Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

5.45, ouch!!

I could do with a nice new patio- what's he doing next week, @tscul32 ? 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭Jude13

I needed a little pick me up so listened to the podcast 'we need a little christmsas now' on the way to work today. Hope all is well in forum land. Getting into the 40s here, looking forward to getting out of the desert over the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Morning All,

How amazing is the weather?! We had a glorious day yesterday on Clogherhead beach...even managed a sea swim. I think I may be a convert...but most likely only in the fair weather months! Can't believe it's the week of the June Bank Holiday already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm loving how consistent this weather has been. It's been days since I've brought a jacket or jumper anywhere just in case!

Looks like it'll be sticking around for the bank holiday. We're getting the exterior of the house painted on Thursday and when we booked it in I was dreading it being cancelled due to rain so this is perfect.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Perfect weather indeed for painting it’ll be dry as it’s being painted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭tscul32

Not as warm here today, but still blue skies. Another lovely walk this morning to wake me up. And I've just clicked submit on my last assignment before the summer hols, so time to relax now. Think I might sleep for a week (although I'll wait until its raining again).

I strongly suspect he'll still be laying our own slabs 😂

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We are so close to being in the 100's in the countdown and the 20's in thew weeks, where has the year gone!!

Also @TRS30 where the heck are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Next monday is 29 weeks, Friday week is day 199!!! Getting close to the tipping point!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I finally finished the last of my Christmas cake yesterday. It was delicious. It is just as tasty in the sunshine as it is in mid winter!

Reminding me that we still have a pudding and a half here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭pigtail33

We have a decent lump of pudding left too. It hadn't been wrapped up properly though, so it has completely dried out. I'm not usually one for hot Christmas pudding with custard, but I'll have to do something with it as I refuse to throw it out!

I love hot Christmas Pudding with Custard...but it's impossible to think about in this good weather! I must actually check my puddings and make sure they are ok and don't need the wrappings changed. It's highly unlikely we'll get through them before this Christmas so want them to last as I'm not throwing them out only to make more for this Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Couldn't agree more - this year has wings on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'm not a fan of the summer really, so I'm living for Autumn and Winter again.

Happy June everybody.

Into the middle 2 months as of today!!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭BK5

Yes, halfway point this month, Christmas in July next month, Brown Thomas Christmas shop the month after that.

It's almost time to put the tree up! 😅

• Advertisement

Happy first of June everyone. Half way mark fast approaching.

I can't believe that it's June already. 😯

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I have 2 course's I have to take by end of year, I said to myself I will get these out of the way early and have then done by march now June and still not done because iin my mindset it's still march, this year is going to fast, but I always put off things I have to do but don't want to do . I'll be here in November saying still not done them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭gidget

First Christmas related purchase of the year (I say purchase, but it's more pre-ordered via Amazon). Thought I would share, in case anyone else may be interested in pre-ordering also, as it's due for release on 31 August.

In case anyone else has any family/friends popping by over the Christmas period who are coeliac and struggling for ideas. My nana's coeliac so I like to find extra ideas to keep her included food wise, I already have her first two books, so was glad to discover there was a Christmas related cookbook on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

You'll get there when the time is right. Best of luck with them.

Bought my first Christmas pressie on Friday. Got a Lego Groot to add to the eldest's Christmas pile.

• Advertisement

Nice! I wouldn’t mind a Lego groot myself! Still tempted by the Lego White House and I’m almost 40 😂😂

He'll be 18 before Christmas but I can't see him ever not enjoying a Lego set. And he already has the Whitehouse.

My OH bought himself some Lego earlier this year, and he has 10 years on you.... you're never too old for Lego.

What summer Bank Holidays are made for...

Had friends over for drinks and nibbles, then kids toasted marshmallows

Happy June Bank Holiday everyone, hope you all have a great day.

After all the bank holidays that come in the first half of the year, it's mad to think that there's only two left between now and Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Morning all. On hols at the moment, weather nicer at home though. Bought a Christmas decoration yesterday to add to my storytelling Christmas tree. Love how so many places seem to realise that they're as attractive a souvenir as a fridge magnet!

• Advertisement

Weather is definitely beautiful here but it's still really nice to be away from daily routine - hope you're enjoying your holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Just checking in to see how everyone is, weather is too beautiful to be inside and my to be read pile of books is getting smaller 👍

Happy Bank Holiday!!!

Absolutely glorious weather, just waking up to a blue sky every morning is so wonderful. Just getting ready to sit down to a bbq dinner 😎, long may it last.

Absolutely fab weekend, it was just glorious, what bank holidays should be about! We took it very easy & chilled out at home in the garden.

Wow, just realised tomorrow we're at day 200 on the countdown, and as of Friday are into the 100's... Nect time we reach one of these milestones will be double digit day in September, and we all know how fast that last stretch goes... make the most of the summer folks as we reach the top of the hill very soon!!

The last 100 days have just flown by alright, don't forget the next Rudolph Day in a couple of weeks, that'll be the halfway point 😬

And just like that we are at day 198 to go. What the heck. It was 299 yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭antimatterx

It bloody was and roll on day 99! January didn't to last 3 months long this year for some reason.

3 things have made the year seem so quick for me personally, 1. Work has been manic, days are a blur. 2. Turned 50, so I'm old as s**t 😂 and 3. managed to get a holiday in the sun in April and have another coming in July, it really does break the year up.

• Advertisement

Just checking in to see if everyone is still alive 😁 - it's been so quiet on here for the last while. Hope everyone is enjoying the weather.

I tried typing in here yesterday but genuinely was melting

Some weather tho it’s been amazing.

Definitely, the humidity yesterday was off the scale, not so bad today. In fairness though we seem to be getting some decent summer weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Finding hard to sleep so humid, seem to wake up between 5/6 every morning, toss and turn till alarm goes off at 11.30

I spent the evening sitting in the garden playing live heardle with the Depeche Mode concert 😆

That was after our last Cubs meeting of the year, hot dogs and mayhem. But I am glad to have my Wednesday evenings back for a couple of months.

Lucky you, have always liked Depeche Mode. We used to go to Malahide Castle regularly when we lived in Dublin, which was 22 years ago now, time fly's.

Speaking of time flying, we are halfway through June already 😮. Longest day of the year less than a week away.

You can tell we're close to the longest day too, it was still bright at 10.30 last night & it was bright enough at 4.30am this morning too... love the longer days with the extra light, makes you feel like theres more than just work, which can be the case in winter.

Yeah, as much as I like winter, the sunny days are amazing. The winter months can feel very 'work, sleep, work, sleep rinse repeat...' I hope it doesn't get too bad for the weekend now and we get a bit of sunshine for it! 🤞

• Advertisement

It wasn't supposed to rain until tonight ☹️

Advertisement