Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

jayo26 wrote: »
    20210106-235318.jpg

5x85 pack.

4 hours of my life ill never get back.

My best pull from that was Bernardo Silva! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Morales and Akanji from my red picks. From the 8 cards nobody above an 82, (not even the 1 useable 82 Tierney). I obviously wasn't expecting to get CR7 but its been weeks of utter trash and not even decent fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Aspas and Dragowiski from red picks.

Aspas from packs Gerrard from mid 89+ not the worst I'll use him for sure l. Icons seem to have fallen off a cliff price wise this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Leibold and stanndeberg

Already have leibold base, and packed his totw card last night in a sbc, so now have a second totw with a red background.

Go me :/

Aspas and Dragowiski from red picks.

Decent fodder, though you might want to hold on to Aspas as a supersub, apparently he has legendary corners. :rolleyes:
    Iago wrote: »
    Leibold and stanndeberg

Already have leibold base, and packed his totw card last night in a sbc, so now have a second totw with a red background.

Go me :/

Yikes and I thought my picks were bad. :o

Parawind wrote: »
    Decent fodder, though you might want to hold on to Aspas as a supersub, apparently he has legendary corners. :rolleyes:

His stats look good. I'll give him a run anyway and see what he's like.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

G2 Red Rewards:

81 Leibold
    79 Caio
    83 Lucas Vazquez
    81 Younes

82 Santamaria
    84 Jordi Masip
    81 Younes
    78 Strandberg

Just once, I'd love a good red pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Bad red picks as usual.

Saving all my packs from this morning onwards for toty. Will be tough to not open them.

Also anyone with the option still, if I could I'd have done the base icon player pick. Seems to be the best option. 18 tokens for a reason.

• Advertisement

4 squad battle wins from Base/Mid icon pick.

I've opened two base icon packs so far this Fifa and I've got Rush and Gerrard. Hopefully I get something decent. I was half thinking of doing Hagi but I'm happy with my squad so why not roll the dice and get Inzaghi...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

The thought of starting into the icon swap tokens this morning is destroying me.

Thinking about getting one of prime blanc, cannavarro or desailly has anyone used any of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Thinking about getting one of prime blanc, cannavarro or desailly has anyone used any of them?

What’s your frontline like?
    I’d spend the money on a better striker than defender.

I bounce between these two. Have about 1.3-1.4 mil to spend

4 squad battle wins from Base/Mid icon pick.

I've opened two base icon packs so far this Fifa and I've got Rush and Gerrard. Hopefully I get something decent. I was half thinking of doing Hagi but I'm happy with my squad so why not roll the dice and get Inzaghi...

Mid Marc Overmars. Could have been worse i suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Opened my Rivals rewards, did the untradeable rewards so got some 24 item, 3 rares packs. Wasn't expecting anything tbh other than maybe SBC fodder.

Did a double take when it appeared!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Just noticed ea have the wrong time for the Ajax v psv game, they say it’s at 19:45 on Sunday, it’s at 15:45, as it stands the sbc is up until 6pm Sunday so you’d know the winner before it expires.

They might fix it but I know in the summer showdown ones in fifa 20 they got one wrong too and left it up,

I’m going to do the right back anyway cos I want him regardless, I’ll probably only do malen if sbc is still up and he gets an upgrade

I bounce between these two. Have about 1.3-1.4 mil to spend

not bad at all.. good frontline there.
    I've done the whole icon backline and none of them impress me anymore than Ramos and Varane.

I cracked and done Robben and Klaiber there... looking forward to getting hammered with this team now. Changes to 4231 or 41212(2) in game.

BE427447-0531-483-E-A5-CC-AD680-EB3407-F.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I done the John Stones sbc, decent enough with Gomez at the back, came up against Ben Yedder, Mbappe and Ronaldo there and won 4-1 so good start for him, can only go downhill from here.

• Advertisement

I love your team mr moon, Felix, Robben, Stoichkov, Klaiber, Hazard and then Nick Pope, sums this fifa up perfectly ;)

Bet he's your best player to

Opened my Rivals rewards, did the untradeable rewards so got some 24 item, 3 rares packs. Wasn't expecting anything tbh other than maybe SBC fodder.

Did a double take when it appeared!

I done the same, hoping for decent fodder to use for Torres, didnt get any but i did get Areola in 5 out of 8 packs, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

When does the marquee match ups usually get released?

I love your team mr moon, Felix, Robben, Stoichkov, Klaiber, Hazard and then Nick Pope, sums this fifa up perfectly ;)

Someone posted up a pro footballers team and it was Gullit, Pele, R9 etc and his own 99 card.
    And then in goals amongst 9 icons and a pro card is Nick ****in Pope’s base card lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

CSWS101 wrote: »
    When does the marquee match ups usually get released?

6pm tonight.

