Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Found a bagful of strings of fairy lights. My house engineer now busy checking bulbs.

Planning my colour scheme for Christmas trees already - and this year I have two extra artificial ones!

(Thank you, FreeCycle xxx)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/food/a562526/marks-and-spencer-christmas-food/

Some more of the Marks' Christmas food range. It's all making me very hungry!
    The mince pie cookies look interesting, dying to try them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Last day of September and less than a week to go until we are in the 70’s. Time is flying by!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Can't believe it's October. Whilst we'll see a few Christmassy things this month we'll be full steam ahead this time next month. Waiting for the first Christmas ad.

37439-Happy-October.png

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

OCTOBER. YESSSS. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,950 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I cannot wait for Christmas, we will be on the up for brighter days ahead. Yippee. It is all upwards from the 21/22 December.

Well it's a Sun article!
    EjMUoutXsAA7PwV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We have our first Christmas music channel. Trace urban went Christmas this morning on sky and Virgin media.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

SarahLil wrote: »
    I think I will give this ago this year

Very good.

Even do up each name on a bit of paper and let the kids pull one out of the hat each night so it’s a surprise which film goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Posy wrote: »
    OCTOBER. YESSSS. :D

Guys, I actually can't believe it's October....this has been one hell of a year and feeling a bit emotional today (:() but was just thinking that I'm taking the Friday of the Bank Holiday off - which means two 4 day weeks at the end of the month - sure that's only 3 weeks away from Friday :eek: Then we will be in.....NOVEMBER!!! The month I put up the tree!! I just can't believe it.

• Advertisement

Having read the above post had a quick look at my work calendar, we had until tomorrow to book up our remaining annual leave for the year so I know now exactly the days I'm taking off, finishing up Thursday Dec 17th this year so have a full week off before christmas & not back until Monday 4th Jan so little over 2 full weeks off altogether. The remaining days I'm taking as every second Friday off to give me some long weekends, the Mrs has done the same so we can get out & do some shopping etc. while the kids are in school (assuming the shops stay open of course :confused:)

Anyway, the long & short of it is I have 3 full weeks of work in October, 2 in November & 1 in December, the rest are either off (last week in October) or 4 day weeks.

Just a total of 51 works days left in 2020 :D doesnt sound like much when its put like that.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Have 5 days to take this year, while carrying 5 to next year and already have 6 days at Christmas booked, so finish up the 22nd till the 4th Jan. Going to take a few Fridays as well as the OH doesn't work Fridays go can do some stuff together :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well it's a Sun article!
    EjMUoutXsAA7PwV.jpg

Well we'll never run out of loo roll as long as that newspaper is in print :)

leahyl wrote: »
    Guys, I actually can't believe it's October....this has been one hell of a year and feeling a bit emotional today (:() but was just thinking that I'm taking the Friday of the Bank Holiday off - which means two 4 day weeks at the end of the month - sure that's only 3 weeks away from Friday :eek: Then we will be in.....NOVEMBER!!! The month I put up the tree!! I just can't believe it.

I have the last week in October booked off so it's a short month this month for me and my week off will fly by so before I know it, it'll be November for me too.

Tree, Toy Show, Christmas FM, Christmas Ads, I'm a celeb, November is the real MVP :P

Loughc wrote: »
    I have the last week in October booked off so it's a short month this month for me and my week off will fly by so before I know it, it'll be November for me too.

Tree, Toy Show, Christmas FM, Christmas Ads, I'm a celeb, November is the real MVP :P

We also have strictly & the business end of GBBO in November too!

DvB wrote: »
    We also have strictly & the business end of GBBO in November too!

Strictly lives start in Oct and GBBO is already flying it so that's why I excluded them but 2 staples in the Loughc Household :)

Strictly lives start in Oct and GBBO is already flying it so that's why I excluded them but 2 staples in the Loughc Household :)

Ah fair enough, I was just noting November by itself is normally a cracking month, but this year we still have GBBO running (usually finishes before then IIRC) and we actually have a strictly this year when for a good while there that looked iffy at best, so we're really doing well for November this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

We have our first Christmas music channel. Trace urban went Christmas this morning on sky and Virgin media.

Hmm the remote control may go missing once tuned in.. just for today

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

mdwexford wrote: »
    Very good.

Even do up each name on a bit of paper and let the kids pull one out of the hat each night so it’s a surprise which film goes on.

Brilliant idea
    I think I will make a start on the movies the weekend of 21st November

• Advertisement

Morning Elves, Happy October

Loving all the posts guys this morning about the annual leave and short working weeks, it is making it all seem real that after a really strange year we have Christmas coming

Christmas Food to order Marks and Spencer https://christmasfood.marksandspencer.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Not sure if already posted but Dunnes have all the Jacob's Kimberley Mikadoand Coconut creams for E8. And Aldi have loads of yummy mince pies in stock. Waist line is going to be expanding !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭tscul32

Not sure if already posted but Dunnes have all the Jacob's Kimberley Mikadoand Coconut creams for E8. And Aldi have loads of yummy mince pies in stock. Waist line is going to be expanding !!

Is it just me who can't read "Kimberley Mikado and Coconut creams" without singing "someone you love would love some"

Halloween HQ is open in Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,310 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Balls no market this year for Winterval, loved going to that. Is what it is I suppose.

'It's official - Santa has given Scrooge the boot and Winterval will be going ahead from November 13th - December 23rd!

We've had to make some changes, and unfortunately restrictions on mass gatherings mean that we won't have our Winterval Illuminates light show, Winterval on Ice or our large festival market for this year - however, with firm favourites such as the Waterford Eye, the Carousel, Ferris wheel returning, and of course, with Santa as guest of honour, there will still be plenty to see and do!

Tickets for the all new Santa experience as well as helicopter flights with Santa will drop tomorrow on Winterval.ie

Just a total of 51 works days left in 2020 :D doesnt sound like much when its put like that.

After today I only have 50 working days left in 2020. Doesn't seem to bad at all :)

After today I only have 50 working days left in 2020. Doesn't seem to bad at all :)

Same. The 51 i referenced included today... as I said sounds do-able:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Same. The 51 i referenced included today... as I said sounds do-able:D

Things getting real when you can count in days and not weeks or months :)

Advertisement