Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game News 2.0

Options
1268269270271272274»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Interesting times ahead. MS not exactly known for making good studio decisions lately… But at least it means they probably can't just shut the studio down on a whim now, so good for the employees!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

hopefully this is very rapidly replicated across the industry, the faster the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

In a surprise, SNK VS Capcom has been released on Steam with Switch and PS4 versions being released on Monday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nice. Im guessing it's to tie in with SNK characters coming to sf6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm not a fighting game player but I'm surprised Tatsunoko Vs Capcom is still exclusive to Wii. Maybe with the above announcement and the MvC games announcement, this could be the next one? I'm sure licensing is a big issue though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

This feels like a corrupted wish for all of us clamouring for Capcom vs SNK revival. Low-key fond of SNK's version of the crossover, but really isn't a patch on what Capcom did with their two crossovers.

I'd really love if Capcom got back into the crossover business. They seem to have gotten cold feet since SF X Tekken flopped and MvC4 underperformed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I know the western release of that had to have characters changed due to licensing so I'd say it's still an issue. The arcade hardware was based on the Wii which explains why it was on that platform but it's also an incredible fighting game that deserves a bigger audience.

Teh creators of chibi robo have a Kickstarter for a spiritual successor, koRobo:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tinywonderstudio/korobo

If you don't remember chibi robo I don't blame you. It was a very late GameCube game and I remember a lot of people even having trouble getting a copy in bricks and mortar stores at the time. It was a bit like toy story with you playing as the cute chibi robo and helping various toys around the house while also helping the family in the house get through a difficult time in their marriage and try and help them avoid divorce.

There were sequels that never came out here and a few spin offs on DS and 3DS that I figure did badly. The original was a very interesting game and lot of fun although it probably needed a few more weeks to sand down the rough edges.

Advertisement