Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game News 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Not like the old name was exactly memorable either but yeesh, that new one threads the needle between utterly generic and the mangled English beloved of Japanese.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Name seems more like someone went searching in a thesaurus (as I just did)

forspoken - past tense of forspeak which is among other things another word for bewitch and going by the trailer that's probably the meaning they wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Going by the extra bit in the trailer, they should have just called it "Mother fukin dragon?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Looks as designed by committee as Avengers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

dreamers75 wrote: »
    On steam now for pre order €34

Doom in the WH40K universe? Sign me up :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Respawn's short documentary, Colette, in last year's Medal of Honor VR game got an Oscar nomination.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Leaked footage from the Rainbow 6 Parasite technical test. Hard to take anything from it really, as we have no idea how far along it is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne HD is coming to PC as well now. Great place for it. It's the best PS2 RPG (Unarguably so don't bother) and will really suit the platform. Also.... maybe we can get Persona 5 on PC so I can buy it for the fourth time?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

This is not a good move, especially on Vita considering how reliant it was on digital.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1373996180653375490?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I would've assumed the PSP was dead long ago anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Presumably once you've bought the games, you'll still be able to download them from your download list?

Presumably once you've bought the games, you'll still be able to download them from your download list?

Should be, will be difficult on the PS3 without access to the store though as the library functions are abysmal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

While a hacked Vita was probably classed as 'nice to have' up to now, it will be essential going forward if this rumour is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne HD is coming to PC as well now. Great place for it. It's the best PS2 RPG (Unarguably so don't bother) and will really suit the platform. Also.... maybe we can get Persona 5 on PC so I can buy it for the fourth time?

I hope they keep with the improvements as the Japanese port release was a technical mess before patching.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Bloomberg are reporting that MS are in talks to buy Discord for $10BN.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Bloomberg are reporting that MS are in talks to buy Discord for $10BN.

Wouldn't be the worst company that could potentially buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Good move for Microsoft (/Xbox) I would have thought and Discord would probably make more from the acquisition than they'd make by monetization.
    Wonder if they'd try to turn it into a Twitch competitor

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Watch them drive it into the ground like Skype

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Amazon would make sense too, since they own Twitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

This is not a good move, especially on Vita considering how reliant it was on digital.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1373996180653375490?s=19

And considering how tone deaf Jim Ryan is when it comes to game preservation, there's no way we're gonna see any of those storefronts show up on the newer systems (talking about PS3 specifically). I love PlayStation but as a self-proclaimed retro junkie this just písses me off. I still play on older hardware and it's getting more and more difficult to find games without forking out ridiculous amounts of money to play them. There are an absolute ton of PS1/PS2 games I wanted to have on my PS3 system and now it's looking like I won't get to buy them at all.

I wouldn't mind if Sony would just, for the love of christ, FIND A WAY to get those PS3 games onto a PS4/5 without having to burn your bandwidth to play them.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, taking a handful of games out of the equation; Xbox are absolutely killing it with what they're doing for legacy software, and it is so frustrating seeing Sony do almost the complete opposite.

I'll never forget this ridiculous quote
    I was at a Gran Turismo event recently where they had PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 games, and the PS1 and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I was at a Gran Turismo event recently where they had PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 games, and the PS1 and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?

I feel personally attacked.

That kind of think really annoys me. They might looks ancient but the library for the PS1 and 2 is way for diverse and just plain better than the PS4's library (discounting indie games which you can play on PC anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

In general I can't stand playing modern 2D games or mostly anything released before Mario 64, but even I have a problem with that. It is important to preserve games.

I prefer playing old 2D games over modern 3D games because at least they target 60 FPS and play much better. There's some ropey stuff on the PS1 ad especially N64 but make up for it in sheer inventiveness and when you get to PS2/Gamecube/XBox they mostly run 60 FPS or a stable 30 FPS which seems to have gone out the window since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

SMT Nocturne is really good but personally got zero interest in going back. SMT needs a major overhaul, their formula has gotten really stale imo.

SMT Nocturne is really good but personally got zero interest in going back. SMT needs a major overhaul, their formula has gotten really stale imo.

Really? I've not played Persona 5 but SMT 4 and Apocalypse are incredible and the demon fusion in those games is the best yet. No more random skill inheritance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Apologies if already posted but looks like April 10th will have more Age of Empires IV reveal. Not overly fond of the unit graphics

Vicxas wrote: »
    Watch them drive it into the ground like Skype
    Skype is Teams. Its had something ridiculous along the lines of 1000% increase in usage. Use it everyday myself rock solid software.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

On the subject of the importance of game preservation earlier...

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1374635773325144064

gizmo wrote: »
    On the subject of the importance of game preservation earlier...

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1374635773325144064

Indeed, especially with 2. Sigma 2 has some nice rebalances, but adds a lot of nonsense and makes it significantly harder to dismember enemies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement