Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Malen and Klaiber have had their upgrades applied so now 85 and 86 respectively

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Patch inbound soon. Looks like they’ve fixed the ball issue so the ball designs are only seen by the owner and not the opponent. Good news for you, Osmosis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Patch inbound soon. Looks like they’ve fixed the ball issue so the ball designs are only seen by the owner and not the opponent. Good news for you, Osmosis.

Finally, I don't even want to give them credit on it considering it was never an issue in the past and has had constant complaints since pre-release this year :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Finally, I don't even want to give them credit on it considering it was never an issue in the past and has had constant complaints since pre-release this year :pac:

They deserve zero credit, 3 months post launch and they didn't even actually fix it, just worked around it by disabling the novelty functionality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

jayo26 wrote: »
    I never liked robben even when he was elite player on the game that two star weak foot is a big no from me so i wont be doing him too.

I actually love playing against Robben you know exactly how they are going to play and where they are going to run to try get the ball on his left foot.

Guess who i did :p:p gonna try him for the craic i had a team of discards to do him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Guess who i did :p:p gonna try him for the craic i had a team of discards to do him.

I love him!! I have him on free roam now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Got him myself last night and glad I did. Playing him as a striker, 4 goals in two Rivals games already. Seems class.

Also did Dos Santos. Managed to fit him into my team with 8chem. Playing him left midfield in a 352. Seems like a great all-rounder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Have 17 icon tokens, is the 2 icon picks my best options ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'd go base icon player pick (1 of 3) for the 17 tokens. Better to get a decent icon than 2 useless ones.
    I'm sorry I didn't go for it as the majority of them seem to be great.,
    Meanwhile the base/mid packs seem to suck.

His 5* skills and unique dribbling animation is lots of fun.

• Advertisement

I have no idea how robben seems to be built like jaap stam but **** it logic went out the window a while back I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I did the icon pick pack and don't regret it. A good chunk of people are getting amazing icons from it.

I was a little unlucky in the sense that the best one I got didn't fit into my team, but it's gives you by far the best chance of getting a usable icon at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Got kind of bored and decided to mix my team up a bit. Also figured I may as well use some of the Objective Cards I grind for :pac:

Out go Neto, Diego Carlos, Telles, Felipe Anderson, OTW Partey & Rodrigo.
    In come Areola, Kounde, Mendy, Dembele, Mollet & Delort.

Delort I just did because I could, it was that or buy MBappe. Eventually I probably will buy Mbappe but after TOTY when his price drops a little. Have to say though Delort is a beast. Any sniff on his right foot is a goal. Just have to do away with any thought of finesse shots, get him running at goal in the right channel shooting back across the keeper is almost a guaranteed goal, his shot power is absolutely insane. Was worried by the 3* Weak Foot but it's not as big of an issue I thought it would be. Won't be scoring from outside the box on his left, but in the box his shot power is still so high you've a good chance of scoring with his left.

Plays as below in-game but starts in a 4-5-1 to get everybody on 10 Chemistry.

539259.PNG

McTominay vs Milner Showdown SBCs up.

2x83 and an 84 for McT
    2x84 and an 83 for Milner

Weekend League player pick objectives available as well. 10, 16 or 22 wins required for a shot at a FUT champs player

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

McT :D

Though, he already has an IF (RIP those investments). Why not give it to someone who doesnt?

Lord TSC wrote: »

Though, he already has an IF (RIP those investments). Why not give it to someone who doesnt?

Both choices are terrible, at CM Liverpool already have Scream Firmino, Moments Ox, RTTF Wijnaldum, OTW Thiago, Storyline Keita, and IF Henderson. Why not give it to someone like Shaqiri or Minamino on the wing?

Boulders8 wrote: »

2x83 and an 84 for McT

Weekend League player pick objectives available as well. 10, 16 or 22 wins required for a shot at a FUT champs player

Ooooh McT, yes please!!

I almost bought his IF today. I was keeping an eye on it for a few days now.

I actually have his IF as a Red Pick too :(

2x83 and an 84 for McT

Yikes this week's Weekend League will be even more sweaty, this will ensure everyone has something to fight for, right up to their last match.

