Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ah that sounds lovely! 🙂

Couple of mental days in work, so didn't have a second to check in! And our AC is broken, so it's like a sauna, to add insult to injury. 😂

Seen a girl draped in the Norwegian flag in Dublin City centre earlier, and a while later spotted someone wearing Norwegian flag bunting. Turns out today is Norway Day; hope you've all enjoyed it. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Morning all

Bit of a better start today so hopefully stays dry.

Hump day already on the hurtling express that is 2022..........

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭hayse

Had to light the fire last night the winter is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Ah it's brilliant! The kids just love it...highly recommend it!

Yes, everyone I know who has gone has said it's brilliant and great for the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭BK5

Was talking to someone who has been to Centre Parcs for Christmas and they are going again this year and he said it is magical, they do a great job.

Yep, I know someone who said the same! Was talking to them a few days before Christmas & he said he was feeling apprehensive about going as he loved Christmas at home etc (like most of us here...fond of tradition 😉). They had such a great time that they came home on December 27th and immediately booked it again for this year!

Not sure I'm quite ready for the Christmas away from home, especially after what happened last Christmas. However I'm sure it will happen at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Same, though I've no choice for this coming one thanks to my brother in law's upcoming nuptials!!

Post edited by DvB on
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I'm sure you'll have a great time and at least you'll all be together, which is one of the main things about Christmas.

Don't know if the lousy couple of days weather wise we've been having but I'm feeling a bit Christmassy today, even had Christmas FM Classical on when I was cooking the dinner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

🥳🥳🎉🎉🎉

Morning all

Another bright sunny start here, suppose to get up to 17 degrees today as well.

Can see the weekend on the horizon.

Have a good day guys.

It's a lovely day now, I hope we get a bit of sun for the weekend now too!!

• Advertisement

Lets hope so. Always use to bug me when the weather was nice Mon-Fri and then bad at the weekend 😡

Does it not bug you now? 😁

Haha, actually not as much as since I've been WFH I can often get out more and take advantage of the weather if its good during the week.

Morning all

Happy Friday, another week nearly done!

Started nice here however starting to drizzle now and rain forcast :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Happy Friday 😊

The weeks really are flying in, hard to believe we're nearly at the end of May.

Looks like today's weather is following the usual formula, cloudy and wet during the day, then brightening up for the evening. I'd much rather that than the other way around though.

• Advertisement

Turned wet here now, at least the farmers will be happy 😂

This has been a rough week, I'm having McDonalds for lunch for the second time in four days! 🙃

Happy Friday everyone and hope you all have a great weekend!!

20 weeks done already this year 😮

I'll be a damn sight happier when we get this monster tender pack issued (already accepting an addendum will need to be issued next week, which means more changes!! = more work!!) but am delighted that once I leave here at whatever time this evening I wont be going anywhere near anything work related until Monday & with us invited in to our neighbours tomorrow who are having a party for their daughters communion I intend to kick back & relax a tad... with beer!

Hope everyone has a decent weekend of it anyway... not long until we're into the 20's in the weekly countdown and the 100's on the daily one either!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Sounds like we are all hanging on for the weekend!

Have a good one guys.

Didn't finish up until nearer 6 than 5, but still- woohoo! 😁

Getting a Chinese in about an hour, does everyone get a take away on a Friday evening here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Always, but I try to go gym before hand to somehow negate it 😬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

We're more of a midweek takeaway house....Tuesday's mainly! Find it harder to motivate myself to cook then for some reason. Also, our Dominos' code only works Mon-Thurs 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Saturday would normally be our takeaway night. Breakfast in town on Saturday morning, something very small at lunch and then a takeaway in the evening - happy days.

• Advertisement

I don't get a weekly takeaway at all. 😖

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭tscul32

I used to do it nearly 20years ago, but now the kids are older we can't get away with it. And last family Indian takeaway was nearly €80 so definitely not a weekly occurence. Have told the boys we'll hit McDonalds tomorrow though as OH will be out and he's not a fan. He also usually cooks on Saturdays and I don't fancy having to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Yeah they have got very expensive weekly. Our weekly Chinese for 5 adults is €60. It was <€40 a few years back.

