Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game News 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

CatInABox wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1368853507047063554

Zenimax acquisition approved, should be properly announced soon. MS have a gaming event later this month as well, should learn a lot more then.

Nice one hopefully give them a kick up the arse in development speed now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Dave1711 wrote: »
    Nice one hopefully give them a kick up the arse in development speed now :p

Some of them do, some dont. Arkane and ID seem to crank out good games so not much changes needed there. There needs to be someone put at the top of Bethesda, solely to tell Todd to not rerelease Skyrim again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rockstar's CEO, Strauss Zelnick (you won't convince me that isn't a supervillain's name) says the public is ready for a price increase on games...

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/rockstar-owner-argues-players-are-ready-for-70-games/

Even if an increase is warranted, I have to laugh at how it's put across.

"You are ready to pay more now."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

J. Marston wrote: »
    Rockstar's CEO, Strauss Zelnick (you won't convince me that isn't a supervillain's name) says the public is ready for a price increase on games...

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/rockstar-owner-argues-players-are-ready-for-70-games/

Even if an increase is warranted, I have to laugh at how it's put across.

Prices have already increased due to micro transactions and season passes, they can take the extra 10 quid charge and shove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,811 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rust coming to consoles in spring. Heard a lot about this, is it basically like a PUBG free for all?

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Rust coming to consoles in spring. Heard a lot about this, is it basically like a PUBG free for all?

No its a survival game at its core with a big focus on PVP, so quite a lot of resource grinding to build bases and eventually work up to building guns and going out fighting.

Notoriously toxic community on pc everyone just kills on site and raids each other but honestly its part of the fun, had many great times on it building up bases with people and having huge wars over the server, most servers reset on a monthly basis to start the grind again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,630 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Next assassin creed prob in Japan . Basically ghost of Tsushima

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Supposedly the next one is headed back to France during the 100 year war was a substantial leak just yesterday on it https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/lzcett/reliable_assassins_creed_leaker_j0nathan_confirms/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

J. Marston wrote: »

I haven't been ready to pay a single cent to Rockstar since they implemented RSC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Royal Shakespeare Company?

• Advertisement

I haven't been ready to pay a single cent to Rockstar since they implemented RSC.

You mean you don't like having 25 different companies launchers on your computer:eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Has that series pulled away from all that Templar, modern-day gubbins that fouls up each game? The last time I had a look, it seemed like a story that might rival Kingdom Hearts for narrative diarrhoea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

pixelburp wrote: »
    Has that series pulled away from all that Templar, modern-day gubbins that fouls up each game? The last time I had a look, it seemed like a story that might rival Kingdom Hearts for narrative diarrhoea.

Yes and no. These sections only really take up a tiny fraction of the recent games, but they are still used to bookend the story and contextualise each one in the larger narrative.

And lets not go throwing around around Kingdom Hearts comparisons willy nilly, AC might be convoluted but it doesn't come close to the utter horse **** bat**** nonsense that series is known for.

There better be a complete overhaul of the franchise or i will not be touching it with a ten foot barge pole. Assassins Creed : The Bore-a-thon.

That last one became such a grind, the rpg element is an improvement but some of the scaling up of enemies simply failed. I started a mission and basically I could kill all enemies with a punch. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Assassins Creed Odyssey was the first one I'd played in ages, and I really loved it and ended up platinuming it. So I was on board for Valhalla.

Then I realised I just couldn't bring myself to go through it again. Start the grind all over again, open world map re-filled with busywork. I know it had some changes from Odyssey, but not enough. Ended up going with Immortal Fenyx Rising instead, which even though it's grindy open-world collectathon etc, at least felt different through its gameplay, combat and style.

Microsoft confirm that 'some' future Bethesda games will be console exclusive. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Phil Spencer confirms some Bethesda games will be exclusive to XB and PC.
    With the addition of the Bethesda creative teams, gamers should know that Xbox consoles, PC, and Game Pass will be the best place to experience new Bethesda games, including some new titles in the future that will be exclusive to Xbox and PC players.

Edit: **** you Zero-Cool :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,910 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Hopefully new Fallout, Dishonored, Doom games to be Xbox and PC exclusives. I can happily live with that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You’d struggle to find a more loaded use of a common, innocuous word than the use of ‘some’ in this context.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You’d struggle to find a more loaded use of a common, innocuous word than the use of ‘some’ in this context.

Bethesda exclusives will be Capcom exclusives.

Elder Scrolls 7 now a XBox exclusive

Shareholders: We can make 'some' money if we release on Playsation.

Elder Scrolls 7: Special championship horse armour edition coming to Playstation 12 months later!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Microsoft: We want all your games first, and then when all the bugs are fixed, you can release them on Playstation

Bethesda: But sir, our games are never fixed...

Microsoft: MWUAHAHAHA

GTA Online updates for ps plus members:

Changes to your GTA$ Benefit
    The way you receive your monthly GTA$1,000,000 Playstation®Plus benefit will soon change.

From 1 April 2021 forward you will need to claim your monthly GTA$1,000,000 benefit from the Playstation™Store. At the start of each month a new GTA$1,000,000 product will be available on the PS Store, like other similar PS Plus pack benefits. You must be a Playstation®Plus subscriber to claim this product each month and the GTA$ will be deposited into your in-game account upon store redemption.

The month of March 2021 will be the last month in which your monthly GTA$ benefit will be automatically deposited into your in-game account within 72 hours of your first play session. As of 1 April 2021, these automatic GTA$ in-game deposits will be discontinued.

The amount of the GTA$ benefit is not changing. The offer is still limited to GTA$1,000,000 per person per month and this offer will still end when Grand Theft Auto V launches on Playstation®5 in the second half of 2021. A specific release date of GTAV on PS5™ has not yet been announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Microsoft confirm that 'some' future Bethesda games will be console exclusive. Interesting.

I would say "some" is an acronym of "Sony Out:Microsoft Exclusives" there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

That word is doing a LOT of heavy lifting in that sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles beat em up announced. supposedly some of the staff worked on the scott pilgrim vs the world beat em up .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What's the point of using a cover of the original theme. It just sounds off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They misspelled "Hero" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Varik wrote: »
    What's the point of using a cover of the original theme. It just sounds off.

It's Mike Patton from Faith No More doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

There better be a complete overhaul of the franchise or i will not be touching it with a ten foot barge pole. Assassins Creed : The Bore-a-thon.
    This ^^ Think I played the first 2 and left it at that.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

Advertisement