Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game News 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

And boom!.... it's Kevin Hart.

They should do an adaptation of Shadow of the Colossus where, much like The Nutty Professor, Kevin Hart plays every part - Including the 16 Colossi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Markitron wrote: »
    They should do an adaptation of Shadow of the Colossus where, much like The Nutty Professor, Kevin Hart plays every part - Including the 16 Colossi.

Or remake Nutty Professor. Only instead of getting small and slim he turns into LeBron James.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

And boom!.... it's Kevin Hart.

Well, that image has certainly ruined my dreams :pac:

Back to the drawing board for me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

All this talk of Hart reminds that the best video game movie in recent years was the Jumanji sequel(s) he starred in. Not an explicit game adaptation but played with the conventions of the genre to its benefit. Fun films, both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Glico Man wrote: »
    Well, that image has certainly ruined my dreams :pac:

Back to the drawing board for me!

I'm already putting the cast together. Jimmy Fallon will be voicing Diana.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The lead designer and concept artist of Horizon: Zero Dawn, Mike Nash, passed away recently...

https://twitter.com/gavriilklimov/status/1352324734021603328

Loved HZD, one of my favourite games and the amazing mech designs are large part of the reason why.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,281 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Only 36...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

One of the lead actors for Resident Evil: Village also passed away; Jeanette Maus lost her battle against colon cancer at only 39. Both shockingly young.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,811 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rumour mill but heard recently from a different source that Don't Nod are focusing on their new IP's and that a new Life is Strange will be announced soon. I absolutely loved Before The Storm so would be happy if this was true.

https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/status/1354856018472263680?s=19

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Rumour mill but heard recently from a different source that Don't Nod are focusing on their new IP's and that a new Life is Strange will be announced soon. I absolutely loved Before The Storm so would be happy if this was true.

They're also yet another studio to do a financing deal with TenCent; it's not majority control ala Keli but it continues to astound the reach this company is aiming for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’ve always been concerned Dontnod are likely to go to the way of Telltale. None of their recent games have had the same impact as the first Life Is Strange, and Twin Mirror was crucified in reviews. I personally think the limits of their style of storytelling became apparent pretty quickly. I hope they don’t sink, of course, and would love to see them put out another big hit. But it’s a shame they seem to be tossing out lots of half-baked releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They'll fall back to Max and Chloe and they should, it was their major hit.

Max has become an evil Timelord and Chloe must kill her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Vampyre from Dontnod was one of the most disappointing games I've attempted. Was hoping for something really interesting but gave up after about 5 hours. I found it completely unenjoyable. I have Life is Strange 2 waiting to play but I'm finding it hard to work up the enthusiasm for it.

Streamer puts the entire population of Sapienza in Hitman into a freezer. He's Irish from the sounds of him. Anyone from on here?

https://www.polygon.com/2021/1/27/22252650/hitman-3-daniel-rtgamecrowd-stream-freezer-sapienza-challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I’ve always been concerned Dontnod are likely to go to the way of Telltale. None of their recent games have had the same impact as the first Life Is Strange, and Twin Mirror was crucified in reviews. I personally think the limits of their style of storytelling became apparent pretty quickly. I hope they don’t sink, of course, and would love to see them put out another big hit. But it’s a shame they seem to be tossing out lots of half-baked releases.
    I've only played the first LiS and while Before The Storm seems to have went down well, from a cursory look it seems the writers for the subsequent games at the main studio are different? Seems like an odd move since those types of games live and die by the writing and not the mechanics or other technical aspects.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,281 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They probably left for greener pastures.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

gizmo wrote: »
    I've only played the first LiS and while Before The Storm seems to have went down well, from a cursory look it seems the writers for the subsequent games at the main studio are different? Seems like an odd move since those types of games live and die by the writing and not the mechanics or other technical aspects.

Just reading about it today, and apparently the lead LiS creatives split off to form their own sub-studio in Montreal (still Dontnod). They’re working on a new IP It seems.

Someone on reddit followed a lot of Deck Nine posts and videos and found post it notes referencing episodes and concept art that looks like Life is Strange. They think the next game will be announced soon and contain characters introduced in Before the Storm.

Life is Strange 2 started off good, 2nd ep was too long but had some good bits, 3rd episode put me off the game for months but why back and slogged through it, awful episode but then 4 and 5 were prime life is Strange, worth getting through for that.

I loved Vampyr, very clever use of NPC's.

EA's new studio Full Circle set up to develop the next Skate game with the 2 previous leads of the series returning for it. Sounds like it's a while out yet where as they are still hiring devs.

https://twitter.com/SkateEA/status/1354459322655322115?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

My question is; does it work with two analog sticks?

My question is; does it work with two analog sticks?

Why would you want it to? That would break the game, like being able to aim and shoot in RE4.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,621 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Markitron wrote: »
    Why would you want it to? That would break the game, like being able to aim and shoot in RE4.

Surely it would be preferable to use two analog sticks rather than one and the face buttons in place of the C buttons.

Even just mapping the C buttons to the second stick would make controling the game more comfortable.

Surely it would be preferable to use two analog sticks rather than one and the face buttons in place of the C buttons.

Even just mapping the C buttons to the second stick would make controling the game more comfortable.

I just think it would make the game too easy, saying that I have no easy solution to how to replace the c buttons. Maybe you would have to disable auto aim but at that point it wouldn't be the same.

If I could map the controls I would have the left analogue stick for movement and shooting, the 4 face buttons as the c-buttons, the shoulder buttons for A/B and the triggers as fire.

The original had dual analogue. You just needed two controllers to do it. Anyway the game has mountains of auto aim and would be a different game without it.

Perfect Dark on XBLA showed how dual analogue would work in these games and it didn't change the mechanics.

It also revealed that these games haven't aged well at all and are kind of ****e but hey ho, that's a different discussion.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

EU have announced that they'll rule on the Bethesda takeover by the 5th of March. I don't think that it'll cause too many problems, so it should sail through. You never know with the EU though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The original had dual analogue. You just needed two controllers to do it. Anyway the game has mountains of auto aim and would be a different game without it.

Perfect Dark on XBLA showed how dual analogue would work in these games and it didn't change the mechanics.

It also revealed that these games haven't aged well at all and are kind of ****e but hey ho, that's a different discussion.

Yes, the two controllers was mental, and didn't really work as you couldn't reach any of the face or shoulder buttons, but it was fun.

They really haven't aged well at all, but there's no denying the impact that Goldeneye had on gaming (well, console gaming anyway).

I do think goldeneye did a lot for the FPS genre. The focus on more realistic weaponry as opposed to the arms race of silliness that was before it. It wasn't the first game with a sniper rifle but it was the one that made the most impact. The aim did sort of replicate iron sight aiming. And even the mission structure was borrowed from PC sim games but you would see it transplanted then into games like Thief, Deus Ex etc..... before sadly being retired in favour of a single corridor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement

Next week:

Netflix is proud to announce a new series featuring everyone’s favourite video game time-traveller, Blinx! 15 episode CG animated series coming soon.

Advertisement