Not massive takeaway house however when we do is usually a Sat, especially if we have been out all day and neither of us feel like cooking.

He doesn't... like... McDonalds?! Is it too late for you to start seeing other people? 😂

My local Chinese has gone up at least a euro or so per meal. I don't get Indian (drool) too often but I find it a lot more expensive! My regular one send 15% off codes from time to time, and it makes it a lot more reasonable.

Indian is significantly more expensive, but worth it imo.

Oh definitely. It's so fresh and flavoursome and just generally delicious!

Plus I can never get enough poppadoms. 😋

Myself and the wife back from a lovely dinner and a couple of drinks, this can't happen every week alright. Between a take away on Friday and dinner out today over a 100 smackers gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

We got sushi last night. I work a normal hours job but my boyfriend can be in any day so we never have a concrete takeaway day. It's definitely the most expensive take away we get ,easily 60 euro, but we never feel sick, overly full or bloated after it and it's relatively healthy compared to our other takeaway choices.

When we first bought our house I wasn't as used to cooking so takeaways were a bit more common when an attempt at dinner went sideways.😋

• Advertisement

Morning all

Hope you all had a nice weekend.

Nice start here, lovely and sunny and warm.

Was out for dinner and a few drinks Saturday night with another couple. Was lovely to get out and have food handed up to you, not have to clean up, not pick up dropped food from one of the kids and generally just be able to relax and have proper adult conversations. Was out till 1am which is the latest ive been up in ages!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

All this talk of takeaways is making me hungry for one and it's only 10.40am on Monday! We have fewer takeaways since we moved in March mostly because there are none near us and we'd have to drive to collect it. However we do tend to eat out a bit at the weekends so we still get some nice food that wasn't cooked by us 😂 Trying to lose a few lbs though so we might have to cut down on that too :o

We're the same, we try not to eat too many takeaways. Mostly because by the time the kids go to bed, it's too late to be eating a takeaway. I have digestive issues too so try to avoid eating too much grease anyway! That said, Mr. CL doesn't really cook so if I go on strike, we tend to get one then

Haha, sounds very similar to us! OH doesn't like eating late at night and if she says she doesn't feel like cooking and isn't in the mood for my culinary master class then takeout it is.

Morning all

Happy Tuesday.

Nice bright start here again. lets hope it stays like this. Weather has been so up and down lately, sunny one minute and lashing the next!

Same here, except it's freezing out! Just went out to put the clothes on the line & I was skint again I was done! Wish the weather would make up it's mind what it wants to do - we had thunder, lightening and torrential rain last evening for over an hour, then it was warm and sunny again!

• Advertisement

Same, very heavy and prolonged rain last night out of no where. Only plus side is it saved me having to water anything in the garden!

Cant believe we're nearly into June though, was great last night seeing it still bright at 10pm and we still have 4 weeks until the longest day of the year too... love the brighter nights of summertime.

The weekend is potentially to be the warmest of the year so far 'allegedly' anyway... be even better if it stays dry too!! Nowt worse than warm 7 wet weather, hate that muggy mix.

WFH today after getting that monster tender out on Friday, still have some bits to follow up on it but hugely relieved to finally get it out. Under slightly less pressure now (for a whole week!!) so have some classical & carols on in the background to help stay relaxed.

Good to hear things have eased off a bit buddy, I know what it can be like when work becomes all consuming and you're constantly under pressure. I'm sure no one will begrudge you a few quieter days, you've earned it!

Lashing here again...am going to get soaked on my walk now...contemplating bringing a bar of soap with me and killing two birds with one stone 😜

My brother in law does that with the car, when it's about to lash he runs out and puts soapy water all over the car and then lets that rain wash it off!

• Advertisement
Advertisement