Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game News 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Konami? What are they announcing, more pachinko?

Knowing them it will be a full-on MGS 3 remake that no one is allowed to play and will never be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,811 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New game coming to PS5 in Q4 called Abandoned. Realistic 1st person horror survivor game. Could be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    New game coming to PS5 in Q4 called Abandoned. Realistic 1st person horror survivor game. Could be interesting.

Should’ve called it “2020” based on that alone. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Zero-Cool wrote: »

There were rumours going around that this was a collab with Kojima, but Blue Box have denied it. Yer man Jeff Grubb is claiming it can't be Kojima's next game, because Microsoft are in talks with Kojima about a deal for that.

Abandoned does look interesting though. They'll be doubling down on the 3D sound and haptics of the PS5, apparently.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    There were rumours going around that this was a collab with Kojima, but Blue Box have denied it. Yer man Jeff Grubb is claiming it can't be Kojima's next game, because Microsoft are in talks with Kojima about a deal for that.

Abandoned does look interesting though. They'll be doubling down on the 3D sound and haptics of the PS5, apparently.

Imagine spending years working on a game, finally pulling the curtains back on it, announcing it the entire world, and less than a day later you have to put out a statement that no, it's not secretly some other dudes game.

Their head must be wrecked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Another old 'un being released with shiny new clothes; a long time since I ever heard "Alex Kidd" mentioned!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Lots of people are going to get a kick out of that remake but Alex Kidd wasn't a great game. Sorry everyone that grew up with a Master System.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,811 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Maaann great memories of Alex Da Kiddd on Master System. I can't actually remember much of it and it's probably best left in that rose tinted glasses way.

The Darkside Detective releasing on Playstation on 15th April. Looks like it could be a laugh. Anyone play it on PC and recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

pixelburp wrote: »
    Another old 'un being released with shiny new clothes; a long time since I ever heard "Alex Kidd" mentioned!

That takes me back. The first video game I ever played on the good old Sega Master System. Alex Kidd and World Soccer were built into the console. I could only ever reach the third level but I played it endlessly. It also gave birth to my hatred of water levels.

World Soccer, better penalty shootouts than modern Fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Another game to come from the Superhot Fund, Loot River.

The puzzle element is a nice touch. Be interesting to see how it meshes with the combat which seems somewhat faster paced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Lots of people are going to get a kick out of that remake but Alex Kidd wasn't a great game. Sorry everyone that grew up with a Master System.

I said it before in A&R and I'll say it here again: Alex Kidd in Miracle World is better than Mario Bros. 1. A LOT better in fact. Apart from music maybe.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Seeing as we are talking about old football games, does any one know why Ireland weren't in World Cup Italia 90 on the Mega Drive. That always annoyed me as a kid and I wasn't even a big football fan.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Seeing as we are talking about old football games, does any one know why Ireland weren't in World Cup Italia 90 on the Mega Drive. That always annoyed me as a kid and I wasn't even a big football fan.

Safer to assume Ireland won't be in any major football tournament than having to scramble to add them in when they defy the odds and actually qualify :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Adyx wrote: »
    I said it before in A&R and I'll say it here again: Alex Kidd in Miracle World is better than Mario Bros. 1. A LOT better in fact. Apart from music maybe.

We need to bring back the blasphemy laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭quokula

gizmo wrote: »

yes.

Man, the video preview made me think this was some kind of Carmageddon remake. Disappointing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Last of Us remake is on the way:

IGN

Bloomberg

Calling it now: TLOU is the Skyrim/GTAV of Sony exclusives and will feature on every single Sony device until the end of time.

Absolutely & utterly pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

A pointless remake of TLOU but no Days Gone 2. Unbeliveable

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe it's based on the upcoming series. The Last of Us: the Series: the Game with Joel and Ellie looking like the actors from the series.
    Mandalorian armour DLC for Joel incoming

• Registered Users Posts: 45,621 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe it's based on the upcoming series. The Last of Us: the Series: the Game with Joel and Ellie looking like the actors from the series.

That sounds good, but it could be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was simply ripping off Street Fighter the Movie the Game.
    I'm sure if they don't do it, we'll see them through mods at some point as well as Nathan Drake starting to look like Tom Holland

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Remake is such a meaningless word in games - can range from Demon's Souls (same game, new graphics) to FF7R (basically a completely different game).

A TLOU sequel does sound particularly... redundant given the original game is both widely available and extremely technically proficient (in its remastered form certainly). But then is it just a small team polishing up the mechanics and animations, or a major overhaul and expansion? Looping something in with the tv show makes commercial sense if nothing else, but certainly gives off a sense of 'too soon, lads'.

Above all, the idea that Sony is just doubling down on the same old blockbusters is depressing in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,910 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

JimBurnley wrote: »
    A pointless remake of TLOU but no Days Gone 2. Unbeliveable

It would be a shame if there is no Days Gone 2.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    It would be a shame if there is no Days Gone 2.

A massive shame. Really hoping that decision gets reveresed. If not, it could arguably push the original into even more of a cult icon status, but i'd much rather a sequel with more of the horde bashing goodness. I'm definitely heading back onto the broken road and into the sh't this evening, finish burning out those goddamn nests

The fact of the matter is Days Gone was not critically well received and would have been seen as an embarrassment by Sony for ending, at the time, a consistent streak of critical praise.

That's just the kind of thing
    Skizzo
    would have said...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

CastorTroy wrote: »

Possibly. And can see them retconning some of the story or characters in the first to matchup with TLoU2.

Days gone was far from perfect but I would much prefer a sequel to it than a remake of TLOU.

Advertisement