Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

TRS30 wrote: »
    My Dad (75) buys himself a big present (usually Lego) and writes from Santa on the tag. Last Christmas this caused a lot of questions from my then 5yo about how Santa knew what to get him as he didn't write him a letter!

Little things like this sum up the magic of Christmas for me :)

What an idea...I LOVE it...defo stealing it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

200127533_4196587337115731_6699508684190464896_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8024bb&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=fDHi55CoHCAAX-7lCbi&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-2.fna&tp=14&oh=08a47b80f3efb573e93f2e310c574775&oe=60DB004A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

As was said on the Rudolph Day thread, today is hump day :)
    All downhill from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

As was said on the Rudolph Day thread, today is hump day :)
    All downhill from here.

I should have copyrighted that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

CHRISTMASFM had a message on their Instagram page today....said they are already working on making it the best Christmas ever on Christmas FM. Happy Dayz.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh yay! :)

I'm finally on the bus home after a hellish day at work. Bring on the weekend. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

CHRISTMASFM had a message on their Instagram page today....said they are already working on making it the best Christmas ever on Christmas FM. Happy Dayz.....

Wonder if they've found a new home yet, with the hotel going :'(

Oh no, I didn't know the hotel is closing?! :(

I got my first vaccine Yesterday. I'm 28 but my local health center seems to have loads of vaccines. It was weird bumping into all my old class again.
    I've a date for my second vaccine and I was think that we'll nearly be half way through the 200's when I get it.
    Also, we're half ways there!

That's good to hear, FP. :)

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    That's good to hear, FP. :)

I always connect everything to the countdown to Christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Posy wrote: »
    Oh no, I didn't know the hotel is closing?! :(

Yeah, being turned into apartments. They've known for years that it was closing this year.

A hotel becoming apartments- I'm having Celtic Tiger flashbacks! :pac:

We're closer to Christmas 2021 now than Christmas 2020!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭PaulT21

I have a couple of Christmas Puddings in a wardrobe :D Time to break one out on celebration I think :pac::pac:

Just back from a cousins 40th that he had in his back garden and fook it I hugged a good few cousins, uncles and aunts as we were leaving.
    Felt like a real treat to see people that i care deeply about and we honestly need to get back to spending time to our love ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Just back from a cousins 40th that he had in his back garden and fook it I hugged a good few cousins, uncles and aunts as we were leaving.
    Felt like a real treat to see people that i care deeply about and we honestly need to get back to spending time to our love ones.

Thats an Irish thing and a family thing.:D It not natural that we are being forced to be less sociable.:( Lets hope that the vaccine rollout continues, the crisis becomes less of a concern and we get back to the normality that you have described. While that happens, lets everyone be safe as we can!!

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Thats an Irish thing and a family thing.:D It not natural that we are being forced to be less sociable.:( Lets hope that the vaccine rollout continues, the crisis becomes less of a concern and we get back to the normality that you have described. While that happens, lets everyone be safe as we can!!

Your absolutely right Paul, Irish people being less sociable is def not a normal thing for us and I have made a ton of promises to people that we will meet up more often.
    As a matter of fact I was due my second vaccine today and no update yet on it but hopefully will get a text this week.

Yay. Full on looking/talking and thinking ahead rather than back :D

• Advertisement

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Weather really picked up yesterday and turned into a cracking afternoon. Had a boozy weekend with catching up with mates, outdoor 40th picnic lunch and some family stuff as well. Felt good to be back doing some normal stuff.

Just happy not to have the work commute this morning :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We were away camping over the weekend and had a few beverages myself, thankfully staryed dry & reasonably warm & then yesterday for our trip to the lake water slides & obstacle course at Hodson Bay the weather was glorious... great weekend had by all. Shattered getting home last night & doing all the unpacking etc. could have done with today off in reality but its holiday season in the office so theres loads out so couldn't afford that luxury.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Sounds great DvB, is on our list of place to go when the kids get a bit older.

Sounds great DvB, is on our list of place to go when the kids get a bit older.

Definitely worth going to. Even though they give you life jackets I'd still recomemnd that one of the adults going with children be confident enough with their swimming though as theres a bit of open water swimming between the slides themselves.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

These arrived Today!
    208552063_2980979442224657_8209283300221305120_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=fspZBgmTYdsAX9IdmdR&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=47b772710784a5d4d29de9acb9545b6c&oe=60DE13A4

Oh, I love the colour! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

They're gorgeous! That colour seems to be very in for Christmas 2021.

