Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

The FG swaps thing is on twitch now for anyone collecting. Just stick it on in the background for an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

v3ttel wrote: »
    Are any of the league SBCs worth grinding to generate fodder for the SBCs that will drop around TOTY?

https://www.futbin.com/stc/challenges and order by vfc, I think anything above 3 is good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jayo26 wrote: »
    Played few games with mbappe this morning so good to have him back in the club i forgot how good he was. Sold up aubamyang who i enjoyed too but mbappe juat has the extra burst of acelleration in the box.

I tried him again yesterday in my team and just couldn’t click with him.
    Start of 21 I felt he was amazing and a proper ST but now he feels more like a RW /CAM to me.
    I probably need more time with him but I brought back in mid Puskas and 5 goals in his first WL. Even when I bought his first baby card time around I instinctively clicked with him and no one has come close to him since. At least in the 2 mill range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Blazer wrote: »
    I tried him again yesterday in my team and just couldn’t click with him.
    Start of 21 I felt he was amazing and a proper ST but now he feels more like a RW /CAM to me.
    I probably need more time with him but I brought back in mid Puskas and 5 goals in his first WL. Even when I bought his first baby card time around I instinctively clicked with him and no one has come close to him since. At least in the 2 mill range.

Im playing him beside 89 puskas in 442 and he has 10 goals and 8 assists on 5 games. Puskas is scoring more that i have moved him back to tge right now too.

Im thinking of selling headliner bruno now tho i think he is wasted in cm and i might be better off getting one of the top tier icon midfielders for 3 million.

Servers are ****in awful today. I’m hammering players and the lag is atrocious and costing me games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Servers are ****in awful today. I’m hammering players and the lag is atrocious and costing me games.

Balls, I've to get most of my games done today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Its the same every weekend that they are running their twitch streams. I am convinced off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

its fgs2 today so servers will be in the mud alll weekend

chips1234 wrote: »
    its fgs2 today so servers will be in the mud alll weekend

Crap. I had to get 12 wins this weekend for my last swap token.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Got the 4 WL wins I needed to get the Base or Mid Icon Swap completed. Time for the big reveal:

1W0GM0.gif
    Called it:
    dmigsy wrote: »
    I did the 85+ x5 Pack and the 83+ x25 Pack. Got nowt. Next 10 going on Base or Mid Icon pack. Looking forward to getting base Laudrup from it.

The useless bollix won't even make my bench :pac:

• Advertisement

Crap. I had to get 12 wins this weekend for my last swap token.

im 9-0 after yesterday, playing really well fired up some draft to warm up, can barely pass the ball lol zero chance im playing champs today might be better tomorrow or after they finish up the fgs

im 9-0 after yesterday, playing really well fired up some draft to warm up, can barely pass the ball lol zero chance im playing champs today might be better tomorrow or after they finish up the fgs

lol as i say this they finish up guess, i'll try after 6 see what its like

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh thank god, thought it was something on my end. To be honest, I won two games I shouldn't have due to the lag, and lost two. So it balanced out ok for me.

Got an Ultimate Pack for winning 200 WL games. Best cards? Busquets and Thiago Silva :( Both of which, I already have untradeable too. Might do the Dutch RB SBC just to use them, rather than actually burn them into discard.

Bruno out and Mathaus in hoping he will be better all round.

Screenshot-20210109-154910-Companion.jpg

Played one game of WL, OMG, it was awful!!!

how do you find ballack ? the card itself looks great bar agility, balance, def awareness and curve, do you play him and mathaus stay back while attacking ? in my head with his body type, hes just a faster more defence minded pogba without the 5* skill and curve.

is he stiff with turning etc ?

how do you find ballack ? the card itself looks great bar agility, balance, def awareness and curve, do you play him and mathaus stay back while attacking ? in my head with his body type, hes just a faster more defence minded pogba without the 5* skill and curve.

is he stiff with turning etc ?

I have Ballack set to stay back. There is something about ballack but his standing tackles and interceptions are really good ive used players with better defensive stats but his animations or somethng make him win tackles he shouldn't, he aint the most agile but his positioning seems to be really good.

I haven't used Mathaus yet im hoping hos added pace will suit the position more then what bruno Fernandes brought to cm.

I have Ballack set to stay back. There is something about ballack but his standing tackles and interceptions are really good ive used players with better defensive stats but his animations or somethng make him win tackles he shouldn't, he aint the most agile but his positioning seems to be really good.

