Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just got tradeable Aguero from the gold upgrade sbc, lol, that'll do rightly, straight for sale, cash into the Torres kitty

Opened 2 SB reward packs, champions league Luis Alberto and TOTW Carrasco, last 3 pack openings have been the best pack luck iv'e had this season, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

R00ster wrote: »
    FFS :pac:
    I reckon we could have a good competition with all the BS goals/penalties/misses we've suffered this year.

Yeah but I am going to try and be pragmatic about it now, those sorts of bizzare things are going to happen from time to time and its about making sure that I keep my cool when they do happen to give myself the best chance to respond.

In that match (as frustrating as it was), I have to accept that the game getting to that stage was my own fault. I missed a penalty with 3 minutes to go in normal time and that's what cost me. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Sold up my team last week so went with untradeable team in weekend league after one or two games midfield didn't feel right so ended up buying 82 renato sanchez. Turned out went on right n of wins in weekend league finished om 13 with 10 games to spare but couldn't get on last night to finish them out.

Screenshot-20210104-085922-Companion.jpg

Everything is untreadable apart from fullbacks and sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Was annoyed I only got Elite 2 Squad Battles rewards, finished yesterday afternoon in Elite 1 and thought that would be enough

But then I packed Headliner Zaha from a Mega Pack :D Not sure what to do with him, replace SIF Watkins with him or sell him for 400k to fund half the Freeze Firmino SBC, what do ye think? See a lot of the twitch streamers using Firmino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Iago wrote: »
    Playing wl for the second time to try and work towards 18 wins, I’ll definitely need all 6 weeks to have any chance so have to try it. 0 from 3 so far as I work towards my ranking. Would be delighted with 4 wins in the league this weekend.

I know some of you might think I’m being falsely modest or whatever but I’m pretty sure I’m the only fifa player who is currently benching messi for moura because the extra speed is more valuable than anything i’m capable of with messi :)

This is a tough slog

Ended up 6-2-14 (6-16)

I know there are no draws but in the first of those games the game booted me at 1-0 in the first half and in the second my controller disconnected at 1-1 in the second half (that”s happened 6/7 times since I started playing fifa 21, have to close out snd reboot game for teh controller to Be recognized again)

6 wins may not seem something to be excited about but I would of taken it at the start. Didn’t have time to finish so have 8 games of rivals to play as well this week. Could be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

now is a good time while golden goal is going on to grind the live friendlies 300 wins is a 100k and an ultimate pack and you should already have a decent amoutn of them done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Iago wrote: »
    Ended up 6-2-14 (6-16)

I know there are no draws but in the first of those games the game booted me at 1-0 in the first half and in the second my controller disconnected at 1-1 in the second half (that”s happened 6/7 times since I started playing fifa 21, have to close out snd reboot game for teh controller to Be recognized again)

6 wins may not seem something to be excited about but I would of taken it at the start. Didn’t have time to finish so have 8 games of rivals to play as well this week. Could be worse.

1/3 of the way to the icon swap token with lots of weekends left so you'll get it no bother!

Would it be crazy to buy bruno now for 2 million? If he gets another inform or 4 wins surely price cap be razed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Did the bundesliga sbc’s and my god they’ve killed them so bad, out of the 18 packs the most valuable thing I got was a New Zealand away kit from a silver pack that sold for 4K :D (I’m not even joking!)

I did get 88 Kane from the jumbo rare players pack at the end which was slight damage limitation but I’m still down 80k from when I started the sbc’s.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Would it be crazy to buy bruno now for 2 million? If he gets another inform or 4 wins surely price cap be razed?

Unless he gets injured he’s def getting more informs! And yes, United should win 4 in a row at some point. If you have the money I’d go for it, I imagine if he gets a toty card it’ll be insanely expensive.

As somewhat of a comparison, I got Neymar’s headliner last year when it was in packs, it rose by about an extra 1.8 mil up to Tots, I know that’s slightly different because Neymar’s headliner was a cam compared to his usual lw card (and he’s one of the most meta players in the game) but gives an indication of how the top tier cards can rise.

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Unless he gets injured he’s def getting more informs! And yes, United should win 4 in a row at some point. If you have the money I’d go for it, I imagine if he gets a toty card it’ll be insanely expensive.

couldn't resist i was using his base card weekend league and thats even insanely good at this stage of game.

couldn't resist i was using his base card weekend league and thats even insanely good at this stage of game.

