Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Oh Cantona is awesome.
    You’re not going to regret that card.
    I’d happily trade you a Garrincha for him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I completed the base/mid icon sbc earlier on the app, it was a pain because I had little high rated fodder. I just know it'll be a rubbish outcome after the hassle I had doing it. Will open tomorrow on console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

See a few streamers opening base icon player picks and they seem to be a lot better than the other icon options

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

They after raising the max bin for bruno to 4m so some are on market for over 2.1m i hope his price doesn't filter down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Got Eto’o from the Base Icon SBC from Icon swaps, Has anybody used him and have an opinion on him

I’m sure he’s fantastic but One thing I noticed is he has Medium/Low workrates hopefully that won’t be a problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Liamalone wrote: »
    I completed the base/mid icon sbc earlier on the app, it was a pain because I had little high rated fodder. I just know it'll be a rubbish outcome after the hassle I had doing it. Will open tomorrow on console.

Rivaldo 90 CF, yeah Brazil flag gave me hopes of a biggy, alas it was not to be.
    Med/Low workrates not great I'd imagine, 2 star WF, no chat at all on his futhead page.

Here's hoping he surprises me.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Just spent about 30k coins on silver packs in order to get a few French first-owned players to complete a starting 11. French silver first-owned gets three tokens in six games.

Silvers seem to be selling well so I should recoup a lot of it back but even if I didn't, you can't put a price on not having to play extra squad battle games.

I found the championship and the first few Sudamerica SBCs helpful for this. I had enough for a full silver French XI in no time at all. I did all the SBCs that gave out silver or tradable packs, and was able to turn a small profit on it. I was able to get all the cards on bid for less than 300 coins.
    I'll have to fork out for 10 Liga Nos UCL players @1.5K each though if I want to cut the games down further.

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Got Eto’o from the Base Icon SBC from Icon swaps, Has anybody used him and have an opinion on him

I’m sure he’s fantastic but One thing I noticed is he has Medium/Low workrates hopefully that won’t be a problem

I have him! About 80 competitive games in and he is fantastic - I put a marksman on and the strength boost + his weird running seems to let him batter his way through the opposition more than your usual top class striker.

Shot power is off the scale. His passing and ability to turn is a bit crap but you'll get used to it!

Liamalone wrote: »
    Rivaldo 90 CF, yeah Brazil flag gave me hopes of a biggy, alas it was not to be.
    Med/Low workrates not great I'd imagine, 2 star WF, no chat at all on his futhead page.

Here's hoping he surprises me.

Had if for a but he's ok. Iv not really found a cam that adds a lot in this game so far

R00ster wrote: »
    I'll have to fork out for 10 Liga Nos UCL players @1.5K each though if I want to cut the games down further.

I had to pay around 7-8k for Liga Nos UCL players last weekend, sold them the same day so didn't lose any coins though

• Advertisement

Just trying to do the squad battles icon swaps.

Do the first own or French players have to be starting 11 or can some be on bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

jayo26 wrote: »
    Just trying to do the squad battles icon swaps.

Do the first own or French players have to be starting 11 or can some be on bench?

Starting 11. If you can try use 11 First Owned silver French players. Means you can get 3 tokens done in 6 games rather than 18.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

If you don't have first owned 11 at least buy some silver French and you can do 2 swaps in 6 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

folks whats the cheapest quickest way to get icon swaps? the french one above sounds good, what else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Cyrus wrote: »
    folks whats the cheapest quickest way to get icon swaps? the french one above sounds good, what else?

11 UCL Liga NOS players for the rest of the SB combined with the first owner French silver and you’ve got all your SB swaps in 12 games. If you don’t have french silvers, buy a couple silver packs and you’ll have them in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

can you translate this for me please :P

11 UCL Liga NOS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Cyrus wrote: »
    can you translate this for me please :P

11 UCL Liga NOS

a full porto team of champions league cards

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Swap tokens:

Silver
    Les Bleus
    One Club Wonders
    Use a team of first owned silver french players to get these 3 swaps done in 6 games

UCL
    Liga NOS
    Use a full UCL team of Liga NOS players to get these 2 tokens in 6 games.

All 5 swaps players done in 12 games.

I only have 52 games left to get 7 wins with an all Brazilian team to have all the swaps completed. I think this shouldn't be a problem...

Presume TOTY will start next week then? I can finally start clearing out the 100+ packs I have saved up.

• Advertisement

Presume TOTY will start next week then? I can finally start clearing out the 100+ packs I have saved up.

Ya I think there's a second batch of Headliners coming out this Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Does anyone know if UCL RTTF or UCL TOTGS would count as part of the 11 UCLs?

I'm trying to combine the swap tokens for 11 UCLs and 11 French players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Unless they decide to do a week of 'TOTY Nominees'.
    v3ttel wrote: »
    Does anyone know if UCL RTTF or UCL TOTGS would count as part of the 11 UCLs?

I'm trying to combine the swap tokens for 11 UCLs and 11 French players.

Yep they do afaik.

Doing the swaps and using that Firmino’s CM card and goddamn it’s a fantastic card.
    If I got Puskas in my base icon I’d be tempted to sink coins into that sbc.

Blazer wrote: »
    Doing the swaps and using that Firmino’s CM card and goddamn it’s a fantastic card.
    If I got Puskas in my base icon I’d be tempted to sink coins into that sbc.