I haven't used Mathaus yet im hoping hos added pace will suit the position more then what bruno Fernandes brought to cm.

are you gonna keep anchor on mathaus ? his defending and physical is perfectly fine for box to box so is his pace, please try him with a finisher and boost his agility balance and dribbling, youre basically gonna boost his 3 worst stats that are important + make his attacking super elite.

please try it and let me know how it goes :D

are you gonna keep anchor on mathaus ? his defending and physical is perfectly fine for box to box so is his pace, please try him with a finisher and boost his agility balance and dribbling, youre basically gonna boost his 3 worst stats that are important + make his attacking super elite.

please try it and let me know how it goes :D

Yeah ill give it a go i literally just put him on team and took screenshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Oh thank god, thought it was something on my end. To be honest, I won two games I shouldn't have due to the lag, and lost two. So it balanced out ok for me.

Got an Ultimate Pack for winning 200 WL games. Best cards? Busquets and Thiago Silva :( Both of which, I already have untradeable too. Might do the Dutch RB SBC just to use them, rather than actually burn them into discard.

He's well worth it if you can fit him into your team. He bombs down the right side for the full 90 and is strong in the tackle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Accidentally listed a OTW Partey with a BIN of 12.5k instead of 125k :o:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'm 12-4 in WL, maybe the lag suits me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Telles, Leiva, Onana & Godin my choices from the 84+ pack. That Cantona pull has obviously drained what little pack luck I have for the year :pac:

Prime Kaka, Owen and Keane SBCs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

I went 9-2 and I'm now 10-10. I'm in a state of disbelief. Worst WL of my life.

Just did the base/mid icon out of boredom.
    Fingers crossed :)

Godammnit...baby Shearer.
    The worse card you can get..for the greatest premiership striker ever. Argh.

Prime Keane is great news for my United past and present team. Finally something decent to pump fodder into :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Really regretting doing that Traore sbc over christmas, Torres and Owen could be my strikers now, stupid boredom, lol

The dutch lads i got from the sbc yesterday might have a short career with me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Going to work towards Keane. Hope I can do him, would love that card. Never managed to complete one of these.

• Advertisement

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Going to work towards Keane. Hope I can do him, would love that card. Never managed to complete one of these.

I always found his card very good. While not meta he splits the play up, tackles hard and delivers the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Prime Kaka, Owen and Keane SBCs up.

Think Kaka is a must do (looks way better than rttf Pogba/maddison anyway) not sure about keane , doesn’t seem much better than kante/allan who I already have.

Could do owen but think mid davor is probably better.

Somebody more fifa educated than me point out the error of my ways please

Keanes tradeable card is cheaper then the sbc value. Well done again EA

And his mid card is probably better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,338 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I always found his card very good. While not meta he splits the play up, tackles hard and delivers the ball.

Gets on with the play bill :D

I’d imagine he’s crashed a bit too, but not sure what he was earlier. I did see the comments on Reddit when he launched that he was a bit cheaper than his traceable.

POTM Felix...can’t rave enough about him. 106 goals and 59 assists in 98 games. I don’t think I’ve ever had a 1:1 ratio on a striker before after so many games. Possibly the best Value SBC I’ve ever done.

Headliners Bruno doing well. 23 goals and 19 assists in 29 games.

Messi doing ok, 49 goals and 39 assists in 66 games.

Really enjoying that trio this weekend. All gel so well together.

14-12 now. The two games I lost due to lag coming back to bite me in the ass now. Can’t see me hitting 17 tho. But 14 is enough really.

3 new useless icons if you ask me, no one wants Keane or Owen (well Keane doesn’t look the worst value and as we’re Irish and plenty of Utd fans in here I can understand the want to do it), but Kaka is waaaay overpriced!!

Id like them to release some top icons that we can pick away at and maybe have by the time tots comes.

I’ve 3.3 million in the bank here, I’m no trader either. I’ve made the decision to not go for all the SBCs like I did last year. I’ve done the ones I felt were good value or too good to say no to.

Marquinhos, Atal, Robben, Kaliber and Thiago Silva are the only player SBCs I’ve done. Im enjoying playing with my team and I’ve 100 packs saved so far for TOTY (knowing I won’t pack any).