For me the fact that they are happy to give away extra FUT Champs player picks this weeks confirms 2 things that I was already pretty certain would be the case.

1. This weeks TOTW will be trash.
    2. They are going to release TOTY Nominee upgraded cards on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Have his IF untradeable, I’d like that showdown for my united team (when I get one :D) but can’t see united winning, a draw at best so not really worth it for me person to pay 170k to go from an 82 to an 85 when I’ve feck all coins anyway

• Advertisement

Last year when they introduced these objectives for extra red picks the picks had a minimum rating and were from any TOTW so far, now it's no min rating and from the current TOTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Conceded 18 goals in my last 3 rival matches, in the first I at least scored 4 without reply to draw in the end and in truth maddison missed a sitter in the last minute to win it for me :/

I’m sure though that it’s just that I suddenly and completely forgot how to defend in the game as opposed to ai chicanery.

In other news martial >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rashford (lf) up front for me.i know people think 7 chem doesn’t affect much but it’s night and day for me

Rashford 274 games 175 goals

Martial 335 games 343 goals

My opponent just quit out of a match after going 2-1 up. He paused, quit and I got the loss. No rivals points too.

It's as if I was the one who quit. Great job EA.

When is the latest you can register for WL? I have the points to enter from a while back but mainly not interested in it as too time consuming and stressful but might give it a bash and try for those player picks and also the Swaps token which I wasn’t bothered about.

When is the latest you can register for WL? I have the points to enter from a while back but mainly not interested in it as too time consuming and stressful but might give it a bash and try for those player picks and also the Swaps token which I wasn’t bothered about.

I register usually on Friday morning, so I think its Friday evening.

Jaysus, that Milner SBC is expensive. What is it with EA and expensive Milner SBCs... I recall last year’s scream Milner was deadly overpriced too. Shame I don’t have enough fodder in the club to do him.. my end of year Liverpool team might be missing a few good cards.

Anyone who's done Vidic or played with him, what are your thoughts on him?

This McT card (which is nice, I've played 2 games with him) has me thinking of my P&P Utd team, I have 10 tokens which I was going to get the 2 Ultimate, 5x 85+ and 25x 83+ but now thinking I may go for Vidic...

I think it's about 4am on Saturday morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Mr Moon wrote: »

This McT card (which is nice, I've played 2 games with him) has me thinking of my P&P Utd team, I have 10 tokens which I was going to get the 2 Ultimate, 5x 85+ and 25x 83+ but now thinking I may go for Vidic...

Bear in mind, I’m rubbish..

I love Vidic. He’s a little slow in a footrace but excellent under AI control, great positioning and blocks. Good for corners too, only 7 goals for me but a better player would be really dangerous with him I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Iago wrote: »
    Bear in mind, I’m rubbish..

I love Vidic. He’s a little slow in a footrace but excellent under AI control, great positioning and blocks. Good for corners too, only 7 goals for me but a better player would be really dangerous with him I think.

I came up against him at the weekend and he was blocking everything and intercepting everything.
    I couldn’t get through the guy at all.

I specifically didn't want him and ended up getting him in my one and only base icon SBC. So I have him untradable and I'll use him in friendlies for Objectives.

Hes kind of caught in no mans land for me, just slightly too slow to play in Div Rivals or Weekend League unless you play lower then 5 depth. But then if you play lower depth with him and the opponent presses you in possession his poor passing, lack of composure and poor weak foot can end up costing you.

I'd say the easiest comparison is that he is a slightly worse Van Dijk, Good in the air, good tackler just without the passing/composure. I'd say if you want a United Icon Rio is the way to go, he seems to be much more effective.

I'm actually in a similar boat with Tokens currently have 11 and if I can be bothered to do more squad battles I can get to 15.

So I have 3 choices
    1. The 3 different 85+/83+/2xUltimate packs
    2. The Mid/Prime pack
    3. Keep saving them for next batch of Tokens and aim for something better

Parawind wrote: »

So I have 3 choices
    1. The 3 different 85+/83+/2xUltimate packs
    2. The Mid/Prime pack
    3. Keep saving them for next batch of Tokens and aim for something better

Just on your tokens, I don’t think you can save them for the next batch, they will be useless if you don’t use them in this batch of options. That’s how it worked last year anyway.