Really tempted to do this as well, was hoping TOTY would come around sooner so I could open all my packs and use any fodder for the SBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That Malen card looks pretty tasty

Actually on second thought that RB card will make a great Van Berghen link. Now to find myself somehow invested in the winner of Ajax v PSV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Klaiber is perfect for that link to Robben, can now do this on full chem

Ad3UzG3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Just played a couple of games in the one league objective for swaps - went 2-0 down in both and brought it back to 2-2 and both times opponent instant quits depriving me of a chance of a win - obviously didn’t realise I’m not that good otherwise they could have played on and battered me lol

Klaiber is perfect for that link to Robben, can now do this on full chem

Ad3UzG3.png

You're giving me Acuna PTSD, why didn't I do him!!!! :(

• Advertisement

Cant wait to have two 84 rated keepers to pick from tomorrow

They've added another Mid/Base Icon SBC

I'm weak

I'm doing it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mr Moon wrote: »
    You're giving me Acuna PTSD, why didn't I do him!!!! :(

I run a La Liga team and it didn't even register with me to do him till it expired :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I run a La Liga team and it didn't even register with me to do him till it expired :(

I took the more expensive option in Coquelin as I already had Mendy and Torriera as left backs :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

jayo26 wrote: »
    Cant wait to have two 84 rated keepers to pick from tomorrow

If you don’t get cr7 it really is slim pickings, kimmich not bad either but a big gap from Ronaldo back to next best

They've added another Mid/Base Icon SBC

I'm weak

I'm doing it

Pack incoming, any predictions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

I did it last night before it expired. Got mid makelele. Played him in a couple games and pleasantly surprised. Think he'll take Kantes place now.

Pack incoming, any predictions?

Base Ballack :(

From 7 Icons that's 3 CBs, 3 CMs, and 1 ST

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Base Ballack :(

From 7 Icons that's 3 CBs, 3 CMs, and 1 ST

Just be glad to have 7 icons. I'm not even near that level to have one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Had a draft token so I've won the first two. I've an orange Ben yedder up top whatever it is. Holy God.

I was 2 down in the first game, defending a corner, ball broke to Ben yedder, beat 3 and went the length of the pitch to make it 2-1. He scored another 3 and I won 5-3.

What a player!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

To those who have robben, how goes he compare to van Bergen, I’m assuming better but by much??

I’m going to do that Ajax rb sbc and possibly malen too, doing robben too would probably clear out my club so just want to see if he’s worth it first?

• Advertisement

That showdown RB has me wanting to do Robben now, he looks like the best RB in the game.

I've over 40 games left that I'm going to give wins away now in the one nation. Took me a lot less time and hassle than I thought.

So I've 17 of the Icon Swap tokens got now, just need the 18 WL wins

Think I'll do the 85+ x5 pack and the Mid or Prime Icon Pack, has anyone done this pack yet?

Never opened an Icon pack before (could never afford them) so I'm happy to take the gamble :D

RedRochey wrote: »
    So I've 17 of the Icon Swap tokens got now, just need the 18 WL wins

Think I'll do the 85+ x5 pack and the Mid or Prime Icon Pack, has anyone done this pack yet?

Never opened an Icon pack before (could never afford them) so I'm happy to take the gamble :D

How about the 1 of 3 base icons? I’m sorry now Indidnt go for it. Picks seem to be mostly excellent.

Blazer wrote: »
    How about the 1 of 3 base icons? I’m sorry now Indidnt go for it. Picks seem to be mostly excellent.

Yeah I haven't seen a single one where all 3 picks are bad

Took the gamble on the Mid/Prime Pack as I wanted to be able to open the 85+ x5 pack during TOTY

Got Middle Beckham, not the worst but far from the best

Only looks like a slight upgrade on the free version we got as well :rolleyes:

20210106-235318.jpg

5x85 pack.

4 hours of my life ill never get back.

Team really feels like it's clicking again with Beckham as the CCM, need a proper passer in that role, Acuna and Klaiber are the perfect wingbacks for this system too. Also finally brought back POTM Ansu Fati, no idea why I ever dropped him as he's still one of the best cards I've used, way better than Messi

dJbszYx.gif

Hogey007 wrote: »
    To those who have robben, how goes he compare to van Bergen, I’m assuming better but by much??

I’m going to do that Ajax rb sbc and possibly malen too, doing robben too would probably clear out my club so just want to see if he’s worth it first?

Came up against him there for the first time today. His dribbling is immense, ran rings around my defence but my opponent was very predictable in cutting in on the left, so it wasn’t too difficult in stopping him. I’ll probably still do him as he looks like a lot of fun + that new RB looks mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'm really tempted by the icon player pick now. The worst picks I've seen are Ronaldinho and Sol Campbell who are both still decent. Most of them have been unreal though.

It's either that or: Vidic, 5x85+, 25x 83+ & 2 ultimate packs. Guaranteed icon who is usable for a while and hopefully some decent SBC fodder. The only thing is that I already have Varane & RTTF Kounde (both untradeable), so I'm ok for CBs.

I really want to get Cantona (I will never be able to afford the 1.6m for him, at least not with a good team around him) or Best or any of the other savage icons (who I realistically won't ever be able to afford!)

v3ttel wrote: »
    I'm really tempted by the icon player pick now. The worst picks I've seen are Ronaldinho and Sol Campbell who are both still decent. Most of them have been unreal though.

It's either that or: Vidic, 5x85+, 25x 83+ & 2 ultimate packs. Guaranteed icon who is usable for a while and hopefully some decent SBC fodder. The only thing is that I already have Varane & RTTF Kounde (both untradeable), so I'm ok for CBs.

I really want to get Cantona (I will never be able to afford the 1.6m for him, at least not with a good team around him) or Best or any of the other savage icons (who I realistically won't ever be able to afford!)

Go for it dude.

• Advertisement
Advertisement