Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extension

Options
  • 21-09-2020 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Looking for some guidance / advice and rough costs if anyone can help.

Myself and Mrs. Sock have been approved for a 25k grant to help build a ground floor extension for our child by the local CC.

What we'd like to have built is a bedroom to the side of the house with a shower room at the back of this. The overall size including the shower room would be in or around 26sqm. We'd like to keep the bedroom as big as possible so we can install some sensory kit etc for future use.

It requires one window at the front and a door opening would have to be knocked from the existing hallway in house to the bedroom. Regarding plumbing the shower room would be situated at the back of the house / extension where the waste water pipe is located if that helps.

I think it's important to note that there are no physical disabilities involved so no real need for any special alterations etc.

Basically we want an open plan room as big as possible with a shower room attached.

Access is good etc and many neighbours have side extensions built already.

PP is required.

I'm budgeting 50k all in. Do I need to try and increase my budget or lower the size of the extension?

I have builders lined up for next but I'd like to get some comments etc and see if there is anything specific based on others experience I should be asking?

Many thanks,

Advertisement