Haha enjoy your new card :)

I had just edited my post to include a little bit about neymar headliner last year too so def think it’s a sound investment!
    Most importantly anyway you get to use a card you like for months, that’s what the game is all about!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Took Vidic with the first batch of Icon Swaps so decided to use all of my tokens this time around on the packs as planned.

Out of 2 x Ultimate Packs, a 5 x 85+ pack and the 25 x 83+ pack my best pull was Bernardo Silva.

I can’t really complain about pack luck as I’ve had some great pulls this year, but FFS that is horrendous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

So here is my weekend league summary, not as pretty as Mr.Moon's one. (I just found this one on reddit)

Played a Balanced default 4231(2) and if that wasn't working switched to a 442 with a higher line (8 depth), I also have a 4231 ultra attacking but only used that late on in 2-3 games. Played Felix as the CAM or 2nd striker with Neymar LAM and Mbappe RAM.

Completely changed my opinion of CR7 since I moved him back in, not sure if that is down to chem style or being on 10 chem now but the difference is huge.

Noting the most passes was utterly pointless as it is always going to end up being one of the 3 midfields, so I will change that to something lse that might give me some more insight next time.

mH8KSaU.png

Haha enjoy your new card :)

I had just edited my post to include a little bit about neymar headliner last year too so def think it’s a sound investment!
    Most importantly anyway you get to use a card you like for months, that’s what the game is all about!

When i started buying i couldn't stop haha.

Screenshot-20210104-153933-Companion.jpg

Who would we put in defence instead of gomez? Has to be English or an icon and ive already used totw walker and gomez so prob and icon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

how about his IF card? Gomez's IF card is unreal apparently and up there with VVD.
    Also hand over that Puskas. I need him back in my team.
    He's miles ahead of Mbappe at least for me.

Who would we put in defence instead of gomez? Has to be English or an icon and ive already used totw walker and gomez so prob and icon.

Prime Rio to tick both boxes? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Screenshot-2021-01-04-at-15-42-24.png

First time I've manged to crack Gold 1. Put an engine on Felix and played him at CAM for a change, plays well there.

Blazer wrote: »
    how about his IF card? Gomez's IF card is unreal apparently and up there with VVD.
    Also hand over that Puskas. I need him back in my team.
    He's miles ahead of Mbappe at least for me.

Puskas cant go anywhere he is tied to me at this stage haha.

Had gomez inform and its fine i just was keen to try someone a bit more physical maybe. Was wondering had anyone used cambell this year? If i remember correct i used him two year ago and he was very sluggish.

• Advertisement

BrentMused wrote: »
    Prime Rio to tick both boxes? :pac:

Yeah ideally he would but he a little out of my price range.

Screenshot-20210104-161851-Companion.jpg

That fits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Robben and Beckham are so much fun together, these are all from one match :pac:

tnjtEiL.gif
    hlNW3fn.gif
    f2mAPPF.gif
    hYPxpL0.gif

BrentMused wrote: »
    Took Vidic with the first batch of Icon Swaps so decided to use all of my tokens this time around on the packs as planned.

How are you finding Vidic? Not sure whether to go for him or the base icon pack.

v3ttel wrote: »
    How are you finding Vidic? Not sure whether to go for him or the base icon pack.

I really like him.

I posted a detailed review a few weeks back when I first got him which I will find and link to :)

Pace is not the best on paper but I don’t find it to be too much of an issue with a shadow and he plays above his stats.

He’s one of those players that just seems to always pop up in the right place at the right time, especially for interceptions and AI blocks.

For the amount of tokens he’s an absolute bargain IMO.

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Going to be "that guy" again after getting Cruyff & Eto'o from the two Base Icons... got this from the Base or Mid SBC that I wasn't going to do until I got pissed off after bottling Elite last night. Having pack luck is the most beautiful thing on earth. Although surely mine's gone now...

He's unreal btw. Like a midfield version of Varane with extra legs.

A2010-Vieira2.png

• Advertisement

Seems to be impossible to get Cunha. Have scored two outside of the box goals now and neither has unlocked the objective. I wouldn't mind only it's next to impossible to score from outside the box. I've only had 2 in about 15 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Seems to be impossible to get Cunha. Have scored two outside of the box goals now and neither has unlocked the objective. I wouldn't mind only it's next to impossible to score from outside the box. I've only had 2 in about 15 games.

