Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game News 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got squadrons at the weekend. Can't wait to try it with the oculus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I played it on PS5, would have killed to play it with a HOTAS/VR setup

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Its solid vr title, I enjoyed it, though I didnt use a HOTAS as it's HOTAS support initially was garbage (But I heard it's improved since)

Project Wingman is meant to be better though as a VR title from what I've heard it gives you an entire ace combat like campaign in VR.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

pixelburp wrote: »
    Is the game even any good?

I beat it earlier, it's quite good. I would say it's mystique is mostly hyped up by the fact it's been unavailable for so long tho. Ironically I didn't realise that it is a 'P.T.'-like going in. Both games being famous for not being freely available anymore. It's more of a fully realised story than P.T. though.

I think the Pooh Bear stuff is such an annoying distraction to the game itself, it's going to get lots of withering takes I feel when people find out it's mostly a fairly decent narrative horror walking sim (not a bad thing)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So bought Devotion this morning in work. Went to download it just there and looks like their site is under DDOS attack.

**** China.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Seems fine for me, went in there to just see if I could download 'Detention' (cause I got the 'complete' one).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,811 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jade Raymond has started a new studio Haven (haven for both players and devs) currently working on an unannounced IP for PlayStation.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1371853902493200389?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Doesn't seem long since Google shut down their internal studios.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Jade Raymond has started a new studio Haven (haven for both players and devs) currently working on an unannounced IP for PlayStation.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1371853902493200389?s=19

My guess is it'll be a open world story driven 3D action game.

Edit: just looked up games she's previously involved in and it's Assassin's Creed and Watchdogs. Even more confident in my prediction now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Looks like the Rainbow Six Quarantine beta could be starting soon (PCGamesN).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Delighted to see narita boy finally has a release date

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

That looks amazing, very Hyper Light Drifter looking

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

EA games are coming to PC tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1372203440714174468

It requires the EA app though. Some people might be annoyed by this, but having multiple launchers on PC has never bothered me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Day one on Game Pass as well, along with Genesis Noir

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I tracked it during kickstarter just for the art-style alone, but forgot about it. For the terminally lazy, do we know what KIND of game it's going to be? It's so visually dense I'd wonder if it might be a headache to actually play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I tracked it during kickstarter just for the art-style alone, but forgot about it. For the terminally lazy, do we know what KIND of game it's going to be? It's so visually dense I'd wonder if it might be a headache to actually play.

Action adventure, I only found out about it because you posted it in the kickstarter thread all those years and I followed it ever since :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

A GTAV fan found a way to cut the load times by 70% on PC. The studio have had a look and confirmed the fix does work. It's now been updated into the live game and they gave the guy 10grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭nullObjects

A GTAV fan found a way to cut the load times by 70% on PC. The studio have had a look and confirmed the fix does work. It's now been updated into the live game and they gave the guy 10grand.

There's a write up on it here by the guy that did it:
    https://nee.lv/2021/02/28/How-I-cut-GTA-Online-loading-times-by-70/

His own tldr:
    tl;dr:
    -There’s a single thread CPU bottleneck while starting up GTA Online
    -It turns out GTA struggles to parse a 10MB JSON file
    -The JSON parser itself is poorly built / naive and
    -After parsing there’s a slow item de-duplication routine

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

There is a demo on steam for this btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement

Incredible give away. Subnautica alone is an absolute must play!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,910 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

^ AstroBot Rescue Mission is a lovely game.

MS are testing Auto HDR with the Windows 10 Insider Program. It's supposed to work much like the Auto HDR on Series X/S, but I've no idea how well that works?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Disco Elysium: The Final Cut will be released for PS4, PS5, PC and Mac on March 30, 2021.

V excited.

Well this looks cool and is out now, 8 euro on the psn store. Looks to be about 1 hour, 20 mins long according to a YouTube playthrough vid. Anyone play this?

In Rays of the Light

The Microsoft Store remains a great source for leaks. They've accidentally revealed another new game, this time a WH40K FPS - Necromunda: Hired Gun. Just in case the page is removed, the blurb reads;
    Become a Hired Gun. The money’s good, the dog’s loyal, and the gun’s reliable. Embark on an indie fast-paced, violent, and thrilling FPS set in the darkest reaches of Warhammer 40,000’s most infamous hive city.

Description

Pick your contracts. Hunt your targets. Collect the bounty.

Navigate an ocean of crime and corruption to balance the bloody ecosystem of Necromunda as a merciless hired gun. The money’s good, the dog’s loyal, and the gun’s reliable – but can you survive the hunt? Necromunda: Hired Gun is an indie fast-paced, violent, and thrilling FPS set in the darkest reaches of Warhammer 40,000’s most infamous hive city.

For the right price, eliminate the most notorious gangers and mutants. Your armory is a sprawling arsenal. Your body is enhanced with a dozen customizable augments to run on walls and leap over chasms. Your cyber-mastiff will sniff out and kill enemies for you, while your grappling hook allows quick, agile traversal of the massive environments.

- An indie fast-paced FPS in the Warhammer 40,000 universe
    - Upgrade and fight alongside your loyal cyber-mastiff
    - Endless weapon and augment customisation
    - Upgrade, advance, and level up as you collect bounties

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Seems Jedi: Fallen Order is getting native versions on the Xbox Series and PS5. No information as of yet whether these will be available on Smart Delivery or Cross Buy.

https://www.vg247.com/2021/03/18/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-rated-for-ps5-and-xbox-series-x-s-in-germany/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Seems Jedi: Fallen Order is getting native versions on the Xbox Series and PS5. No information as of yet whether these will be available on Smart Delivery or Cross Buy.

https://www.vg247.com/2021/03/18/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-rated-for-ps5-and-xbox-series-x-s-in-germany/amp/

Nice, I have been wanting to replay it and have the patched version ready to go on PS5, might wait for this one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    The Microsoft Store remains a great source for leaks. They've accidentally revealed another new game, this time a WH40K FPS - Necromunda: Hired Gun. Just in case the page is removed, the blurb reads;

On steam now for pre order €34

• Advertisement

Project Athia is now.... Forspoken.

Advertisement