I got them on Amazon. I think they were a little cheaper when I ordered them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08HWCJYWZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

I picked up my Spiced Apple surface spray and floor cleaner in Mr. Price last week.... they also had a frosted plum scent in the floor cleaner, iirc.

I noticed their Christmas Yankee range has expanded to inclube Red Apple Wreath and Spiced Orange - I also picked up some wax melts that look to have originated in Target - Winter Fir and Fresh Fraser.

We're into the 170's!

We're into the 170's!

Slippery slope :)

• Advertisement

Made the mistake of having a look at the news....projections of the delta variant are :eek:....going to spend the rest of my day just sticking my head in the sand & dreaming of mince pies :pac:

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Made the mistake of having a look at the news....projections of the delta variant are :eek:....going to spend the rest of my day just sticking my head in the sand & dreaming of mince pies :pac:

I know, was watching some it last night. Fingers crossed we don't have go backwards with any of the restrictions etc :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Jude13

I know, the leaks to the news sites to to soften the blow. No stones to just say what they think. Nephet have the power now and it will have be pried from their claws.

I'm too angry to comment much on NPHETS latest round of scaremongering. All i will say is that it is disgraceful the way they have handled their business. Based on this they could have justifications for years to come in order to maintain restrictions that are simply not backed up by legitimate science.

Unelected power is terrifying, and they will not step our of the limelight and give up their importance, I would love to go on but tis the season to be merry

We need a little christmas!!

Jude13 wrote: »
    I know, the leaks to the news sites to to soften the blow. No stones to just say what they think. Nephet have the power now and it will have be pried from their claws.

I think you could be right :( It seems like every time there's any bit of hope of "normality", they relish in rolling out these "worse case scenarios" & I say that as someone who thinks that they have, by and large, handled the whole pandemic very well.

DvB wrote: »
    We need a little christmas!!

Now!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

We rewatched the Bourne Identity the other night and I hadn't remembered it was set at Christmas...only a very small bit of Christmas in it, a Christmas tree in the house they break into and a Christmas song playing somewhere but it was funny to notice it :)

Looks like we'll be eating outside only next week when we are aware. Fingers crossed for some good weather!!

• Advertisement

Looks like we'll be eating outside only next week when we are aware. Fingers crossed for some good weather!!

If you're staying in a hotel you can eat/drink indoors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭tscul32

Jude13 wrote: »
    Now!

Guess I'm not the only one who automatically sang that sentence in my head, instead of just reading it....

Sitting in a sunny corner if the garden. Officially 21 degrees in the area but the temp on my alarm clock is hovering at 31.9!! I am melting like a snowman (see the Christmas reference...)

DvB wrote: »
    If you're staying in a hotel you can eat/drink indoors.

AirBnB. Wouldn't subject others, trying to enjoy themselves, with my three terrors :D

AirBnB. Wouldn't subject others, trying to enjoy themselves, with my three terrors :D

That was us a few years ago. The lads are now 15, 13 and 9 and much easier to handle cos now we cam threaten them with loss of intetnet.

That was us a few years ago. The lads are now 15, 13 and 9 and much easier to handle cos now we cam threaten them with loss of internet.

We are the same....self-catering for the win here...but it's for my own sanity and no one else's :P

tscul32 wrote: »
    That was us a few years ago. The lads are now 15, 13 and 9 and much easier to handle cos now we cam threaten them with loss of intetnet.

Our 2 are 10 now & we do the same... :D its about the only thing that works!!

Happy July everybody.
    We're into the third quarter.
    Next month we'll see Christmas stuff arriving in the shops hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

Happy July everybody.
    We're into the third quarter.
    Next month we'll see Christmas stuff arriving in the shops hopefully.

I just came upon this thread :)

I'm astounded people are thinking of Christmas in June/July!

Enjoy the here and now and stop wishing your lives away, would be my advice :) I don't get this at all, but shur each to their own.

• Advertisement

I just came upon this thread :)

I'm astounded people are thinking of Christmas in June/July!

Enjoy the here and now and stop wishing your lives away, would be my advice :) I don't get this at all, but shur each to their own.

Don't look at the countdown thread!:pac:

Advertisement