Has to be in a win as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

RedRochey wrote: »

Yeah, I got one in my first game (and win) and it unlocked for me.

RedRochey wrote: »

Oh ffs, I gave the win away because I didn't think I needed it.... totally misread it! I definitely lost the other game.....

I thought it was glitched - thanks for that!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm torn between investing in him now or waiting till TOTY.

Not playing for a week, but can't see him dropping below 2m.

But ye lot are making me think it might be worth nabbing one now for 2m, for when I get back....

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

But ye lot are making me think it might be worth nabbing one now for 2m, for when I get back....

Way i see it is whats point in wating until when everyone will have him. Buy now and enjoy him if he gets a boost in next couple weeks he be even more unreal. If football is suspended i can see him crashing tho.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Lord TSC wrote: »

He’s extinct isn’t he?

Mr Moon wrote: »
    He’s extinct isn’t he?

Kinda, if you keep refreshing he will pop up every so often. I had about 4 chances to buy him earlier before i decided to take the plunge and bought him the next time. Haven't checked since incase his price has dropped haha.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They’ve announced the PL isn’t being suspended so not worried bout that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Did the 85+ x 5.
    Would have liked a Messi etc but can’t complain.

1-C645-B7-B-0-C48-4-FF4-9381-B83093834-A13.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

A circuit board football on level 10 season progress, that'll be right up there with the stupid brown spongy ball as annoying to play against

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Decided to play a game of rivals as I’ve finished the friendlies swaps and cba doing Cunha - guess which one is me :) it was a winner in the 94th min of 2 mins added time btw

2683-A418-E80-E-4-D9-F-9-FB3-3594-FA9-DE3-B2.jpg

CADB1523-8-A3-A-49-EA-BDD8-8-A1-DDD067-D51.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I bought Fernandes headliner too. But do you not think he will drop in price if/when he gets toty?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Screenshot-20210104-161851-Companion.jpg

That fits.

Do you like Ballack? I bought him and sold him a few hours later. Found him very slow and clunky.

dmigsy wrote: »
    Do you like Ballack? I bought him and sold him a few hours later. Found him very slow and clunky.

My second time buying him i think he is a bit of everything thats needed. He doesn't get forward as much in a 442 as he seems to do in 4231 but if he does he has the shooting skills.

• Advertisement

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I bought Fernandes headliner too. But do you not think he will drop in price if/when he gets toty?

Id assume and it deoends what rating he gets and price. His headliner is guranteed to reach at least 93 surely.

His headliner is guranteed to reach at least 93 surely.

I wouldn't be so sure, EA decide whether or not he gets upgrades and now that he's got a Headliners card they'll be far less likely to give them to him, he's basically gonna need to score a hat trick to get one from now on.

SBC for a Moments John Stones, there are already better Man City CBs and better Prem English CBs in the game. You'd think that during a promo about players currently performing well in real life they'd give a Headliners SBC card to Ruben Dias instead.

150k for that John stones, pity he wasn’t priced reasonably 70-80k, I might’ve done him for my starter team, but why bother when I can get Gomez for 22k.

I wouldn't be so sure, EA decide whether or not he gets upgrades and now that he's got a Headliners card they'll be far less likely to give them to him, he's basically gonna need to score a hat trick to get one from now on.

Bruno says "hold my beer".

Bruno says "hold my beer".

Motm cards also count for headliners (or at least they did last year anyway) they should be back for fa cup and knockout stages of European competitions

Motm cards also count for headliners (or at least they did last year anyway) they should be back for fa cup and knockout stages of European competitions

Hoping he gets couple upgrades. Freekicks are as good as getting a penalty with him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Just spent about 30k coins on silver packs in order to get a few French first-owned players to complete a starting 11. French silver first-owned gets three tokens in six games.

Silvers seem to be selling well so I should recoup a lot of it back but even if I didn't, you can't put a price on not having to play extra squad battle games.

Annnnnnnd this is why controllers get smashed......

Played a guy who had 5 shots and scored 4 of them. Meanwhile, I had 29 shots, hit the post 3 times. His Alison had 18 saves.

Lost after extra time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Took the 10-Token Base/Mid Icon Pack from Icon Swaps.

538475.PNG

:D

No idea if he is any good or not but at least it wasn't Inzaghi. He's going for around 1.6M on the market so assuming he is decent enough. Haven't had a chance to play with him yet but threw a Finisher on him to boost his agility and balance which looked a bit of a worry.

Advertisement