Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Into the middle 2 months, this month brings us the 199 day benchmark & the 20's in the weekly countdown too, the christmas equinox & fingers crossed a lot of good weather!!!

Lets hope so. The last couple of days has really made me realise how much i miss some warmth and sunshine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »
    Lets hope so. The last couple of days has really made me realise how much i miss some warmth and sunshine!

Dont get too used to it, the weekend doesnt look great at the moment. In fact tomorrow looks awful.:(
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Dont get too used to it, the weekend doesnt look great at the moment. In fact tomorrow looks awful.:(
    I don't mind the next couple of days looking bad. If it was constant sunshine all week, we'd be completely scuppered by the weekend.
    Fingers crossed it's at least passable weather for the bank holiday!

Finally getting the family round for dinner on Sunday and because we couldn’t last year, want to do Christmas Dinner.

Anywhere selling Christmas Crackers at the moment?
    I have a cheap box of Aldi/Lidl crackers in my house, if you're stuck, and located in Dublin, let me know! :)

Defo getting out while I can, just back from a long walk for a late lunch with the OH. Is beautiful out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Posy wrote: »
    I have a cheap box of Aldi/Lidl crackers in my house, if you're stuck, and located in Dublin, let me know! :)

Thanks for that but might not be happening. Just spent the afternoon looking for turkey in all the big butchers/ supermarkets of North Dublin. Not a sign of one, fresh or frozen. Looks like Plan B is going into action.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Thanks for that but might not be happening. Just spent the afternoon looking for turkey in all the big butchers/ supermarkets of North Dublin. Not a sign of one, fresh or frozen. Looks like Plan B is going into action.

Did you try Lidl? They often have frozen turkeys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Lidl and Aldi would your best bet if they’ve frozen ones left from Easter.
    Also I know SuperValu sometimes get them in for the Bank Holiday weekend.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy June everyone, the past couple of days weather wise have really felt the best of the summer, hopefully we can get something nice for the bank holiday.

WE'RE REACHING THE HALF WAY MARK IN THE COUNTDOWN and we all know the second half of the year just zips in.

I am so excited for Christmas this year, I'm not even accepting the idea we won't be having anything other than a normal Christmas.

Loughc wrote: »
    I am so excited for Christmas this year, I'm not even accepting the idea we won't be having anything other than a normal Christmas.

Yep, its beginning to look like a normal christmas will be had ;)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Tried a couple of Aldi’s and Lidl, O’mahonys, Tesco Clarehall and Artaine, Iceland nothing........:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Vaccine portal is open early for us younger 40 somethings!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Still a bit for myself to wait but to be fair I’m holding onto my 30’s by the skin of my teeth :D It’s my birthday month now :D Yup I’m one of those :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Jude13

Ditto on the 30's and b-day this month, time for a mid life crisis.

Autosport wrote: »
    Still a bit for myself to wait but to be fair I’m holding onto my 30’s by the skin of my teeth :D It’s my birthday month now :D Yup I’m one of those :D

You get birthday years for 0 birthdays! 40 was the best year of my life :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Jude13 wrote: »
    Ditto on the 30's and b-day this month, time for a mid life crisis.

Ah my 30's, I vaguely remember those.......

Was just saying to the OH yesterday, can't wait to do Santa visits this year. It was one of the biggest things I missed last Christmas.

The thought of it makes me giddy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I just went sale agreed on our house- it won't be ready until Q1 next year. We weren't sure when we'd be moving so I was panicking thinking we'd spent our last xmas in our current home!!

Delighted I'll be able to get lots of xmas stuff in the sales for our new place, and that we get to have one more in our first home together!

Con'grats on the new house. At least you'll have lots of time to be ready for Christmas 2022 :)

Oh fantastic news, congrats! Will you be doing any furniture shopping in preparation?

I'm wiped out and it's only Wednesday. If only it was socially acceptable to take a nap break at work :)

• Advertisement

If only it was socially acceptable to take a nap break at work :)

You mean it's not :eek::eek::eek:

You mean it's not :eek::eek::eek:

We don't have nap room, but I'm willing to bring the suggestion to HR :D

You should definitely do that. Nap rooms for everyone!

Congrats on the new house, Lollipops! :)

We don't have nap room, but I'm willing to bring the suggestion to HR :D

I have a nap room in my office. It's called my bedroom :D

I have a nap room in my office. It's called my bedroom :D

Mine was nearly my car today. Came bloody close to dozing off on my way home from westport today I was that tired. Weather was awful too, lashed rain all day.

