Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game News 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    This looks boring but kind of relaxing and interesting at the same time, really would like to try this.

Proper detective games feel very rare. Obra Dinn and Sexy Brutale are two I can think of, but they're underpinned by supernatural premises. Suppose it's a hard genre to make a game about: making connections or conclusions. LA Noire kinda had it but was a bit QTE in feel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Do you get fired if you shoot coloured people or do you get a bonus :confused:
    You unlock the knee move.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,810 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've been waiting for Beat Cop to drop on price on PlayStation but it seems stuck at 15 quid. It seems like an ideal mobile game and just noticed it's on the play story, play the beginning for free and unlock the full game for a fiver. Seems like it's well worth a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Is the above video only an example of what you do 30% of the time and the rest of the game is stuck in an office writing files? Cuz if not, it's no simulator. I wouldn't mind giving one a go, just to compare, but I'm not paying for it!

Cyberpunk next gen release still on track for this year. Back on the PlayStation store.

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1406924592900366336?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Cyberpunk next gen release still on track for this year. Back on the PlayStation store.

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1406924592900366336?s=19

Yeah, I'm just going to wait for the PS5 version

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Cyberpunk 2077 needs an awful lot more than a native next-gen version to make it anything other than a glossy, shallow mess of a game.

Cyberpunk 2077 needs an awful lot more than a native next-gen version to make it anything other than a glossy, shallow mess of a game.

Same as Eoin, I'm just waiting for the PS5 version and hopefully by then, all the added dlc from there roadmap will help fill it out a bit and pepper QOL fixes in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

my problem with it is the combat just isn't good at least for me. I don't think any fix is going to fix this.

this will be unpopular but I tried getting into Spiderman for the 2nd and 3rd time this weekend, each time lasted 5 minutes. I'm never going to like it because the core gameplay ie. what you're doing most of the time just doesn't click with me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

gimli2112 wrote: »
    this will be unpopular but I tried getting into Spiderman for the 2nd and 3rd time this weekend, each time lasted 5 minutes. I'm never going to like it because the core gameplay ie. what you're doing most of the time just doesn't click with me

It's really not something you need to apologise for, not all games are for everyone but some people just can't grasp that.

The exception that proves the rule is if you say anything bad about a soulsborne game as you are just plain wrong then.

• Advertisement

that reminds me I need to reattempt Dead Souls 3 for the umpteenth time

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's really not something you need to apologise for, not all games are for everyone but some people just can't grasp that.

The exception that proves the rule is if you say anything bad about a soulsborne game as you are just plain wrong then.

Except Sekiro, Sekiro is a pile of shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Stone him...Blasphemer!

I'm simply thanking that cos it made me laugh at loud, not that I necessarily agree with the sentiment

I'm simply thanking that cos it made me laugh at loud not that I necessarily agree with the sentiment

Get off the fence Gimli :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Blasphemer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

You're just salty because you couldn't beat Guardian Ape.

And guess what, Bloodborne wasn't all that either... Dark Souls 2 was better imo.

The church of git gud casts the heathen out.

Penn wrote: »
    You're just salty because you couldn't beat Guardian Ape.

Hey hey hey I CHOSE not to beat guardian ape :pac:

• Advertisement

And guess what, Bloodborne wasn't all that either... Dark Souls 2 was better imo.

a little early to be drinking?

Feels good to get that off my chest. In actual Bloodborne news, rumours that a remaster will be released before end of the year. Grain of salt and all that. I actually did enjoy dark souls 2 more but i just enjoy swprd and board souls in general. I'd get bloodborne remaster day 1 regardless, still a fantastic game but poor DS2 gets **** on a lot.

Think there was even talk of a PC release of Bloodborne as well.

I'm going to have to seriously reconsider my opinion of you based on how you get on with Ace Combat 7.

I will say DS2 DLC is some of the best soulsborne content.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Maybe he's been watching The Quartering.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I've never, ever had any interest in any of the "Souls" esque games, they simply don't appeal as a proposition. I don't want easy games necessarily - but those that actively punish don't entice either. I tend to carry the stress of fúcking up, or a game kicking my ass, so a genre built around mechanics to induce that feeling is a definite "no thank you".

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Think there was even talk of a PC release of Bloodborne as well.

I'm going to have to seriously reconsider my opinion of you based on how you get on with Ace Combat 7.

I will say DS2 DLC is some of the best soulsborne content.

Something about the hub area always gets me, Ruth Negga was fantastic as the emerald herald. The system of how you inflict more damage on the end boss was awful though.

Hhmmmm might stay in Schrodinger's box for that one. If I never play AC7, then i can stay in a nice limbo :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Can we not even engage in a universal, uncontroversial activity like dunking on Cyberpunk 2077 without it turning into an argument about Soulsborne games and Ace Combat 7? :P

pixelburp wrote: »
    I've never, ever had any interest in any of the "Souls" esque games, they simply don't appeal as a proposition. I don't want easy games necessarily - but those that actively punish don't entice either. I tend to carry the stress of fúcking up, or a game kicking my ass, so a genre built around mechanics to induce that feeling is a definite "no thank you".

But they aren't built around dicking the player over. Ok sometimes they are like the mimics but I kind of find them funny. It's just a more old school approach to difficulty when it actually demands a bit of mastery and knowledge on behalf of the player before letting them progress rather than handholding the player and dragging them towards the end with recharging health and over generous checkpoints.

The souls games have a reputation as being something like I Wanna Be the Guy maso platformers but they are perfectly fair and give the player all the tools they need to beat the game. The difference between souls and modern games is that turning the game on and playing the game for 8 hours will get you to the end with no effort whatsoever. Souls actually demands something back from the player.

Can we not even engage in a universal, uncontroversial activity like dunking on Cyberpunk 2077 without it turning into an argument about Soulsborne games and Ace Combat 7? :P

But would it still be the boards.ie games forum?

• Advertisement
Advertisement