I got two sets of the FGS swaps player if anyone wants my duplicate :pac:

Got Roy keane , pires and van nistelroy on my icon pick thing, disastrous enough, who to even pick

Got Roy keane , pires and van nistelroy on my icon pick thing, disastrous enough, who to even pick

Ouch, probably out of 40 I've seen opened on different YouTube videos, that's the worst by a distance. None of them are really usable.

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote: »
    Ouch, probably out of 40 I've seen opened on different YouTube videos, that's the worst by a distance. None of them are really usable.

Picked keane , god ,disheartening enough

Just on your tokens, I don’t think you can save them for the next batch, they will be useless if you don’t use them in this batch of options. That’s how it worked last year anyway.

Thanks for that, I'd have been completely oblivious to that fact and likely just let them expire hoping for something better to come along.

The way they have done this makes so little sense to me though. I didn't do any of the first set of Icon Swap objectives that were in the squad battles. (Because there was nothing appealing to spend them on.) Then they release the 2nd set of Swaps and now even if I pick up all the remaining Swaps I can only end up with a Max of 15. Like why not just leave the objectives up for the whole season.

So now my choice is spend 10 on packs and don't bother with the others Tokens or get the others and take a shot at the Mid/Prime pack (which looking at some of peoples pulls on Youtube, the odds of pulling someone usable are slim).

There seems to be a glitch on the silver beasts objective. Instead of getting a 75+ player for completing each one, they're giving out a rare electrum pack. Fill your boots.

There seems to be a glitch on the silver beasts objective. Instead of getting a 75+ player for completing each one, they're giving out a rare electrum pack. Fill your boots.

Strange, I've got a 75+ player for each part.

Same.

• Advertisement

Not sure why I'm pondering whether or not I'm doing that McT SBC. While I resent the fact they gave it to someone with an IF....it's still an 85 rated United card, with a slim chance of getting a boost to 87. Not a chance McT gets another 87 card this season, so may as well do him for the United Past and Present team.

I got the electrum packs, opened one to make sure it wasn't a 75 player pack in disguise and it wasn't. Who knows, maybe they're just being nice to me.

Not sure why I'm pondering whether or not I'm doing that McT SBC. While I resent the fact they gave it to someone with an IF....it's still an 85 rated United card, with a slim chance of getting a boost to 87. Not a chance McT gets another 87 card this season, so may as well do him for the United Past and Present team.

Do it!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

This is not a good sign as a liverpool fan, i got De Dea the other day from a pack, and just now from the 82-88 upgrade sbc, iv'e got base Bruno Fernandes

Edit: 1st match, 3 goals and an assist

Done! :D

Did five more upgrade packs too.

89 Casemiro
    84 Douglas Costa
    83 Matuidi
    82 Pereira
    86 Pique

Really great return for the fodder I'm putting in there :P

So far, results are...

Ryan Kent rumored to be the Silver Star Objective player this week. I think my PTSD just triggered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

This is not a good sign as a liverpool fan, i got De Dea the other day from a pack, and just now from the 82-88 upgrade sbc, iv'e got base Bruno Fernandes

Edit: 1st match, 3 goals and an assist

Bruno is fantastic his base card still holds its own with a speed boost from chemistry card.

Bruno is fantastic his base card still holds its own with a speed boost from chemistry card.

It has made me change my team, stuck a deadeye on him, he is midfield in place of gini, which means trent and salah are back in, in place of klaiber and van bergen, goals are flowing from everywhere

The 82-88 upgrade is delivering for me today, Fernandes, Sommer, and Donnaruma all out for squads in mid 70's

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wpisdu

Not about FIFA but FIFA related, I upgraded my internet from Virgin to Vodafone FTTH and I'm absolutely delighted. FIFA gameplay during the weekend league improved a LOT, out of 30 games 25 was super smooth, I got only maybe 2-3 "heavy" games where you are stuck in the mud and I was playing on Saturday and Sunday afternoon, where previously with Virgin every second game was a **** show, so if FTTH is an option for you, get it :)

LctwE7X.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement