I want a player pick at least.

I'm caught between mid/prime icon and 89+ mid icon what do ye think?

I may just go rijkaard but I'm a sucker for a chance at striking good

• Advertisement

So i have 5 swap tokens, thinking of taking the 85+5 and 2 ultimate packs, as want players for that that mid Torres, thing is if i go and get 8 tokens, do i get a choice of base icon or is it random?

Result of the 5x85 players.

Neuer
    Kaylor Navas
    Gulacsi
    Thiago Silva
    Parejo

Three keepers, two from the same league, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    How fast did you get those tokens? I have 5 from the first set only and haven't been started these ones.

Haha yeah I got them really really quick, I haven’t played rivals since the 10 hour trial as only just back playing this week and I’m down in div 6 so all the online friendlies were really easy, especially as most just doing golden goal, I won something like 22 from 24 (and I’m not that good, but it was nice to be on such a good streak)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Haha yeah I got them really really quick, I haven’t played rivals since the 10 hour trial as only just back playing this week and I’m down in div 6 so all the online friendlies were really easy, especially as most just doing golden goal, I won something like 22 from 24 (and I’m not that good, but it was nice to be on such a good streak)

the nations part feels like its really strict match making done it at 2100ish skill rating and it was an absolute nightmare lol just got the weekend league part left to do tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Prime Socrates in my mid or prime pack. I don't think he fits into my team unfortunately after all that effort. 60 balance is not it

chips1234 wrote: »
    the nations part feels like its really strict match making done it at 2100ish skill rating and it was an absolute nightmare lol just got the weekend league part left to do tomorrow

It’s def skill rating based cos I’m way down around 750 and in a lot of games opponent was slide tackling nobody in particular as soon as I started moving up the field :D

What’s your plans with the swap tokens or have you redeemed some already?

• Advertisement

It’s def skill rating based cos I’m way down around 750 and in a lot of games opponent was slide tackling nobody in particular as soon as I started moving up the field :D

What’s your plans with the swap tokens or have you redeemed some already?

the first batch i did the 83+ and 85+ 5 player packs with these 10 im gonna open the base/mid icon pack and not worry too much about who i get, just wanna give myself a tiny % shot at mid gullit/R9/pele/cruyff :D either way not too fussed team is pretty decent atm anyways and not real huge improvements bar top tier icons or toty's i think.

i'll open it on stream tomorrow as soon as i hit 18 wins will throw up a link tomorrow at some stage, set up is pretty ghetto atm which makes it more fun :D although i accidentally heard my voice the other night trying to clip the socrates packing and i wanted to launch myself off a building :D

6 tokens, gonna take 2 chances on the 85×5 i think, need players for that Torres sbc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

6 tokens, gonna take 2 chances on the 85×5 i think, need players for that Torres sbc

Swaps aren't repeatable unfortunately. You're better off with the 83+ X 85.

I wouldn't go near those sbcs personally as the value is similar to market price and it's untradable

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Swaps aren't repeatable unfortunately. You're better off with the 83+ X 85.

I wouldn't go near those sbcs personally as the value is similar to market price and it's untradable

I know but its Torres, as a liverpool fan, i'd like to use him, will never be able to buy him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I know but its Torres, as a liverpool fan, i'd like to use him, will never be able to buy him

Same thinking here. I’m going for the 83 and base icon pack for players for the SBC and might do the 2x ultimate or 85 pack, depending on if I’m arsed going for the final WL token.

Spent 15k on silver packs to get the last remaining first owner French silvers, so now I can do silver, French and first owner part of squad battles in 6 games as opposed to 18.

• Advertisement

Same thinking here. I’m going for the 83 and base icon pack for players for the SBC and might do the 2x ultimate or 85 pack, depending on if I’m arsed going for the final WL token.

Spent 15k on silver packs to get the last remaining first owner French silvers, so now I can do silver, French and first owner part of squad battles in 6 games as opposed to 18.

I took 83 last week, only have X2 ultimate and 85+×5 now, not sure if i should take 1 of each or 2 85's

I took 83 last week, only have X2 ultimate and 85+×5 now, not sure if i should take 1 of each or 2 85's

I’m only tempted by the ultimates as TOTY is around the corner, so it’d be nice to pack a TOTY. But for pure fodder, I’d take the 85s as at least you’re guaranteed half the 85 segment for Torres.