Mine was nearly my car today. Came bloody close to dozing off on my way home from westport today I was that tired. Weather was awful too, lashed rain all day.

Hope you had the auto pilot on :)

• Advertisement

Jeez, DvB- be careful with that carry on! Stop for coffee or something if you're wrecked. Not worth the risk of an accident. :eek:

(Unless you did have auto-pilot on, then disregard) :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    Jeez, DvB- be careful with that carry on! Stop for coffee or something if you're wrecked. Not worth the risk of an accident. :eek:

(Unless you did have auto-pilot on, then disregard) :pac:

Nope. Its a nice car but i think auto pilot is a few years away yet:D

Ended up stopping in Longford for a caffeine & sugar injection!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Nope. Its a nice car but i think auto pilot is a few years away yet:D

Ended up stopping in Longford for a caffeine & sugar injection!! ;)

Glad to hear all was ok. Do you feel a little tired this week after the vaccine?
    I felt a bit jaded early in the week.

Glad to hear all was ok. Do you feel a little tired this week after the vaccine?
    I felt a bit jaded early in the week.

Doubt its the vaccine TBH, Just been working very long hours, had a lot of early starts & late nights recently. Taking tomorrow off to make it a 4 day w/e as its been crazy in work. Bringing the kids to the zoo tomorrow so looking forward to that immensely.

194348726_4261617820570234_9208538089389077911_n.png?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=da1649&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=_wBfev9GGTQAX_Ed89j&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub6-1.fna&oh=469b167a55a59b7590bb171a82b643c1&oe=60DDE070

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I love the Christmas countdown but seeing everything be that close is a little terrifying.
    I feel like it should still be March!

I feel like it should still be March!

:eek:
    I know the year is going at a nice pace but by god am I glad we're into summer... Jan-March just feels like a real 'get through this as best i can' phase for me.

:eek:
    I know the year is going at a nice pace but by god am I glad we're into summer... Jan-March just feels like a real 'get through this as best i can' phase for me.

I think half the country was like that, survival mode and pray things got better, which thankfully they have, for the majority of people. I appreciate that things are still tough for many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

We’re so close I can almost smell Christmas :D

I think half the country was like that, survival mode and pray things got better, which thankfully they have, for the majority of people. I appreciate that things are still tough for many.

I'm like that every year, with or without covid ;)

I'm like that every year, with or without covid ;)

Yea New Years till Paddies can be a bit of a struggle, weather, no bank holidays, post Christmas blues.

Yea New Years till Paddies can be a bit of a struggle, weather, no bank holidays, post Christmas blues.

Exactly!
    Always feel we're through the worst of it when we get to Easter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Exactly!
    Always feel we're through the worst of it when we get to Easter.

I agree completely. My whole extended family go away for Paddys and have done since I was little (I'm 33 now!) and we joke that when we were kids the gap between xmas and paddies seemed HUGE. Nowadays I do be barely finished cleaning up after xmas and it rolls around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Guys, is anyone else mindblown that we are in the 6th month of the year! :eek: It's just unbelievable.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

leahyl wrote: »
    Guys, is anyone else mindblown that we are in the 6th month of the year! :eek: It's just unbelievable.

Yep it’s unreal. I don’t know how we are almost halfway through the year. We’re coming into the business end of things now. :D

• Advertisement

I think I'm in a time warp, it both feels like Christmas 2020 wasn't that long ago, but then I have moments where I feel like we should be closer to Christmas 2021 than we actually are.

I'm having a glass of wine and some toblerone because it's absolutely rotten outside, and work is a living nightmare the past few weeks. I could cope with working in a hospital during a pandemic, but this cyber attack has me at breaking point. Cheers everybody :D

Aw, Eskie, it sounds horrific. :(

You deserve ALL the wine!

Sorry to hear things are tough at work Eskie. Sounds like you are medicating correctly :D

Lol thank you :D it just all got on top of me yesterday, but after a whine & wine, a good sleep, and some coffee this morning, I'm my optimistic self again. Roll on the bank holiday weekend! :)

I'm dreading boards going read only for a few days next week. Will miss this forum!!

Caranica wrote: »
    I'm dreading boards going read only for a few days next week. Will miss this forum!!

My midnight nights are going to fell weird without my countdown.
    Hopefully, I’ll be able to do we’re into the 190’s!

Caranica wrote: »

Killer for the stats!! We’ll have to make up for it later. :D

Challenge accepted.

The Christmas forum is an essential service and shouldn’t be closed!

• Advertisement

You'll have to apply some adjustment mechanism or whatever you stats nerds call it :D

Advertisement