Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game News 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Lost Judgment, the sequel to hit legal thriller Judgment, releases worldwide on September 24, 2021 for PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One!

https://youtu.be/VDgaA9RcGLE

• Registered Users Posts: 29,810 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Skate city is out today, 13 euro on psn (9 euro if you have ps plus until the 14th may). Lo-fi side scrolling skateboard with sixteenth realistic tricks. Looks fun.

https://kotaku.com/skate-city-filled-the-skate-sized-hole-in-my-heart-1846847221?utm_campaign=Kotaku&utm_content=1620409602&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=facebook

Smyths is open for click and collect again. I tried checking 2 games out this week but they are showing out of stock so can't preorder it for in store collection. Tried Resi 8 and tons in store.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ubisoft games developed by internal studios (and external contractors that obviously aren't important) will be labelled as 'A Ubisoft Original'

Digestive Biscuits: An Aldi original

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ubisoft games developed by internal studios (and external contractors that obviously aren't important) will be labelled as 'A Ubisoft Original'

I think 'Just another Ubisoft' would probably be more apt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Product placement in the next Far Cry game, where the character you play takes a bite out of a chocolate digestive before blowing someone's head off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

So 'A Ubisoft Original' makes it Youbisoft rather than Oobisoft. I always forget which it's meant to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

So 'A Ubisoft Original' makes it Youbisoft rather than Oobisoft. I always forget which it's meant to be.

People that pronounce it Ooobisoft sniff bicycle seats and listen to Coldplay.
    Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Product placement in the next Far Cry game, where the character you play has to collect 12 pieces of a chocolate digestive before taking a bite out of it and blowing someone's head off, provided their handgun has at least 3 damage upgrades.

FTFY

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Don't forget you can buy the Timesaver Bundle that already has 10 of the digestive pieces, to stop you from having to actually play the game too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,034 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I hear Chris Martin in pronounces it "youbisoft"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I hear Gwyneth Paltrow is releasing a line of bicycle seats that smell like her candles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

They should change the name to “Uaresoft”, so it sounds like you’re picking a fight whenever you say it to someone in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

They should change the name to “Uaresoft”, so it sounds like you’re picking a fight whenever you say it to someone in Ireland.

I think they're also the developers for the new erectile dysfunction simulator...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,629 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Ubishaft more like as you get shafted buying one of their games

This sounds class, supposed to be released late last year but got delayed, coming soon to pc and Xbox. Really hoping it makes it's way too PlayStation as well. Published by the amazing Anapurna who got the cast of James McEvoy, daisy Ridley and Willem Dafoe. A game based on a 12 minute loop where you have to figure out what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    This sounds class, supposed to be released late last year but got delayed, coming soon to pc and Xbox. Really hoping it makes it's way too PlayStation as well. Published by the amazing Anapurna who got the cast of James McEvoy, daisy Ridley and Willem Dafoe. A game based on a 12 minute loop where you have to figure out what's going on.

Oooh it must be coming soon. Was hoping we'd hear something during the summer press events.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,034 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Where was that game revealed before? Looks familiar and thought it was on State of Play.
    Maybe it was that Series X showcase where everyone was streaming in? Only XBox showcase I watched, I think.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Where was that game revealed before? Looks familiar and thought it was on State of Play.
    Maybe it was that Series X showcase where everyone was streaming in? Only XBox showcase I watched, I think.

I think it debuted at E3 2019? Maybe during the Microsoft event?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

CastorTroy wrote: »

Pretty sure it was in the Xbox showcase, don't know if it was shown before that.

One of my favourite SNES games is coming to the Switch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Didn't even know there was a sequel to this; loved playing it fadó fadó in ancient Ireland. Looks like they're low-balling it a little mind you; in this era of shiny remasters, this doesn't appear to be going in that direction.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

pixelburp wrote: »
    Didn't even know there was a sequel to this; loved playing it fadó fadó in ancient Ireland. Looks like they're low-balling it a little mind you; in this era of shiny remasters, this doesn't appear to be going in that direction.

I'd rather it be good emulation of the original than to get the pixel art turned into a disgusting approximation of a mobile phone game.

I'd rather it be good emulation of the original than to get the pixel art turned into a disgusting approximation of a mobile phone game.

Which is the bastard cousin of Fornite's art style that everyone seems to be copying these days. Nothing would turn me off a game faster.

Markitron wrote: »
    Which is the bastard cousin of Fornite's art style that everyone seems to be copying these days. Nothing would turn me off a game faster.

Yep, the 'Dreamworks pictures CGI' look. Makes me vomit. And you know there's amazing artists working for these companies churning this soulless guff out because the execs look at the biggest games, see their art and mandate that their game must look exactly the same.

Don't know anything about this game but going to give this a shout out because it looks irish made and what's been written about it has been positive:

Edit: Toronto based studio. THIS IS CULTURAL APPROPRIATION!!!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

^^ DrinkBox Studios might want words about how blatant the Guacamelee art-style has been pilfered - albeit with slightly stiffer animation. Some of the gameplay elements look like blatant rip-offs.

Bonus points though on not hitting the Oirish stereotypes too hard.

Yep, the 'Dreamworks pictures CGI' look. Makes me vomit. And you know there's amazing artists working for these companies churning this soulless guff out because the execs look at the biggest games, see their art and mandate that their game must look exactly the same.

It is basically a war on facial textures and I'm sick of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

pixelburp wrote: »
    ^^ DrinkBox Studios might want words about how blatant the Guacamelee art-style has been pilfered - albeit with slightly stiffer animation. Some of the gameplay elements look like blatant rip-offs.

Bonus points though on not hitting the Oirish stereotypes too hard.

I wonder do Mexicans feel the same way watching a trailer of Guacamelee as I did watching that one.

I'm getting more samurai Jack vibes from it, and Guacamelee's art style wasn't particularly original either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

It's Canadian made it seems

Advertisement