I’m only tempted by the ultimates as TOTY is around the corner, so it’d be nice to pack a TOTY. But for pure fodder, I’d take the 85s as at least you’re guaranteed half the 85 segment for Torres.

Yeah i think i will, on stage 5 of the Torres sbc now anyway so they'll help

Only realised i can only do 1 85×5 lol, so 2 ultimates it is now to

Go with the 85+ trust me it the much safer option. I opened an ultimate pack this evening, Nobody above an 82 in the entire pack its a bloody joke.

Go with the 85+ trust me it the much safer option. I opened an ultimate pack this evening, Nobody above an 82 in the entire pack its a bloody joke.

I have an ultimate pack stored from the rivals wins milestone so I’ll open that first and decide based on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Did a base/mid Icon pack and got base Riquelme....not sure if there's a worse card I could have gotten..

AdamD wrote: »
    Did a base/mid Icon pack and got base Riquelme....not sure if there's a worse card I could have gotten..

Legitimately him.or one of the cbs with pace in the 60s are the worst. Tough luck

Btw lads, if anyone didn’t know already, the objective for PL / La Liga goals is bugged atm. So when you score with PL players, it also counts for the La Liga segment. I’d grind it out ASAP so you can knock off some games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

just doing the bare enough for red player pick for WL.. Sold Puskas before the crash so changed it a bit around to bring in Aoaur.
    Damn he's been awesome for me...even better than Felix who isn't a patch on his final card last year.
    Alessandrini really blows hot and cold for me. Same for Maxim on the right.
    But that's down to me I'd say as I tend to play more central in the 4231.

Capture.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Has the Golden Goal goodwill gone out the window? Played a few games last night and nobody seemed to be doing it. Also found Friendlies has gone from being a really fun mode to toxic as hell all of a sudden.

For my Icon Swaps I am realistically only going to get 17 tokens, I never have time to play on the weekends so won't get close to 18x WL Wins. Think will go Base/Mid Icon Pack, 2* Ultimate & 25* 83+ and open the packs around TOTY.

• Advertisement

I don’t even have the game a week yet and already I’m wondering what to do??

The icon swaps, eredivise squad builders and Cunha headliners were all easy enough do and a bit of craic with mostly golden goal so it was just hell for leather.

I played 5 or 6 rivals games today and the actual game doesn’t do much for me, I was leading 3-2 in one and blocked the ball 8 times and every single time it went back to him til he scored.
    But the real kicker for me was, I was 3-1 down in another, got it back to 3-3 in 80 minute, he pauses and quits.
    I thought “that’s annoying but at least it’s 570 rivals points”....I got nothing!!! WTF is that all about?? I can understand it not counting as 1 of my 30 but to give me no points either is outrageous, a quit should automatically be a 3-0 win regardless of score but not only do I not get a win, I get no rivals points either? I’ve effectively lost 15 minutes for nothing.
    Things like that is why I can’t see myself hanging around, the crap like that and their greed over sbc’s and general content.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Has the Golden Goal goodwill gone out the window? Played a few games last night and nobody seemed to be doing it. Also found Friendlies has gone from being a really fun mode to toxic as hell all of a sudden.

I've noticed it's switched more to a "best of three" system. It takes two goals to make some of them bugger off :pac:

Realised I’ll need to do the 18 WL wins swap if I want to get: 85 pack, 83 pack and base icon pack, so I think I’ll give that a skip and swap out the 85 pack for the ultimate packs... WL is a big no-go for me until TOTS :pac:

I’m going to do the Ultimate pack this evening and then take a break for a week or two.

I’m not massively invested in doing the Icon pack currently cause I severely doubt it will be one I can use, nor do I want to play so many squad battles. It’s a chore, and since it’s not fun, I’m bailing for a bit.

Ultimate Packs.

First one:
    83 Tadic, Acerbi, Kramaric, Asenjo, 82 Kepa, and IF Melgarejo. 15/30 duplicates.

