Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lots missing.

is Jude on holidays in Ireland at the moment?

Otnomart from the Christmas funnies thread is definitely gone missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Think jude has been home alright... hopefully he finds his way back here, likewise otnomart... my partner in crime in the adverts forum, wouldn't be the same if they're not around. Even allowing for the time of year there's definitely posters missing.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

😂😂

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

@otnomart Did we lose you in the big move?? 😨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Sitting here having a cup of tea and have such a hankering for a selection box....must be the rainy weather making me feel a bit Christmassy 😀

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I woke up with massive Christmas feels this morning too. It’s in the air.

as is autumn 🤫🤫🤫

Autumn! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Was thinking about both Jude and Otnomart the other day and that they hadn’t been on since we restarted.

I know Jude is here on hols so hopefully will resurface when he’s ‘home’.

Same with Otnomart. Definitely need our regulars around and new converts as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Just changed my profile pic and couldn’t be happier

• Advertisement

Another solid addition to the Christmas forum avatar collection. 👌

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

The new season of Masterchef Australia started on Dave tonight.

When that finishes the Christmas Decorations will be up.

That has literally made me giddy excited!! 😃

Celebrity Masterchef starts next week. I will try and tune into a few episodes anyway. 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭Carodh

Unusual for Tesco. Normally the Christmas stock starts arriving in before the Halloween stock.

Back when I were a nipper there'd be no sign of Halloween stuff until the back to school bits had been cleared.... gets earlier every year I tells ya.

Joe.........Joe..........

Back to reality after 3.5 days off. Kids starting back to after school after being off in July. Had to wear the long sleeve top working out this morning and noticeably cooler.

Christmas is on the way!!

• Advertisement

First day back after 11 days off.... need coffee badly.... may also dip back into christmas FM classical & carols as it does indeed feel a little cooler this morning... you can tell autumn is here!!🍂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Back to work and the land of the living after Dose #2 😀 It was rough, lads...was fine until 9pm on Friday evening & then it was like I was run over by a bus. Desperate 24 hours of exhaustion, headache, chills....but all gone now bar the headache 😀

Thanks for all the kind comments about my Rudolph jumper 😍

I hear ya, CL- I felt hungover after dose 2, minus the empty wallet, fear and regret. 😂

I must have been one of the lucky one's. Other than the sore upper arm (which was worse for the first jab) I felt absolutely fine after the second jab. But I know loads of people who seemed to struggle for a day or 2 after the 2nd one, and 1 or 2 people that were floored for a week.

I felt a bit tired for a few hours, but I got off lightly compared to a small number of my colleagues. They felt like they'd a really bad flu or hangover.

• Advertisement

Yea I only had a sore arm after the second jab, now if I could get a cure for hay fever 🤒

Sore arm and felt wiped about 8 hours after however was grand after a good nights sleep. Seem to be one of the luck ones as well.

Hay fever is a curse 🤧 I find a sinus rinse helps a bit, awful method but helps keep sinusitis at bay.

Just looking at few other forums I would have dipped it and out of on here prior to the update. Seems that traffic, posters etc are down across the board. The new layout and difficulty to navigate, seems be to the common themes.

Post edited by TRS30 on

Yep I got the hangover feeling after my second jab too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Sorry, I thought this was the Christmas thread.

I can find nothing in this new site,.

This is the off topic chat thread in the Christmas forum. What can we help you with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Very quiet around here today...and at work too I've noticed....must be holiday season! Have been keeping myself busy by planning a spa night for me and my bestie....we've only been planning it for about 10 years but it looks like we might finally do it this year! 😃💆‍♀️

Think this week especially is a big holiday week as you get the whole week off and only have to use 4 days AL.

Pretty quiet in our place even though my boss always find something for me to do!!

Ye lucky ducks I’m up the walls in work. Hence my absence for most of the day yesterday.

Pretty busy myself with work but force of habit has me throwing the odd glance in here... really missing the old levels of interaction that we had before the move, such a shame we haven't recovered to anything like normal levels (missing the look as well, cant take to this bright mode at all), being back from holidays seems to have given my brain the traditional kick into looking forward to the coming season so I've a wee bit of a Christmas craving... think I'll stick on one of my Christmas podcasts later today to scratch that itch for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭antimatterx

So I got the vaccine on Friday and was absolutely dying.

One of my friends had a party that night, and I just didn't have it in me to go. He's now pissed at me for some reason. I'm thinking he's being a little bit selfish.

Anyway, it's nearly time for small bits of Christmas to start coming into my life. Living for it tbh.

🎅🎅🎅

150 days and it will be 2022 😯

For what it’s worth your friend is indeed being a bit selfish.

Hope you’re feeling better now after the vaccine.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

OK, few months to go....what will I make one of my cats for Christmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

I heard it's to get warmer later in the week but it definitely feels a bit "wintery" this morning, bit chilly! ☃️

Heard the rain banging off the window at 5am. Has stopped here now however definitely a chill in the early morning.

Well autumn is only round the corner and summer will be over in a few weeks.

Yes i am deliberately stirring it up as always seems to get the posts going (and we need them- the stats thread is going to be scary reading!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Miserable morning here. Collecting a friend from the airport this morning. Provisional plans for the day will need to be revised!

Felt the morning chill for the first time yesterday on the car on the way in to the office. It had warmed up considerably by the time I went for my lunchtime walk but that morning chill was definitely noticeable. Rain seems to have cleared off for now but the forecast for the day looks pretty miserable.

Long range forecast is for another spike in the heat for Mid August so we may yet get a nice start to the Autumn season 🍂

Was supposed to be getting my windows and front door painted today but that ain't happening....I usually like a bit of rain but I was looking forward to getting it done 😔

But, in excellent news, little man has gone from waking at 5.40 to 7.50!!! The joys of a blackout blind 😆😆

That is some increase in pace. He must be some 'walker' 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Jude13

Back from a bit of a break. Mad busy as we are setting up a new firm, so much paperwork however this new site is the real thing that has thrown me.

Is there any legacy mode?

Advertisement