If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Value 40" TV

Options
  • 21-09-2020 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have a 900mm alcove width to work with and looking to go as large as possible which I believe works out at 40 inch depending on make/model.

I like the Samsung TU8000 & TU8500 series specs wise but at 43" and 960mm width it's just too big.

I see the Panasonic TX40HX800B on your website coming in at 901mm which would work (at a slight angle which is fine) but looking for something a bit more budget friendly if you could recommend anything please?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Mac-Chops wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have a 900mm alcove width to work with and looking to go as large as possible which I believe works out at 40 inch depending on make/model.

I like the Samsung TU8000 & TU8500 series specs wise but at 43" and 960mm width it's just too big.

I see the Panasonic TX40HX800B on your website coming in at 901mm which would work (at a slight angle which is fine) but looking for something a bit more budget friendly if you could recommend anything please?
    Hi Mac-Chops,

Unfortunately that Panasonic model is the only 40" that I would have at the moment!

I had a look at the QE43Q60T which is a great TV as well for a bit less but it's still 964mm wide so wouldn't fit!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Mac-Chops

Hi there,

Hi Mac-Chops,

Unfortunately that Panasonic model is the only 40" that I would have at the moment!

I had a look at the QE43Q60T which is a great TV as well for a bit less but it's still 964mm wide so wouldn't fit!

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David,

I'll have a think about that then. 
    While the TV would be sitting out from the alcove on a wall bracket, it would be better to tuck it in flush out of the way when not being used rather than having to push it back in at a big angle.

Cheers,
    MC

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi there,

Hi Mac-Chops,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David,

I'll have a think about that then. 
    While the TV would be sitting out from the alcove on a wall bracket, it would be better to tuck it in flush out of the way when not being used rather than having to push it back in at a big angle.

Cheers,
    MC
    Hi MC,

No problem, I think the 43" panels would just be a bit too big to tuck them into the alcove unfortunately!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.