Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game News 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Booooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Have Paradise installed and been hopping off it now and then lately. Baffles me that there hasn't been any decent arcade racers lately that don't lean into real supercars. Aside from them most likely having the least modifications, no doubt these games will disappear once licencing lapses, just like The Crew and nearly all Forza games. Paradise still has all cars and is still available to play.

+100 for NGSU1/2 remakes, along with a Burnout 3 remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

First 10 minutes on some Overwatch clone. That doesn't bode well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,871 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I really think they've missed a trick canning the TLOU MP spin-off. There's surely room for a more grounded (relatively speaking) PvP game in amongst all the sci-fi/hero shooters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Until Dawn. Save tonight always reminds me of Eagle-Eye Cherry. Any of you remember him?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,781 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Completely forgot about this, just missed the silent Hill 2 trailer, any good?

It'd be great but TLOU doesn't lend itself to selling cosmetics for battle passes and that's the raison d'etre for online shooters now. Tattered flannel jacket (red) or tattered flannel jacket (green) won't open people's wallets.

While Overwatch can put Mercy and Widowmaker in bikinis and watch the money pile up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Astroooooooo

Looks amazing.

September 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,781 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Was that the PS5 prooooooo???

• Advertisement

That's it? What a load of wánk.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Astro Bot saves all, even a boring Sony ad reel.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,558 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In fairness, short bursts of gameplay of a game like that rarely look that great. Playing it might be completely different.

The story cinematic was far too long though.

You'd think they'd have known that before they spent so much time working on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Multiplayer only games, PC Ports, remakes, Soulslikes and what's with so many games set in old Chinese/Japanese eras?

And even as a Nintendo fan I have to say that Infinity Nikki game looks like it belongs on Switch. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think the target audience is on PS5.

Think Astro Bot is the only one that I'm interested in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You got to hand it to Bloober Team - somehow making a remake of a 23-year-old game and making it look so much worse than the original.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not the worst state of play.

Everything up to and including dynasty warriors: yawn

Infinity Nikki might be one to watch. It looked interesting at least and had a very vibrant world and look. It is an open world game. What's worth noting here is that the development is being led by kentaro tominaga, a Nintendo veteran who served as planner (basically the creative lead) on some of the best Zelda games including link between worlds and breath of the wild as well as skyward sword and twilight princess.

Ballad of Antara looks like sad dad souls. Hard to tell with this one. The art is incredible and very much influenced by From and the combat doesn't look half bad. Could be another stellar blade surprise

There was another souls like that almost looked like a carbon copy of this with the same sekiro rip off setting.

Psvr2 stuff, yawn.

Marvel yawn

Until Dawn. Another unneeded remake. The original game looks fine. I also think that the original game is really fun despite itself because it's actually kind of rubbish. The story takes itself way too seriously even though it's really bad but the b movie charm saves it. Felt like a bit of a fluke. It's also kind of a game you have no reason to return to once you've rinsed it so won't hold up to a replay.

Silent Hill 2 has some authentic dodgy acting which I kind of liked and then ruins it all by looking like it has resident evil 4 combat and has James firing guns like he is a marines veteran. I feel bloober team have fucked this one up.

Monster Hunter is a big one. It's finally hit big in the West but it coming after the release of the PS5 pro will mean Sony could finally start shipping decent numbers in Japan.

Astrobot looks like it it's aping the recent Mario games and Kirby the forgotten land. There's even a Kirby homage in the trailer. And I mean that in the best possible way because it looks fantastic. Was really hoping to see PS5 and PC when the trailer ended but alas. Hopefully in a year or two.

No legend of dragoon is a win

I have Until Dawn but still have to play, so only partially watched the trailer. But the it seems the characters look worse now? Did they model them instead of using real people this time?

LOL was actually thinking to myself as the Infinity Nikki trailer played that I've never seen a more Retr0gamer coded game and you haven't let me down 😅

Guilty as charged. I just thought it looked like something different. I mean I couldnt tell you what the game was about but could be fun and it has ex Nintendo people behind it. Also looks like it has camera gameplay mechanics, I don't make the unbreakable rules of videogames but no. 135 is that a game with camera mechanics is never bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Room for a surprise PS5 Pro drop the same day as Astro. Gimme gimme gimme! An alright show, most I won't be interested in. But at least we have Astro, and it looks the dogs danglies!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Calling Behemoth/Alien Incursion yawn is a mistake.

Astro Bot will be amazing.

Pretty average showcase overall but at least a path towards the big showcase in September with GoT 2, Venom, Wolverine, Naughty Dog Teaser, Cory Balrogs next game Teaser.

Yeah, there'll be an actual showcase later in the year and I think Sony will also have some stuff at SGF.

Astro will be great fun, I have no doubt. Also liked how MHW is shaping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

That PSVR2 Alien game could be good. Perfect setting for VR

I assume the Alien and Behemoth PSVR2 games will be on PCVR and/or Quest as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭recyclops

Considering the demo is easily the best thing to play on the ps5 I am very excited bout a full length Astrobot game. Eventually get a release data for Silent Hill 2 but its looking less and less exciting the more I see which is a shame.

Infinty Nikki looks interesting but its strange to see the top two things that are exciting in a Sony video to be so heavily influenced by that gaming company for children (Even the jazzy music ) .

It's what the PS5 needs. It's all laser focused on gamers when it badly needs to appeal to a wider audience like previous playstations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Looks like Toys for Bobs next game will be an Xbox exclusive, announced the day after they officially became a studio independent of Microsoft…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Given the current state of affairs this is the gaming equivalent of suicide by cop.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine they know that but it's a wage for the next, what, two years? That's important to people too.

Advertisement