Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I’ve been playing casually enough, ea, if you want my full attention hook me up with that red Ben yedder and pogba combo tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

The moment you realise that even if you don't get him in red picks, since everyone is opening packs for TOTY on Friday that SIF Ben Yedder price is going to crash hard and everyone will have him. Not to mention those lucky enough to have his 88 rated red card that will be going to 89 if Monaco beat Marseille at the weekend. (At that point he is better then Baby Cruyff)

Brace yourselves. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Just packed neuer

Is he worth dropping Pope and rejigging my team for? Inexpensive div 8 epl outfit :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Cyrus wrote: »
    Just packed neuer

Is he worth dropping Pope and rejigging my team for? Inexpensive div 8 epl outfit :D

I wouldn’t bother really,
    Goalkeepers really aren’t worth changing your team for.

Blazer wrote: »
    I wouldn’t bother really,
    Goalkeepers really aren’t worth changing your team for.

:(

Assumed as much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

84 Tielemans and 84 Ajorque as my red picks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

G2 Red Picks:

81 Andrei Girotto
    81 Oukidja
    82 Criscito
    78 Prevljak

75 Giakoumakis
    83 Stones
    81 Zentner
    84 Ogbonna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

20210121-082948.jpg
    Wont use him but will give him a try to see what the fuss is about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Only got to play ten games, 4-6, is it even worth logging on for lol

84 Ogbonna and 82 Malen.

I assume my luck has to be waiting for the TOTY packs right? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Will finally complete Torres today, Salah up for sale as i have Van Bergen so should get Neuer and Kimmich from his sale to finish him, gone through a lot of good players to get here but i dont mind, its Torres

And on a seperate note, penalties are f'd up again, conceded 4 last night due to players bumping into each other, they release a patch that included pens and managed to make it worse, not that im surprised, they fix nothing

jayo26 wrote: »
    20210121-082948.jpg
    Wont use him but will give him a try to see what the fuss is about.

A mini Eusebio..you’ll love him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Got 84 Koopmeiners & 83 Barella

I assume gold card prices are going to tank tomorrow with the amount of pack openings? Could be a good time to do player SBCs

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Ogbonna and Tielemans. Meh, if it wasn't for the packs and wanting to play some sort of competitive mode, WL could easily be parked for good. Red picks are 99% a waste of time.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Ogbonna and Tielemans. Meh, if it wasn't for the packs and wanting to play some sort of competitive mode, WL could easily be parked for good. Red picks are 99% a waste of time.

Hey I got the same at least they are usable fodder I guess.

Iv done every week to gold 3 bar one week ingot gold 2 and got zaha which is the only good card iv gotten from it (plus that was a week with pogba and someone else so zaha was mid table anyway)

Has anyone noticed the lack of clothing on some of the staff/coppers since the latest update?? :D
    F0918-DFE-DD46-4-A28-8-B01-BDF983-FA5527.jpg

E7-C34-D1-A-3-AAF-48-FA-A72-A-14-F79301-C302.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

x PyRo wrote: »

Got the same.

Threw them into the 86+ champs upgrade and out came Muller, Mahrez and Digne. Took Mahrez, might bring him off the bench.

Red picks have been very poor this year, haven't got anything usable for my starting line up.

Torres sbc completed, lets get to work, haha

Jeez its bloody drop back overload today, 3 games 3 quits, they have everybody back, everybody, so i pass to create gaps, score and theyr'e gone followed by a message that players like me are ruining the game by passing the ball around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

81 Andrei Girotto this is the best red pick I've gotten in 3 WL's.

Can't wait to get my last 3 wins for icon swaps and then forget about it forever :)

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed the lack of clothing on some of the staff/coppers since the latest update?? :D
    F0918-DFE-DD46-4-A28-8-B01-BDF983-FA5527.jpg

Good job its not CD Project otherwise you’d probably see a row of dicks hanging out.

Im in div.5, not near ye lads level but i just played a match where my opponent had, Van der sar, Petit, Cannavaro, Klosterman, Sinkgraven, Baggio, Rijkaard, Depay, Ronaldo, Robben and Felix

I won 6-1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

its the low rated gold teams with the likes of sissoko and troare you have to watch out for, and if they have gold ben yedder just quit there really is no point

Jeez its bloody drop back overload today, 3 games 3 quits, they have everybody back, everybody, so i pass to create gaps, score and theyr'e gone followed by a message that players like me are ruining the game by passing the ball around

i dont think ive ever been messaged, or if i have i havent seen it, probably just as well :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So this guys is literally just in the TOTW to make you think you packed Ben Yedder, right? He didn't even have some sort of standout performance, only scored 1 goal at the weekend

IwTjSri.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

He was one of my options actually - had a look at him, 6 foot 7 :pac:

Bring him on for some old fashioned long balls

Hahaha, this is a joke!! That's how the game should be played, not playing 6-0-4 counter attacking football.

Blazer wrote: »
    A mini Eusebio..you’ll love him.

3 sub appearances in last 30 minutes when games were level and got me 5 goal. Donno what it is but his dribling and shooting is insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

An 84 Dutch cm and malen were my 2 red picks, I did get that 84 French striker as an option with malen but took malen as I might use him in an eredivise team whereas I’d never ever use that slow French striker

3 sub appearances in last 30 minutes when games were level and got me 5 goal. Donno what it is but his dribling and shooting is insane.

It’s his body type as well as 5* weak foot.
    You should have see him last year; even Ben Yedder himself tweeted out on his IF card I think it was saying a lot of broken controllers this week.
    He really was the meta last year.

Hahaha, this is a joke!! That's how the game should be played, not playing 6-0-4 counter attacking football.

Thats all iv'e met today, the game is bad enough then have to face this rubbish, was looking forward to playing with Torres but thats gone now, ball takes one of those stupid ricochets off a player straight to his when im on the attack and im done with a long ball to Robben, Ben Yedder or Mbappe

84+ Rare Player Pick and Ligue 1 87 Rated Yazici SBCs added.

That's going to rinse a lot of fodder.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Saving the 84+ player pick till tomorrow with TOTY.

Everyone in rivals I'm playing has Red Yedder!!

• Advertisement

Everyone in rivals I'm playing has Red Yedder!!

:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Great message ahead of TOTY

4 Rivals games in a row matching players 300+ SR above me (all 4 >2300 SR). Not fun.

dmigsy wrote: »
    4 Rivals games in a row matching players 300+ SR above me (all 4 >2300 SR). Not fun.

I donno why people dislike this im really enjoying testing myself against higher rated human players. Its only rivals and its a barometer on how you play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I donno why people dislike this im really enjoying testing myself against higher rated human players. Its only rivals and its a barometer on how you play.

Most people just want to play for the craic, not to test themselves

• Advertisement

Ah you need a mix of challenging games and more even matches. Constantly matching much better players just feels like being an Ireland supporter - a bit of hope that gets drained away through constant defending and feck all attacking!

Any chance of a one line summary?

Ah you need a mix of challenging games and more even matches. Constantly matching much better players just feels like being an Ireland supporter - a bit of hope that gets drained away through constant defending and feck all attacking!

Fair point.

Liamalone wrote: »

No

Don't bother buying Fifa points because you're not gonna PACK a TOTY card.

Hard to argue.

Don't bother buying Fifa points because you're not gonna PACK a TOTY card.

Hard to argue.

Thankyou for that. Can't argue indeed, still going to blow my pocket money on them though lol.

Everyone should watch this if they're prone to loading a few fifa points here and there, although he missed something, he said there are 100 icons but there are 303 icon cards in the game and how many has anyone here packed this year? There are only 12 TOTY players!! The odds of packing one are so so slim.

For anyone saving packs like myself, what are your expectations for them? I'm realistic about it, yeah there's a chance, as slim as it may that I'll pack one but that's why I've saved them. What I really want to do is craft that POTM Bruno and add him to my squad. Anything better than that is a huge win!!

Don't make bad decisions when drunk in the middle of the morning :p

I opened packs as I got them because I'd rather be disappointed now than have a build up for disappointment later

Everyone should watch this if they're prone to loading a few fifa points here and there, although he missed something, he said there are 100 icons but there are 303 icon cards in the game and how many has anyone here packed this year? There are only 12 TOTY players!! The odds of packing one are so so slim.

For anyone saving packs like myself, what are your expectations for them? I'm realistic about it, yeah there's a chance, as slim as it may that I'll pack one but that's why I've saved them. What I really want to do is craft that POTM Bruno and add him to my squad. Anything better than that is a huge win!!

Pretty much the same as you. Looking to craft one or two SBC and anything after that is a bonus.

Got Carlos, Torres and Okocha on loan and played a few games in Rivals with them.

Carlos doesn't seem anything special, solid but unspectacular. Definitely overpriced for me.
    Torres is very decent but seems a little clunky - I didn't have a hunter on him though.
    Okocha was the pick of the three. I don't use skills a lot but it doesn't seem necessary with hin. He feels quick and his dribbling is very smooth, anyone I played had their hands full with him. The only issue is his stamina isn't great but you'd overlook it. Definitely a card I'll consider getting.

Roy Keane is a solid card too BTW. If he was a little faster he'd be worth a lot more but he's more than usable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement