Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Good to hear is not just me then! Lets hope the tree one makes it back. Loved seeing all Posy's decorations 😂

I suspect you are right however am holding on to any hope that I can that at least we can do a Santa visit this year (proper one- not behind glass/ waving at him across the room).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We were hoping to do the last ever santa visit too, the kids have informed us that they know the truth now but still want to carry on as before & keep christmas as special for us as its always been, so were looking at one last 'santa experience'... I know causey are holding off until September before announcing anything but we're hopeful it'll go ahead as normal, like yourself not interested in drive thru's or behind glass meets!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭tscul32

Would love to get a visit in too, will probably be the youngest's last as he'll be 10 in January.

Yep, it's such a short window that missing even 1 year is tough but the thoughts of missing 2 is hard to take. Elf1 will be 8 1/2 by Christmas 2022 so would only get a year or two more of her believing (hopefully that will not stop her wanting to go, like DvB guys).

Post edited by TRS30 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,933 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hopefully places have been planning events with or without the restrictions

Obv its not possible for some places with social distancing and all that but id commend any place willing to give something ago

Here in Waterford, having the full Winterval experience back would be amazing and of course having the pub times back to normal 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Jude13

I think it will be opened up by then. Most people are vaccinated and sure that doesn't stop the spread but reduces the impact. Leave it up to personal choice, have the Christmas markets etc. If you don't feel comfortable going, don't.

I have already started filling the cart on amazon for santa gifts for the little one, so far its paw patrol walkie talkies and a plastic golf club set.

Yea, I'd be happy with that approach. Have stuff open and let people decide it they want to go or not.

In saying that I have heard a couple of stories recently of people doing stupid things re putting others at risk so unfortunately not everyone can be trusted to do the right thing. This is why we can't have nice things!

Our playroom looks like a Paw Patrol shop! In fairness Elf 3 has got into it as well and is playing with it more then Elf 2 does so at least it's getting lots of use.

You see that's the common sense approach, and sadly NPHET in their devout protection of the HSE have very little of that... for all the cash we've spent as a nation to keep us going through this pandemic the HSE is no better off than it was before so we are woefully unprepared for another serious increase of hospitalisations... therefore any easing of restrictions will still be cautious, though to be fair there are plenty of rumblings of cabinet wanting easing of the restrictions to speed up considerably, so we'll just have to wait & see what their plan is next week.

On that note, I'm still amazed we're allowed have 3500 at our match tonight... fully expected it to remain at the 1500 we'd been permitted since we were allowed attend again back earlier in the summer. Great to be allowed have the place nearly half full.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Lo & behold, didn't take long after I mentioned it the other day... in After Hours yesterday....

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058205710/in-exactly-4-months#latest

Reminds me why I don't bother with AH anymore!

• Advertisement

Other than a couple of football threads I rarely bother with any of the other forums now outside our section here. I used to the odd time, but since the migration its just too much like hard work tracking/finding stuff...

Same, this and the Politics one are the only ones I look at now. Use to browse a few others however haven't bothered since the move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Aldi today....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It begins!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,853 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Yeppie, Tubs and Christmas cake stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I can’t wait to go shopping this week 😼

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

To quote Mr.T, "I pity the fool" who gives out about Christmas 😀😀

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but how can anyone in this day and age give out about Christmas???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭tscul32

I wouldn't get it, even for only £3.

Such a grumpy tshirt.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

On sale for £3- clearly wasn't a popular shirt. 😂

• Advertisement

Maybe they pay you £3 to wear it!!

Still wouldn't even for £30 (maybe for £300 with a Santa hat on 😂).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Happy Friday all!

Loving the pictures of the Christmas goodies 😁 Dunnes got a few Autumnal/Halloween decorations in this week so their Christmas stuff will be next. I'm a big fan of their Christmas decor!

We are off to the farm today for my little boy's birthday 🥰 (How is he 2 already!?)

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!!

I've been looking online at jumpers and winter coats. Bring it on!! 😁

It's a big one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I was in Dunnes yesterday, and was a bit disappointed they still had no tubs of sweets, I did start to stock up on dried fruit etc, making it my first Christmassy shop of the year! I usually make two Christmas cakes in September, and adding a few bags of fruit helps to bring up the total to make use of the vouchers! I can't wait for the smell of Christmas Cake to waft through the house 😊

It's strange seeing school uniforms around the place again. Hard to believe on next Friday the Late Late Show will be back.

I have noticed the days getting shorter.

I was writing down the date a while ago and accidentally wrote down it was June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I'm still typing/writing 2020 regularly.

Not brilliant when working on finance files :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I'm usually up at 6.20 am on weekdays and the mornings are definitely getting a bit darker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Just having a quick peep in to make sure everyone is behaving themselves 😍

Glad to see the usual faces are all well and looking forward to getting stuck into the forum at the end of September. ♥️

Post edited by Heroditas on

• Advertisement

Carraig Donn stock. We're also into the 110's!

Post edited by freshpopcorn on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I was out last night with two great friends. The part I wasn't looking forward to was dinner, Lebanese food. I'm just not a fan of middle Eastern cooking, or so I thought. OMG I had a meatball dish, cooked in a pomegranate and cinnamon reduction - they tasted like Christmas. Amazing ❤️

Ooooh- sounds fabulous! 😁

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Had a very Christmassy feeling this morning when I woke up and it was dull outside. Can feel the short evenings creeping in now.

The imminent arrival of September is making me very excited. 😁

How is it 1st September on Wednesday. Like seriously how.

I'm excited and afraid, in equal measures. 😂

I see Harrods have opened their christmas shop now too...

2 weeks on Friday is double digit day (99 days to go) so it'll be seatbelt time!!

Seems like it was 200 only the other day!

Lights going on and curtains getting drawn in the evenings now, definitely a sign.

Hope all had a good weekend.

• Advertisement

Up at 6am again this morning for the gym and my god the difference in the brightness in the mornings since last week! Dark mornings and evenings are definitely rolling in.

Up at 6am myself & was genuinely surprised at how dark it was.

Tomorrow will be my first morning driving to work with all the schools back. I started late June so missed the reality of 9 months of the year. Not looking forward to it!

Hopefully it won't be too bad as some people may still be WFH. Just give yourself plenty of time, throw on a Christmas Podcast in the car and you'll be fine :)

Had to put the lights on in the kitchen this morning for the first time at about 6.20am.

Still very dull out our way.

Gloomy enough here as well. Definitely cosy vibes in the air.

Will try to keep the shorts going for awhile yet. Haven't put on long pants in ages!

Thanks. I do a split week, some days in the office and some at home. So at least I don't have to face it 5 days a week!

I'm the same, 3 days in the office one week, 2 days in the office the next... I leave around 6.45am so the traffic isn't too bad & I get into the office for anything between 7.30 & 7.30, but getting home in the evening is another story altogether... traffic has been brutal for the last 2 or 3 weeks & is getting worse, this time last year it never took more than 40-45 minutes, now its taking 75-90 minutes every day. Doesnt matter what time i leave it its just bumper to bumper along the canal or along the quays, have tried a few different routes and its the same on them all.

• Advertisement

Oh my god, stop!! 2 weeks to double digits. 😮

Very dark and dull this morning, already seeing a noticeable change in brightness levels!!

Advertisement