Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭jellybear

🤣🤣 Didn't need to object in the end! Had a lovely day...food was unreal!!! Planning a very chilled out day here. Currently watching Toy Story with little man.

Hope everyone has a lovely day 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Great that you had a nice time. It must be wedding season as our next door neighbours have just gone off to one there now and hopefully the weather holds up as it's a fantastic day here so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Chucking it down again in Co Wexford, in for the day apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

It was a rotten day down here. The beach where i go swimming had surfers on it today - mad waves. Getting a bit brighter now though.

@jellybear - glad you enjoyed the wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Morning all, hope all had a nice weekend.

Work has been hectic lately so not been around as much as I would like. Busy weekend as well getting stuff done around the house. Was suppose to have a birthday party from nephew yesterday however both him and his sister had positive antigen tests. Seems all the teachers in their school have it and a large number of pupils have it. Poor guy, misses marching in the St. Patricks day parade as well.

Turned wet here after a dry start. Must be one of the wettest March in a long time so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Ah that's a shame, TRS, hopefully they aren't sick with it. So hard on the kids when they miss out on things they've been looking forward to. Our middle elf is getting Dose 1 of the vaccine today - looking forward to having another person vaxxed in the house.

Traffic has been very slow the last few days on this thread, everyone is just up to their eyeball's busy it seems.

Finally got to see the latest Spiderman film over the weekend, now i know it's not a Christmas movie 😄. It is set at Christmas time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We went to see it a while back, really enjoyed it I have to say.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Elf 2 is really into superhero's. Am going to take a couple of days off over Easter and said we could make a start on the Avengers movies. Have seen some of them however some I missed so looking forward to trying to watch them all over the coming months.

It really has gone very quiet in here the last week or two. I haven't been popping in as regularly as before but normally when that happens theres loads of new posts, but there's only been the odd one recently. Not sure if this is a common time for traffic to die off (it'll take some @Loughc stats to confirm) but seeing as we're approaching the clocks going forward, St. Patricks Day & easter its probably understandable that any residual post christmas enthusiasm has waned by now.

Just a case of waiting for the Christmas 2022 energy to start building now 😉

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭gidget

Been in the same boat as everyone else work wise, although have been keeping updated on the forum nightly. Was working on a huge task all last week, that had a deadline by Friday, so can relax a bit better now that’s out of the way. Cannot wait for this extra long weekend, going to take it easy on St Patrick’s Day, but planning on taking a drive out somewhere nice with the dog for an extra long walk & maybe stop off for something to eat outside.

Can't wait for the long weekend as well, a cousin of mine has arranged for a gang of us to meet up on Friday for a few beers.

It only happens every few years so really looking forward to catching up with cousins I rarely see.

That sounds lovely @Littlehorny! Planning dinner with my best friend this week...I haven't seen her since September!!!

It's also my husband's birthday this week so that means cake!!😄😄

Looking forward to him being off Thursday and Friday. It's great how the extra bank holiday has fallen this year! Between minding our toddler all day and being pregnant, I look forward to any time my husband has off!!🤣

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

March does drop off indeed but this is particularly quiet.

I think life is rushing back to normal at breakneck speed and work and personal life is taking over.

Just finished another month end in work so thankfully I won’t be as busy but then the bank holidays will be a distraction as well.

I have missed popping in but I’m sure things will settle down soon for myself and everyone else 🙂

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Loved it myself. I’m a sucker for all the superhero movies myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m on my holidays at the moment so I’m not on line as much but I am going to try and be online more this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭tscul32

Haven't been online in ages. Been busy with work, double jobbing for a while there and doing an evening course while also trying to sort out the house so we could sell it we ever find something to buy.

Had friends over for dinner at the weekend, similar ages kids and it was so lovely to act normal again. Of course their son tested +ve the next day so ours are all back in masks for school for the week and testing every few days but at least it's only a short school week for them.

Work an family life has been taking up a lot of my time lately. Still pop in daily to catch up however just a quick visit at the minute. Hopefully things will calm down a bit after Paddy's and can online a bit more.

While life has gotten extremely busy I am grateful, I'm grateful to be busy in work and I'm grateful I'm busy at the weekends having people visit me and having the ability to go visit family and friends.

The lockdowns were a nice break but it is nice eing free to travel around and meet with friends and family members.

• Advertisement

Very true Loughc, I'm so grateful to be able to mix with family and friends again! We've a relatively quiet long weekend lined up - parade on St. Patrick's Day which I'm actually really looking forward to! We haven't been to a parade since 2018 as we missed the 2019 as I was quite ill at the time - so our elves haven't ever really been to a parade that they remember!

Down in westport today and it's miserable. 3 hour drive with rain for the last half of that, grey, cold and wet... I'm already looking forward to the drive home.

Hope it stays in the West - I just put a wash out!

Safe travels buddy. Nice here at the minute however weather seems to be so changeable at the minute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭tscul32

Supposed to be nice here for thurs and fri. Have a local parade and fireworks display on those days so hope it stays that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Tuned into the ChristmasFM Ap to try and escape all the doom on normal radio. They have Irish music on til the 18th A good mix of songs. Have a gr8 Loooong weekend all ....

Last day of work until next Tuesday 🎉 Roll on 5pm! Kids gone into school today for La Glas & they've a bake sale too for Ukraine so sounds like a great day for them - will be pulling them off the ceiling later on no doubt 😋

Same here, Elf2 went in with 50c clamped in his hand to buy a cake 😂

There were all up at 6am with the excitement of the next few days. As you said will be impossible to get them to bed later!!

Well, colds have made a return to our house anyway. Genuinely cant remember the last time I had a head cold, but all 4 of us came down with a heavy cold this week. All antigen tested (me twice) and its not covid, so its a solid return of the head cold 🤧

Smothering in work here today, thankfully the office is sparsely populated today as so many have taken this week off so not impacting anyone really. Have plenty on this weekend though so raging that I'll have to get through it all with a heavy cold insitu!!

Hope you're feeling better soon @DvB. Not to be 'that person' but just be extra cautious. Have a family member with head cold symptoms who's tested just positive, 3 days after symptoms started. They had negative antigens for the first 2 days.

Hope you and your family are feeling better soon!🙂🙂

• Advertisement

Ah, tested on days 2 & 4 after symptoms and not so much as a trace... I've already had Covid & am fully vaccinated so suspect at this stage its just a cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

@DvB hope the cold shifts quickly and you can enjoy the long weekend.

Have a great long weekend everyone. Weather seems to be set fair so hopefully we can all get out and enjoy it.

Going to take a few days off screen time so will catch up Monday.

Hope everyone has a lovely few days - it's nice to see that people are getting out and about and hopefully the weather will hold up.

@DvB - hope ye are all feeling better soon.

Post edited by Cork Lass on

Hope you feel better soon @DvB

Went to the beach today and it was like a summers day ☀️ I have no interest in parades so tomorrow I’ll be heading to the mountains 🏔

Enjoy everyone whatever you do 🍻🍻🥂🥂☕️🎂

Wow what a day. 6am start and am only really stopping now. Wrecked. Have a fantastic super st Patrick’s day weekend everyone. Now with 100% more st Patrick.

another milestone knocked off the list on the road to Christmas!!

New tournament incoming soon…. 👀👀👀

Happy St.Patricks Day everyone, hope you all have a great time this weekend ☘️☘️☘️

Happy paddy's day folks, have a good one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Screenshot from Instagram... Not mine (I can spell 😂) but it sums up this weekend pretty well.

Happy St Patrick's Day everyone ☘️

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy St Patrick’s Day everyone

Good morning all. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day, hope no-one is suffering too much after yesterdays celebrations.

Beautiful few days here 👍 Hope everyone is out enjoying themselves 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭gidget

Hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday and belated Patrick’s Day greetings.

Made the most of the today’s day off with a drive out to Russborough House & park with the dog and enjoyed a walk around the estate & trail, weather was fabulous. All going well until the dog discovered some fox poop before I saw it and rubbed his face in it, which resulted in a detour on the way home to Blessington Lake for him to have a splash about in order to wash him out before the drive home. Got a chipper dinner when we got home so relaxing now with a hot chocolate waiting for Googlebox & whatever movie takes my fancy on Netflix.

Planning on heading out to Howth on the train tomorrow for a few hours and just relax, thankfully another sunny day on the cards.

What a beautiful day today. It was even warm in the sun today.

Could get use to this double bank holiday. Massive Christmas vibes keep thinking it’s Sunday. No idea what day it is haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭A cup of te

Belated Happy St Patrick's Day to everyone. To echo what others have said - isn't it just so great to be able to go places and be with friends and family again. I really want to go to the parade next year. I have actually never been to one in my 3 decades on this planet. My contribution to St Patrick's Day was to bake Guinness bread from the Odlums recipe and it turned out really well. I only put in 2 tbsp of the brown sugar rather than 4 so you could taste the Guinness a bit more but it was nice nevertheless.

You can't keep me in this year. I am out and about every other day and night and it's brilliant. The year is flying by meaning Christmas is getting closer and closer :-) We've the first quarter of the year basically done! What I am so looking forward to this year is having the proper Christmas buzz again with parties and days and nights out coming up to Christmas.

Couldn't agree more - we need a weekend like this every month.

Another smasher of a morning out there, just back from a run and it is glorious (my legs less so) so make the most of the last of the looooong weekend!

This time next week the clocks will have gone forward too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Raining here and grey. Hopefully it clears up so we can get out for a walk. It's like Christmas with all this time off you wouldn't know what day it is.

Advertisement