Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foul smell around D15

Options
  • 21-09-2020 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭

Went downstairs this morning to a foul smell. Started to worry about an internal plumbing problem but then I opened the door to put the recycling out and was hit by a blast of a foul sewage esque smell. Got chatting to a neighbour who reminded me about the treatment plant being built in Waterville park. Since then I've heard the stench goes as far as Clonsilla and Little Pace. No reply from the council on the matter. Is this what we have to look forward to, like the residents of Ringsend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Farmers spreading fertilizer whatever it is they use. Usually happens on especially nice days.

I dunno what they use these days but it seems to smell worse every year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Nearly an annual thread this - most likely cause is slurry being spread on fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Polar101

Noticed it too, I seem to remember the smell was just bad.. but this time it was definitely more sewer-ey (I don't think that's a real word).

• Registered Users Posts: 82,582 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes I got the smell earlier, is it human waste they are using?

These days, just be glad you can smell it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

Slurry as said before.
    Trying to get 1 more cut of grass for hay or silage before growing season is over for good.
    Could smell it too over in Leixlip as well today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭bassy

jackeens

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Tis farming season.

All Eyes On Rafah

Years ago slurry never smelt this bad. Even when you were on a farm. Whatever they put in it these days is horrific. Same with whatever they spray in public flower beds etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Epping Forest

Very strong around castleknock area at 6pm, had to close the windows just to breathe properly. Right at dinner time too. Mostly gone now though. Where is it coming from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

I posted earlier in the Tolka Valley thread as I was convinced it was to do with the work that they are currently carrying out there. With the slurry we'd never have to close the windows. This morning we had to, unbearable.

that wasnt slurry, that was human waste, 100%

completely different smells

and slurry isnt spread down the navan road where i can smell it

Biosolids, biosludge maybe.

I dunno what it is. But what ever they spreading smells far worst than any cattle slurry I've ever smelt.

I've been in this area for a long time. It's only in the recent years they've been spreading this. Now when they spread it, it's seems to travel over a very large areas.

There's also a lot less farmland now than there used to be in what is now Dublin 15. Back then there was never this smell. So something had changed. It's far more concentrated what ever it is. The smell also travels much further.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

The last time this occurred I spotted the source, fields behind the Barnwell train station. I could see them spreading it on the fields, looked like slurry.

I'm not sure if this is where it's coming from now but smells similar. Came in strong waves 2 days ago but disappeared and its just hit again there this morning.

Advertisement