Second One:
    83 Sabitzer, Zakaria, 82 bender, Promes. 15/30 duplicates.

Lol, peace out ✌️

For anyone that mightn’t have copped it, the game mode for the cunha objectives is max chemistry, it was actually real fun using players in different positions and not worrying about links, chemistry etc.

I know he won’t fit many peoples teams but def one of the funner challenges I’ve done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Just missed this chance to equalise wth the last kick of the game. Time to switch off the PS4!

0YWGEy.gif

Amazing that when you get ten mins into a game and that poor signal thing pops up, that they haven't given an option to quit the game for both players without consequence. You end up with this laggy game where neither player wants to quit because it affects them. So messy. Got to 6 wins in WL but was getting pasted and not having much luck so switched it off before I broke the controller.

Some very odd penalties and fouls being given now I've found?

Inching closer to the icon Torres sbc, (stage 6 completed) dont know whether to sell Mane or Salah and get players in to push it over the line or hang on til near the end and see what players i get in packs between now and then

Shouldnt have done the Traore sbc over Christmas, think i would have Torres if i had left him alone, lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Got the 18 wins.

Capture.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Was Hazard new? His goal/assists was well below.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Blazer wrote: »
    Was Hazard new? His goal/assists was well below.

He got subbed off for Mane at HT in every game, but he didn't suit playing on the wing, he's a savage CAM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Frisbee wrote: »

It's well and truly dead on PS5 anyway. I was doing it at the start but very few seem to be. I've just stopped doing it now.

My latest game I was 3 goals up and the guy stayed until the end and brought it back to 4-4 with 3 goals in the last few mins.

completely forgot to post link for stream in here today, ended up streaming for 9 hours got to g1 with 2 game left, did an icon roulette for the base/mid icon swaps pack got baby zanetti :D holy sh!t gameplay was completely horrendous today and because of icon swaps you literally just play against everyone playing drop back 1 depth so trying to break the wall of china while in the mud was painful. tomorrow is grinding drafts to death and try get some headliners :D

Just got tradeable Aguero from the gold upgrade sbc, lol, that'll do rightly, straight for sale, cash into the Torres kitty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Just did the base/mid icon pack for my 8 swaps. Got base Pires. He's the third worst card I could have packed out of 200 possibilities. Sickened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I just had a lad score two corners, pass the ball around the back for 20 in-game minutes, and pause 3 times in the 90th minute for the full 40 seconds (even though it was obvious had long since dropped the controller). What would be wrong with people - literally wasting his own time in the hope of annoying me I guess. Had a good chuckle about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I'm gonna do the 85 x 5 pack thingy here now, all join hands :)

Give me ten, enjoy the moment, I'm smoking a fagggg.

Keep holding hands now.

Edit: opened some other milestone pack with 9 duplicates. Not discarding. Pack opening postponed.

Tune in next week :) Same time, same place :)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I tried him a few weeks back, trying him as a RWer, and sold him quick enough. Thought he was awful.

Bought him last week, and played him as the left striker, beside Felix and with either Cantona or Griezmann behind him, and he was utterly fantastic. Great passes, great runs and loads of goal contributions. Can't see me worrying bout upgrading my strike duo for a while now.

He really seems to need to be played centrally, and not in a position where you drain his stanima a tonne.

Ended up taking your advise and giving him another try as a super sub, cleared out all of my remaining tradable fodder to raise the funds for him. He's pretty dam good when the other team is exhausted and he is fresh.

Finished all my weekend league games just in the last few mins and finally decided to keep note in a spreadsheet as I went along this weekend. Its actually really helpful for giving a bit of insight, my key take away from this weekend is that penalties cost me big time, really need to become more consistent with them. I'll throw up the results tomorrow as right now I am exhausted.

Ended up with Gold 1 with 1 game remaining, lost 3 of my last 6 games which ended up costing me my shot at Elite 3. But the margins in the games I lost were really small and with a bit of luck and things like this not happening I think I can bridge that gap soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

But the margins in the games I lost were really small and with a bit of luck and things like this not happening I think I can bridge that gap soon.

FFS :pac:
    I reckon we could have a good competition with all the BS goals/penalties/misses we've suffered this year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement