Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game News 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

People that haven't played symphony of the night need their gamer card revoked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    People that haven't played symphony of the night need their gamer card revoked.

The only symphony I like is the Symphony of Destruction.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    The only symphony I like is the Symphony of Destruction.

Gamer card. NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,032 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I never had a Playstation until the end of PS2's life and only had a couple games there. Nintendo from NES til now, so I played the better half of Metroidvania. :)
    Think I only played some of the first 2 Castlevania games on the NES.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

An incredibly impressive mod for Fallout 4 has released a trailer. Fallout: London is pretty self-explanatory but sometimes you get these mods that look as polished as any of the official released games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Saw it yesterday, and while it looks impressive, i imagine it'll be a long while before we see any sort of release.

Hopefully it won't be anything like the last anticipated Fallout 4 mod, The Frontier. That went to some weird places :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Kiith wrote: »
    Saw it yesterday, and while it looks impressive, i imagine it'll be a long while before we see any sort of release.

Hopefully it won't be anything like the last anticipated Fallout 4 mod, The Frontier. That went to some weird places :pac:

Oh yeah with mods you never know - I'm still patiently waiting for the Beyond Skyrim project to release its first region (Illiac Bay).

But that trailer suggests they already have a great deal built: certainly the art assets look very advanced; I didn't spot any reused items, it all looks custom. they obviously have the factions down too, so hopefully it's just "polish" that's needed.

(Was there ever any clues or hints as to how the rest of the world was getting on in the Fallout world? That's official canon that is)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Goes into some detail on the wiki page. Love alternative histories, so enjoyable enough read.

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline_of_major_events

• Registered Users Posts: 29,810 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Alan Wake remaster and Final fantasy vii remake listed on Epic backend. I really hope this means Alan Wake remaster coming to PlayStation as well, wanted to play that for a long time.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1405803861441347586?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It's ready to release, it's a UE4 game and the work for the PS5 translates to PC.

There's very little more to do than just implementing graphics settings unless they want to implement ray tracing features.

No E3 announcement for it has me worried though but surely we'll get it this year at some point.

If it's Epic exclusive some people won't be happy.

• Advertisement

Rumours that a PlayStation event happening in a few weeks so things like this that missed E3 could very well pop up on it.

Here's a rumour/leak about the PS event supposedly happening at the end of June.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/o2zdej/sony_has_registered_a_new_trademark_for/

Most intriguing thing here is mention of a Remake game between Square Enix and Bluepoint Games. They did such a great job with Demons Souls, was hoping they were working on metal gear solid next. If true, wonder what they're working on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Most intriguing thing here is mention of a Remake game between Square Enix and Bluepoint Games. They did such a great job with Demons Souls, was hoping they were working on metal gear solid next. If true, wonder what they're working on

Avengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Avengers.

Bluepoint are good, but they're not that good!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Not happening, but I'd love to see a remaster of the original Deus Ex. It's still playable as is, but I'd love to see it reach as wide an audience as possible. Having said that, immersive sims* don't seem to do that great sales-wise.

*stupid name for a genre, but you know what I mean

I think you mean the 0451 genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Given the success of the Nier games in more recent times, maybe the Drakengard Trilogy? Or maybe Parasite Eve since RE is now back and printing money?

I refuse to get excited about the possibility of it being Legacy of Kain as it'll probably end up being Kane & Lynch or some ****.

I think you mean the 0451 genre.
    Ugh, you joke but the first time I automatically interacted with a keypad in Invisible War, I knew something had gone horribly horribly wrong.

As someone that finished Drakengard 3 last week, that game needs more than a remaster to be fun let alone good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Here's a rumour/leak about the PS event supposedly happening at the end of June.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/o2zdej/sony_has_registered_a_new_trademark_for/

Don't do that. Don't give me hope for GT7 news.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Chrono Trigger + Bluepoint you know it makes sense.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    Chrono Trigger + Bluepoint you know it makes sense.

They'll turn one of the most beautiful 2D games into a garish 3D nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

They'll turn one of the most beautiful 2D games into a garish 3D nightmare

I would prefer a 3D version rather than the Octopath style which is looking like it will become the standard for 2D remakes.

gizmo wrote: »
    Given the success of the Nier games in more recent times, maybe the Drakengard Trilogy? Or maybe Parasite Eve since RE is now back and printing money?

I refuse to get excited about the possibility of it being Legacy of Kain as it'll probably end up being Kane & Lynch or some ****.

Ugh, you joke but the first time I automatically interacted with a keypad in Invisible War, I knew something had gone horribly horribly wrong.

I'd love to see Legacy of Kain come back as a series, as a modern take on that world and story could be absolutely stunning. But I really doubt Bluepoint could ever do enough with the old games to justify it. They could give it an incredible spit and polish, but the gameplay as a whole needs far more work to modernise it than Bluepoint usually do. The series would benefit more from and requires a reboot/reimagining rather than just a Bluepoint remake of the old games.

Blasphemy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Pish, I play through LoK: Soul Reaver 1, 2 and Defiance every couple of years, and they're far more playable than most other games around then.

I'm sure they are, but if Bluepoint were to give them the same treatment they gave Demon's Souls in terms of graphics, sound etc, the gameplay is going to look and feel incredibly outdated by comparison.

The games would be fine. They'd be perfectly playable. They may even be alright. But enough to warrant the effort of the usual Bluepoint remake? I doubt it. At that point, they'd be far better reworking the entire game from scratch and revamping the combat and puzzles as a whole. That goes beyond what Bluepoint usually do.

Unless Bluepoint are being given license to completely reshape the game as part of a remaster, I don't see it being something Sony would want them to bother with.

Put it this way; I'm sure Sony would prefer a God of War 2018 type reboot/restart for the franchise than spending time, effort and money shining up the original GoW.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I too would be up for that, but as many of the original voice cast as possible please! Can't imagine anyone else but Michael Bell and Simon Templeman as Raziel and Kain.

This looks boring but kind of relaxing and interesting at the same time, really would like to try this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

This looks boring but kind of relaxing and interesting at the same time, really would like to try this.

Do you get fired if you shoot coloured people or do you get a bonus :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Wouldn't surprise me at this point for Bluepoint to do Metal Gear but I'd wish they would do the old 2D top down ones, rather than just do MGS again which we've already got twice. You could do a lot more with those older games I'd bet. I'd also just like something other than a facelift for something I've already played.

Advertisement