• Advertisement

Prime Kaka was about 1.7m on the market before the SBC came out, so I don’t think the SBC is overprIce tbh.

He’s very, very expensive, sure. And I don’t think he’s worth the coinage.

But the market set the price, basically. That’s the value the playerbase have him at, so I feel he’s fairly priced based on that.

Prime Kaka was about 1.7m on the market before the SBC came out, so I don’t think the SBC is overprIce tbh.

But the market set the price, basically. That’s the value the playerbase have him at, so I feel he’s fairly priced based on that.

Prime Kaka is awesome though.
    His card last year was incredible for me, running in from CAM , bullying defenders and scoring lots of goals.
    Is it worth a million? I would say so seeing as Fifa21 is just fifa20 now with the patches.
    Prime Henry got me from div7 to 4 last year but fell away then. Kaka stepped in and carried me up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Screenshot-20210109-154910-Companion.jpg

How is Desailly for you?

I'm thinking about getting rid of IF Joe Gomez. Just picked up Headliners Diego Carlos for 280k to try with Varane instead. But I have seen a lot of people claiming Desailly is the best CB in the game. (Apart from Adama Traore of course lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Having a mare in the WL this weekend. Started 4-0 last night. 7-6 now ffs

Prime Kaka is awesome though.
    His card last year was incredible for me, running in from CAM , bullying defenders and scoring lots of goals.
    Is it worth a million? I would say so seeing as Fifa21 is just fifa20 now with the patches.
    Prime Henry got me from div7 to 4 last year but fell away then. Kaka stepped in and carried me up.

But do you guys not think it’s overpriced to match the market value with the SBC for an untradeable player?? To me they should be giving you a discounted price for spending your fodder/coins in an untradeable player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Don't understand how they determine these stats, Prime Keane has 8 less Defensive Awareness than Base Keane.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    But do you guys not think it’s overpriced to match the market value with the SBC for an untradeable player?? To me they should be giving you a discounted price for spending your fodder/coins in an untradeable player.

My memory of the Icon SBCs were they were usually priced about 10% under the market value. The attraction was the fact you used fodder to bring their prices way, way down, and you could work on them long term.

Using the fodder, which has literally no use other than these sorts of SBCs, means you’re getting the Icon via a far “cheaper” path. I’ve thrown in a few 85-87s that will never get game time, and only exist for these sorts of SBCs. I’d never have paid 400k for him, but I’ll happily use all the fodder (especially since I know I’ll rebuild it quick enough).

The other allure of Icon SBCs was the pack returns, you used to get a 100k pack for submitting any squad over an 86. Kaka's SBC now gives a Rare Electrum for an 87 squad and a Mega Pack for an 88.

Parawind wrote: »
    How is Desailly for you?

I'm thinking about getting rid of IF Joe Gomez. Just picked up Headliners Diego Carlos for 280k to try with Varane instead. But I have seen a lot of people claiming Desailly is the best CB in the game. (Apart from Adama Traore of course lol)

He us a massive upgrade on gomez i can tell you that. Im crap at defending so im not sure im the best to judge but he seems to have everyrhing i need. I play a high line and they both are fine for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I played about 3 hours of squad battles for this crap!

5x85+ pack

0-ADF250-B-8996-403-C-BF83-1-A347040-B5-BC.jpgclick tester

Bit smoother now online.
    Puskas with 20 goals /6 assists from 13 games.
    Absolute goal machine.
    I seriously have to try and get his prime/moments this year. But honestly unless he got a WF update it’s not going to make a difference. His rating is way lower than his stats suggest.
    If anything his baby is a 92 and the mid a 95 with the prime about a 97.

Just noticed that Prime Owen only has 90 Pace, could easily be 95 if not more, was one of the quickest players in the world at his peak.

9-6 so far.
    Only need 3 more wins for the token and doubt I’ll get time to hit 14 since I’ve to work today :(

If I ever find a way to break down Mendy varane gomez walker consistently il go 30-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Im actually on the verge of selling salah or using him for Torres, couldnt get Van Bergen going so i changed my tactics a bit, stuck a deadeye on him and my god, he is just insane, when he cuts in on his left foot, his finesse shots are equally as good as Mo's and the 96 pace just takes him away from anybody

Edit: can anybody tell me if im wrong with this, would i have read that the dutch lads get boost from a game today or am i totally off track

• Advertisement
Advertisement