Blazer wrote: »
    Someone posted up a pro footballers team and it was Gullit, Pele, R9 etc and his own 99 card.
    And then in goals amongst 9 icons and a pro card is Nick ****in Pope’s base card lol.

I actually hate him, if you move him at all the ball goes right through him. I usually use Lloris but I needed a green link to Gomez to give him full chem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

lads ive always forgot to post a link to teh stream in here, if any of yous wanna jump in or follow it or if you find it cringey tell me im a cont :D im just banging out drafts most days sometimes icon roulette(last one was bergkamp baby) other than that i jsut try chill and fail at drafts :D

link

https://www.twitch.tv/futkarlito

Apologies to Mr Moon but this sums fifa up perfectly, its in fact, Perfection

not bad at all.. good frontline there.
    I've done the whole icon backline and none of them impress me anymore than Ramos and Varane.

Ya I figured as much I just think it's mental that there's not really a huge improvement for Joe gomez

Ya I figured as much I just think it's mental that there's not really a huge improvement for Joe gomez

I find Ramo’s base card better really. He’s always back to make a last ditch tackle for me etc. Something I never see Gomez doing.

• Advertisement

I find Ramo’s base card better really. He’s always back to make a last ditch tackle for me etc. Something I never see Gomez doing.

Do you reckon I'd be mad to sell if rashford and get headliner bruno

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

How do you get a full 11 of first owned silver French players....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I did Vidic in swaps 1 and I’m happy with him, was thinking Davor for the rest of the tokens..mad or not?

I did Vidic in swaps 1 and I’m happy with him, was thinking Davor for the rest of the tokens..mad or not?

Aparently he's excelent though iv never used him

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    How do you get a full 11 of first owned silver French players....

Buy silver packs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Buy silver packs.

Yeah pretty much. Think I had 6 or so in the club already. Then just opened up some saved Electrum & Mixed Packs I had to get to the 11.

I liked Suker, there’s a lot worse than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

But don't take my word for how good Beckham is, take my opponent's :D

Screenshot_20210107-192236.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

What's your team like?

• Advertisement

Which beckham do you have. Base?

Also.is prime makelele better than kante?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Is oblak the Best goalkeeper in the game ? I now have two icon CB’s in Koeman and Hierro so want to upgrade from Handanovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Also.is prime makelele better than kante?

Dunno about Prime Makelele but I picked up base Makelele this week and he's immense as a CDM. Very quick(96) with a shadow, good agility on the ball too. Sold IF Sanches since I got Makelele in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Did 10 of the 82 rated player packs and got varane.... Now im wondering is it worth keeping his 88 rated card or sell it for the 1.2 million and use his 86..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

RedRochey wrote: »
    What's your team like?

Ad3UzG3.png

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Did 10 of the 82 rated player packs and got varane.... Now im wondering is it worth keeping his 88 rated card or sell it for the 1.2 million and use his 86..

Sell it. His base is immense too.

Got 4 more Icon Swaps done tonight to bring me up to 10, did 3 of the squad battle ones and the prem friendlies. Wow EA really know how to take the fun out of something, I had almost forgot why I never touch squad battles. Most boring grind ever.

I'd well believe it, the combination of reasonable defensive stats and high aggression should make him pretty good at winning the ball back.

Where they came up with 84 aggression for him i'll never know, that's 13 higher then baby Makelele.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Go for it dude.

Damn, I'm very tempted to go for it. Have 6 squad battle games left and that'll give me the 17 required. I've watched about 20 of them being opened and only 3 were brutal. Maybe 4 were ok (at least semi usable) and most of them were very good or unreal.

In my last ~120 packs over the last 4 weeks, I've only had two (untradeable) walkouts. My pack luck is so bad right now that I'm worried I'll be shafted. Might be better to take the SBC fodder & Vidic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Parawind wrote: »
    I'd well believe it, the combination of reasonable defensive stats and high aggression should make him pretty good at winning the ball back.

Where they came up with 84 aggression for him i'll never know, that's 13 higher then baby Makelele.

I was kinda disappointed with getting Mid Beckham in my icon pack but you've given me hope a little now :D play 4121 with Kante CDM, Moura RM, Son LM and Firmino CAM, guess I could change formation in game to push Beckham more into the CAM position in place of Moura

RedRochey wrote: »
    I was kinda disappointed with getting Mid Beckham in my icon pack but you've given me hope a little now :D play 4121 with Kante CDM, Moura RM, Son LM and Firmino CAM, guess I could change formation in game to push Beckham more into the CAM position in place of Moura

I did a lot of testing with different players in the CDM role and what I concluded was a combination of even decent acceleration and high aggression in a player makes them far more effective at winning the ball back.

Its why cards like Capa and Acuna are so effective as CDMs pressuring the ball carrier. Also why I highly recommend doing the Klaiber SBC, while his workrates aren't great for a CDM compared to Acuna he will still be a really OP rightback.

• Advertisement
Advertisement