Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game News 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Take your Northern Taytos to boards.co.uk folks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,033 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Tayto and windsurfing don't really go together, I find.
    (yep, turns out boards.co.uk is a real site)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

J. Marston wrote: »
    I didn't play BL3 but Tiny Tina was best enjoyed in very short doses in BL2. A whole game with her would be head-wrecking.

She is just as annoying in BL3, if not even more so. She is basically the personification of the BL series' forced humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,810 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

NoClip doc on the making of Demons Souls remake coming in July, nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Rainbow six Quarantine is now Rainbow Six: Extraction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

The folks who left Giant Bomb have set up their own podcast/channel/whatever, called Nextlander. Not entirely sure why they split but I like the three of them so I'll be listening in.

The folks who left Giant Bomb have set up their own podcast/channel/whatever, called Nextlander. Not entirely sure why they split but I like the three of them so I'll be listening in.
    More details here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117366464&postcount=7067

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

A Marvel X-Com style turn-based tactics game could be fun. Never played the original X-Com's back in the day, but the modern remakes have been some of my most played in recent years. Now, will it have Mod support? It's been the key to X-Com's longevity and popularity (The Long War Mods for example are considered the definitive X-Com experience by the Firaxis team themselves), but when you've got world-conquering IP to work with, they tend to be very particular about what they'll allow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

We've had plenty of reports (and lively debates) about crunch in this thread and forum, so definitely worth shouting out the AAA devs who avoid it :)

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1402336347894030340?s=20

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/arstechnica/status/1402976605748842499

Ars have a nice write up on the stuff MS talked about today, including, but not limited to, Game Pass, cloud on TVs, Streaming sticks, and console.

Somewhat hilarious to see Nadella engage in some console warring as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Disappointed (but not surprised) to hear that the PC version of the Ninja Gaiden Master Collection is absolute dump. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not even adding resolution options is the absolute epitome of lazy ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The Steam page itself went live while they were still updating the contents. This was the original version before info for each game was added...

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1402620330947010561

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Took them 4 months to say.... Nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

So if you didn't see Keighley's show, Koch Media have announced a new publishing arm for "premium games" - Prime Matter. They also released a list of 12 titles that will be published under the Prime Matter label, including a new Painkiller (yuss).
    • Payday 3 (2023)
    • King’s Bounty II (TBS due in August)
    • Encased ("classic" Fallout-style RPG due in September)
    • Scars Above (sci-fi action game - 2022)
    • Project: Echoes of the End (3rd person action-adventure, uses UE5)
    • Echoes of the End (working title, UE5)
    • Dolmen (3rd person action RPG, 2022)
    • Final Form (sci-fi FPS with 3 player co-op)
    • The Chant (action horror, 2022)
    • Gungrave G.O.R.E. (3rd person shooter, 2022)
    • The Last Oricru (action RPG, 2022)
    • Crossfire: Legion (futuristic RTS, 2022)
    • New Painkiller title

I'm quite interested in seeing their own full presentation now, this evening (Fri) at 8:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Yeah I was actually gonna watch the Koch one when I found out how many good devs they have under them. Smart move to make a sole publishing wing for these games, there are so many under Koch right now its confusing (they have either control or part of Coffee Stain Publishing, THQ Nordic, Deep Silver and others).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tecmo koei have yet to publish a good pc port. They're all dire.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Honestly, if something has Lance Reddick starring, it immediately goes up in my interest. Had forgotten there was a live action resident evil show on the way ...

A Splinter Cell anime.... I feel like Ubisoft just gets us, thanks Ubi.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There's not much Lance Reddick will say no to, as evidenced by this...

He's still brilliant though.

J. Marston wrote: »
    There's not much Lance Reddick will say no to, as evidenced by this...

He's still brilliant though.

I only discovered Eric Andre a few weeks ago and have watched all his little interviews on YouTube. Jesus Christ, I love how mental it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I only discovered Eric Andre a few weeks ago and have watched all his little interviews on YouTube. Jesus Christ, I love how mental it is.

I went down that rabbit hole ages ago. I remember laughing by myself for about 10 minutes straight at Kraft Punk.

How many game based animated series are Netflix making at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How many game based animated series are Netflix making at this point?

Castlevania was fantastic so **** it, lets just see how they turn out.

Dragon's Dogma was okay. I haven't watched Dota.

I do like to see more getting made and seems more companies are trusting them with franchises.

Just wish Nintendo hadn't cancelled their Zelda deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Sequel to Mario + Rabbids leaked ahead of the Ubisoft broadcast named Spark of Hope.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mario-rabbids-sparks-of-hope-revealed-by-nintendo-releases-2022.440911/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Castlevania's great, the DOTA one is cool too (I know nothing about either game series - never played them).

Advertisement