Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game News 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,455 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

This ^^ Think I played the first 2 and left it at that.

The 2nd game is excellent!
    If you didn't like that, then AC isn't for you.
    It has become more RPG like since Origins, but at it's core, it's still the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,910 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

marcbrophy wrote: »
    The 2nd game is excellent!

Ezio is one of my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

It's Mike Patton from Faith No More doing it.

Goddamn, I love Mike Patton.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I completely disagree. AC Odyssey is nothing like AC II.

I would say the three games that will determine whether the franchise is for you or not is ACII, Black Flag, and Odyssey. These three represent the major leaps in mechanics gameplay ideas. If you're not into it after playing all those three then don't bother with the rest.

I’d replace Odyssey with Origins in that list, but yea if you don’t like any of those games the series isn’t for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Markitron wrote: »
    I’d replace Odyssey with Origins in that list, but yea if you don’t like any of those games the series isn’t for you.

Yeah I've hated the new spin on it till they toned it down a bit in Valhalla probably the game I enjoyed the most since Black Flag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,455 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I completely disagree. AC Odyssey is nothing like AC II.

I would say the three games that will determine whether the franchise is for you or not is ACII, Black Flag, and Odyssey. These three represent the major leaps in mechanics gameplay ideas. If you're not into it after playing all those three then don't bother with the rest.

I'm a blind follower of the AC franchise, love them all :)
    Except AC1, that can go fúck itself :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I'm a blind follower of the AC franchise, love them all :)
    Except AC1, that can go fúck itself :D

I like them all to various extents, except for Revelations and Unity.

Those games can go fornicate themselves with an iron bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I love AC1. :o I know it's kind of bad lol but I love the atmosphere. Think of it as a really good tech demo. :D

Revelations is an OK game in its own right but within the context of the series is absolutely terrible, and what is worse is that you get some fans who will absolutely go to bat for it simply because of Ezio. It's the laziest AC game by far. At least Unity was trying; it simply needed more time in the oven.

Spot on about Unity, I only played it for the first time ages after it was released and it’s a quality AC game.

I know most won’t be bothered doing it, but it really is best played in French with English subtitles, or obviously without any subtitles if you’re fluent. It adds hugely to the atmosphere, I started it in English but once I made that change it was a much better experience. I know a lot of people hate foreign films and refuse to watch them for that reason, but it should be the default option for Unity. The French voice actors are so much better too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    GTA Online updates for ps plus members:

Changes to your GTA$ Benefit
    The way you receive your monthly GTA$1,000,000 Playstation®Plus benefit will soon change.

From 1 April 2021 forward you will need to claim your monthly GTA$1,000,000 benefit from the Playstation™Store. At the start of each month a new GTA$1,000,000 product will be available on the PS Store, like other similar PS Plus pack benefits. You must be a Playstation®Plus subscriber to claim this product each month and the GTA$ will be deposited into your in-game account upon store redemption.

The month of March 2021 will be the last month in which your monthly GTA$ benefit will be automatically deposited into your in-game account within 72 hours of your first play session. As of 1 April 2021, these automatic GTA$ in-game deposits will be discontinued.

The amount of the GTA$ benefit is not changing. The offer is still limited to GTA$1,000,000 per person per month and this offer will still end when Grand Theft Auto V launches on Playstation®5 in the second half of 2021. A specific release date of GTAV on PS5™ has not yet been announced.

Bugger... they've finally realised I've been getting this lovely perk on my main non-PS+ account. Fare thee well free online currency that helped stem the grind for a bit.

Have primegaming linked though, so at least I'll still get that milly for when I'm prised back into the game for a new car to waste my hard earned time-grind money on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,811 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Square Enix showcase on 18th march showing new Life is Strange, Outriders, Avengers, Tomb Raider 25th anniversary and more.

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/1370057002249023498?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MS wasting no time adding Zenimax games to Gamepass, 20 tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/samuelofc/status/1370075639957577729

Phil Spencer has also confirmed that future games will almost all be exclusive

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1370075958775013387

He does mention that there'll be a few contractual "things", but that really seems like one or two games (outside of those already confirmed multiplatform). Maybe the Indiana Jones games? Licenses like that often have a multiplatform clause

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CatInABox wrote: »
    MS wasting no time adding Zenimax games to Gamepass, 20 tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/samuelofc/status/1370075639957577729

Phil Spencer has also confirmed that future games will almost all be exclusive

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1370075958775013387

He does mention that there'll be a few contractual "things", but that really seems like one or two games (outside of those already confirmed multiplatform). Maybe the Indiana Jones games? Licenses like that often have a multiplatform clause

Probably referring to Deathloop anyway and maybe something else agreed prior to the purchase.

Long term now if you want to play a new Bethesda game you'll need to have an Xbox or access to Game Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,811 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cmon Sony, add Gamepass to PS5 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭recyclops

I think the best ps5 only owners can get here is streaming either via smart TV or browser on ps5. It's still a bit of fence sitting by Spencer but leaning towards getting as many game pass subscribers as possible.

It's very clever.

By all accounts with the newest version of the Edge browser in the alpha Xbox dash it's actually possible to play Stadia and GForce Now games. Not sure what PS5 has in terms of a browser? Edge is obviously chromium based.

I would rather peel my skin off and roll around in salt than use edge for any more than 4 nanoseconds.

And that is down to 1 nanosecond on a console browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I would rather peel my skin off and roll around in salt than use edge for any more than 4 nanoseconds.

And that is down to 1 nanosecond on a console browser.

The current chromium base Edge is a lot better than that piece of crap that launched with Windows 10. There is a reason it has quickly become the 2nd most used browser.

The old Edge browser was an abomination.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Finally :) After GOG’s terrible decision to not allow it on their store last year, Devotion is now available again via the developer’s own web store. This is of course the Taiwanese horror game that was pulled from stores under immense pressure from China over a wayward Xi Jinping meme.

https://twitter.com/redcandlegames/status/1371335941542060032?s=21

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bought it there and with the ost to as a **** you to xinny the Pooh and his army of trolls.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Is the game even any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

pixelburp wrote: »
    Is the game even any good?

Yeah, that's what I'd want to know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It’s genuinely great. Been playing the first bit this morning and it’s a properly fresh, distinctive and really creepy spin on the first person horror game, with a lot of rich and fascinating cultural detail and context elevating it above even that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Came in to see the news and see Retro's declared war on China. Sky not picked it up yet.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Came in to see the news and see Retro's declared war on China. Sky not picked it up yet.

If you want to see Retro declare war, then make a thread asking for From Software to start putting easy modes in their games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you want to see Retro declare war, then make a thread asking for From Software to start putting easy modes in their games.

Leave Ace Combat 7 alone!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Leave Ace Combat 7 alone!

It's no Ace Combat 4, but that game is fantastic. That and Star Wars Squadrons coming out within 2 years of each other felt like a deluge after the previous decade's complete lack of flight sims.

And no, Assault Horizon doesn't count.

Advertisement