Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game News 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

The PS3 version of Portal 2 came with a free steam key for the game. God, I wish that became the standard.

And it had cross play

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Ya'll forget Steam on the PS3 was a thing with Portal 2? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,810 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Out of the other 74% for EA, I'm guessing 70% of it is Ultimate Team cash. It makes a disgusting amount of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

J. Marston wrote: »
    Out of the other 74% for EA, I'm guessing 70% of it is Ultimate Team cash. It makes a disgusting amount of money.

If that was the case there would be no other EA games other than Ultimate Team.

Investor led company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

dreamers75 wrote: »
    If that was the case there would be no other EA games other than Ultimate Team.

Investor led company.

There's a balance to be had between profits and net revenue, they might not make as much off the rest but it's still extra money in the bank that can be invested again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Guys, shut up. It's finally out, THE Switch release any Real Gamer™ would have been waiting for :pac:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Calculator-1969081.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

pixelburp wrote: »
    Guys, shut up. It's finally out, THE Switch release any Real Gamer™ would have been waiting for :pac:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Calculator-1969081.html

Pity it only comes with the digits 0-6, but those 7, 8 and 9 expansion packs are going to be fire! Thank goodness the Pythagoras Edition comes with all the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

There's a Ghostrunner sequel on the way.

Edit: 'Tis coming to PC, XSX and PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The game that makes Santa Tracker look like Portal 2. As far as consoles go I think the Switch by now has easily eclipsed the Wii & DS as the go the console with most shovelware.

• Advertisement

Has anyone heard anything concrete about WB Games following AT&T's announcement today, i.e. Discovery merging with Warner Media in a $43Bn deal?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

ERG89 wrote: »
    The game that makes Santa Tracker look like Portal 2. As far as consoles go I think the Switch by now has easily eclipsed the Wii & DS as the go the console with most shovelware.

Nah. Ps2 had way more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

More bull**** at ign. Ign released an article with links to charities to help Palestinians. Ign Israel complains and the article disappears the next day.

Ign south Africa republished the article and it disappears in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    More bull**** at ign. Ign released an article with links to charities to help Palestinians. Ign Israel complains and the article disappears the next day.

Ign south Africa republished the article and it disappears in a few hours.
    That'll most likely be corporate cowardice from Ziff Davis rather than the editorial staff at IGN. Doubly so given what happened at the SA branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

gizmo wrote: »
    That'll most likely be corporate cowardice from Ziff Davis rather than the editorial staff at IGN. Doubly so given what happened at the SA branch.

This was tweeted simultaneously from six people at IGN.
    https://twitter.com/Luceobrien/status/1394428642319474688?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Violating editorial independence is bad enough, but to put words in people mouths is even worse.

The links to charities is about as uncontroversial as you can get, and you would have to be some kind of ghoul to oppose it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It speaks to just how utterly hopeless the situation is over there, that even supporting charities helping those in need is seen as "taking a side" and to be censored. I don't pretend to have a solid understanding of the Israel-Palestine clusterf*ck but there are people getting hurt and killed; this is where international groups come into their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

It speaks to just how utterly hopeless the situation is over there, that even supporting charities helping those in need is seen as "taking a side" and to be censored. I don't pretend to have a solid understanding of the Israel-Palestine clusterf*ck but there are people getting hurt and killed; this is where international groups come into their own.

Due to the US veto, the UN haven't even managed to release a 'killing women and children is bad' or 'both sides' type statement. So... the UN have nothing at all to say either. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

wes wrote: »
    Violating editorial independence is bad enough, but to put words in people mouths is even worse.

The links to charities is about as uncontroversial as you can get, and you would have to be some kind of ghoul to oppose it.

The worst that can happen in Ireland is that your donation pays some ****'s expense account, in Palestine it's that the money get's funnelled to Hamas.

A bunch of US payment platforms are auto blocking payment even mentioning it.

Varik wrote: »
    The worst that can happen in Ireland is that your donation pays some ****'s expense account, in Palestine it's that the money get's funnelled to Hamas.

A bunch of US payment platforms are auto blocking payment even mentioning it.

The charities were well known international charities and with 0 chance of funneling money to Hamas :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement

Ah the 'aul "why bother giving to charity, it just <insert generalisation here>" argument. People feel helpless watching folks in Palestine suffer, they want to give money and help. What else can we do?

As mentioned the charities were not local but included international ones like Doctors Without Borders or a UN one. And even so; easy to snark about money in Hamas' pocket but in these kinds of countries, if you want to deal with local communities you have to placate these groups if you don't want your people or equipment hassled. I remember a friend of mine who signed a contract with an international corporation; within it was a clear, unambiguous acknowledgement that while Corp X didn't condone corruption, it also recognised that bribing local authorities and figures was the only way to get things done and allowed its employees to do engage in that practice.

Now. Games News, before the inevitable "damnit, just stick to games!" response :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

PS5/XSX versions of GTAV and GTA Online coming in November. No full details on upgrade yet

https://www.ign.com/articles/gta-online-ps5-xbox-series-x-s-release-date-november?utm_source=twitter

November is later than I imagined. When it was first revealed I thought it'd be Spring 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

They put a Palestinian flag on the site.
    The headline was how to help Palestinian civilians.
    The first line was "Palestinian civilians are currently suffering in great numbers in Jerusalem, Gaza and the West Bank, due to Israeli forces".

I think it is pretty clear why people in Israel were upset with this.

They put a Palestinian flag on the site.
    The headline was how to help Palestinian civilians.
    The first line was "Palestinian civilians are currently suffering in great numbers in Jerusalem, Gaza and the West Bank, due to Israeli forces".

I think it is pretty clear why people in Israel were upset with this.

They were upset with a flag, a call to help Palestinians civilians and a simple statement of facts? I can't say I have much sympathy for that position. I am going to go on a limb, that it was extremists, who were angered by a Palestinian flag, and a simple statement of what is going on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Penn wrote: »
    PS5/XSX versions of GTAV and GTA Online coming in November. No full details on upgrade yet

Chasing Skyrim's title for most amount of re-releases it seems.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything concrete about WB Games following AT&T's announcement today, i.e. Discovery merging with Warner Media in a $43Bn deal?

The details haven't been released, but it's looking like "Some of the gaming arm will stay with AT&T and some will go with the new company." (RPS)

Kiith wrote: »
    Chasing Skyrim's title for most amount of re-releases it seems.

Are they charging, or will it be a free upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

wes wrote: »
    Are they charging, or will it be a free upgrade?
    They charged for PS3/Xbox 360 > PS4/XBO so they'll charge for PS4/XBO > PS5/Series X/S.

I was looking through my PS2 games recently... GTAIII, VC, SA, LC Stories, VC Stories

• Registered Users Posts: 29,810 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Super Bomberman Online releasing on PS4 and PS5 on 27th May for free, up to 64 players in a battle royal, sounds like it could be a laugh. Loved the OG games with couch co-op.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/1395028451883732993?s=19

• Advertisement
Advertisement