Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game News 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But will it be a point and click adventure game?

Maybe they can go the Last Crusade route and release "The Action Game" and "The Graphic Adventure"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,811 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

gizmo wrote: »
    Lucasfilm have properties other than Star Wars after all...

https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/1349023307228704770

Hey Uncharted 3, let me copy your homework...

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I just wish Bethesda/Xbox would come out and say if their games will be exclusive or not. An Indiana Jones game could be fun if it doesn't go tomb raider or Uncharted route.
    Why on earth wouldn't they be?

Why on earth wouldn't they be?

Because money?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Because money?

Then why aren't some of the Sony bought studios releasing games on Xbox? Think Insomniac were bought out by Sony weren't they? Surely if money was the reason then their games would be on Xbox?

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Then why aren't some of the Sony bought studios releasing games on Xbox? Think Insomniac were bought out by Sony weren't they? Surely if money was the reason then their games would be on Xbox?

Sony bought insomniac for 230 mil. Xbox spent 7.5 bil, they're gonna need to make some of that back. Obviously no surprise if they keep all their games exclusive to xbox in hopes people switch consoles but wouldn't be shocked if they release the games on all platforms to make money off everyone.

Sony bought insomniac for 230 mil. Xbox spent 7.5 bil, they're gonna need to make some of that back. Obviously no surprise if they keep all their games exclusive to xbox in hopes people switch consoles but wouldn't be shocked if they release the games on all platforms to make money off everyone.
    Well, not far off really because they do plan on bringing their games to multiple platforms but through Game Pass streaming. That's where the money is and it offers it to new audiences while still keeping their games in the xbox ecosystem.

LStreaming (xCloud) is even coming to the PC in the spring. This is huge, all those people with aging gaming PC's or non gaming laptops and workstations will be able to jump on board.

I am seriously considering (pretty much decided actually) not to bother upgrading my PC. With the state of the GPU market and the cost to upgrade to even a Series X/PS5 equivalent spec is ridiculous. Streaming services are looking a lot more attractive

I would absolutely love it gamepass could stream direct from app to your tv, I'd throwing my money at xbox for a gamepass ultimate pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Its the same principle though if you follow your way of thinking.

To Microsoft it makes no difference. They have mental cash reserves so what they paid for Bethesda is a tiny drop in the pond. What it does add though is value to the brand and that's always good for investors.

I doubt the driving force of acquiring Bethesda was to get people to switch to Xbox. They've already shown that they don't see consoles as the way forward. What Microsoft is moving towards is having their platform available on as many devices as possible in the future. For them I'd bet the plan is to have more people signing up to Game Pass than buying their consoles in the future. A steady stream of cash will always be more lucrative.

In the short term Bethesda games will be Xbox and PC though.

I would absolutely love it gamepass could stream direct from app to your tv, I'd throwing my money at xbox for a gamepass ultimate pass!

Its coming, according to Phil Spencer in an interview with the Verge. He said this year, but I'd say that was slightly hyping it.

I wonder what sort of TVs will be capable. I'd imagine there is some sort of minimum spec to be able to stream smoothly. TVs have ****e wifi and 100mb ethernet cards.

But why wait? You can do it now with the new chromecast with Android TV and I think the nvidia shield as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Get a Series S with Game Pass Ultimate homie. With that and your PS5, you can have the best of both worlds :)

That new chromecast sounds good all right, will have to look into that more. Would save me buying a series s which i was gonna do in a year or so anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

That new chromecast sounds good all right, will have to look into that more. Would save me buying a series s which i was gonna do in a year or so anyway.

You could start by trying out stadia. Destiny is free to play on that so nothing lost if it doesn't work out. I got the stadia bundle with cyberpunk recently and have been very very surprised with it, granted I'm lucky enough to have fibre, but at times I have forgotten I'm streaming the game rather than off a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade was one of the first games I ever played. Still adore it.

That said, the section in the catacombs where you have to play a tune on the skeleton instrument still haunts my dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Apparently Todd has been wanting to make this game for a decade - he's a huge Indy fan.

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1325559875296845824?s=20

Naturally people have been examining the shit out of the teaser. The plane ticket for Rome is dated Oct 21, 1937, so it's likely set between TOD and LC, and more importantly, pre-Mutt. The Vatican is also mentioned, so I guess religious artefacts are the target of this expedition. Maybe he'll be fighting some black shirts en route.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,282 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

But then again who isn't a huge indy fan other than kingdom hearts and legend of dragoon fans with no taste?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

ERG89 wrote: »
    Thus, one assumes, signalling an end to the exclusive deal between EA and Disney for the Star Wars IP.

I'd wager there's some sighs of relief in certain corridors of EA.

Having just finished The Clone Wars show though, I can't think of a better way to bring back some of the fun from Bad Company than with the Bad Batch. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,606 ✭✭✭✭Penn

ERG89 wrote: »

As much as the idea of an open world Star Wars game appeals to me.... It's a Ubisoft....

My interest will likely remain tepid until at least the release date.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,282 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You must find the ancient jedi towers to unlock the locations of the ancient jedi trials.

Which take the form of enemy outposts, flag collecting tests and eavesdropping missions.

11 million copies sold.

And I didn't even need 4 years in college learning game design.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Far Cry 2 had the makings of a good Ubisoft sandbox game; the rest are just muck. Laziest game studio going ATM.

I'm lazy though, what have Massive Entertainment made in the past, maybe there's a possibility of something a little more interesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

pixelburp wrote: »
    Far Cry 2 had the makings of a good Ubisoft sandbox game; the rest are just muck. Laziest game studio going ATM.

I'm lazy though, what have Massive Entertainment made in the past, maybe there's a possibility of something a little more interesting?

The Division games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

They're also working on Avatar which could be a reasonable indication as to what the team can do outside of the Division IP and what they could do with Star Wars and the tech they have.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You must find the ancient jedi towers to unlock the locations of the ancient jedi trials.

Which take the form of enemy outposts, flag collecting tests and eavesdropping missions.

11 million copies sold.

"We have a great story planned over three games!"

*first game is popular*

"We have some semblance of a story planned over 12 games, 34 DLCs, 4 mobile games, 3 comic books, 7 tie-in novels, a cgi film you have to collect Monster Energy vouchers to watch, and somehow Rita Ora will be in one of the games or something I don't know we're just making this up to stretch the bollox out of it. Or you can buy a time-saver microtransaction to skip the Rita Ora part which we'd highly recommend because seriously, did you see her in the iPhone ad?"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The Division games.

Ergh. Right. I mean, there's always hope right? But then like the Transformers movies Ubisoft makes money on constant sandbox copy & pastes, so what do I know?

On the face of it, an open-world Star Wars would be an amazing idea; if not Ubisoft I wouldn't know who I'd want working on it though. Nintendo I guess, given BotW is the bar with Open World games for me ATM...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,630 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

11 million copies sold.

Sounds like Assassins Greed

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

The Division games.

They also did World In Conflict a real time tactics game that was very well regarded.

Immortals apparently is a fine game which borrows massively from Breath of the Wild. Hoping it's an indication that Ubisoft are willing to make games that borrow more from BOTW.

Immortals apparently is a fine game which borrows massively from Breath of the Wild. Hoping it's an indication that Ubisoft are willing to make games that borrow more from BOTW.

I did really enjoy it for the most part, but it hampered itself in the final stages which completely killed my enthusiasm. The different types of upgrade materials required for different things etc really started to grate by the end too, and I definitely see same happening in an openworld Star Wars game from Ubisoft. I can definitely see this being more like the recent AC games than Immortals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement