Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No doubly into the quiet period of the season. The quietness peaks at summer then picks up again from August onwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'm the same, each kid has had stuff on Saturday and Sunday so today is chores at a more relaxed pace.

I've the upstairs windows opened and kids beds stripped back to give a nice airing, uniforms are already washed, so once beds are remade all essential tasks are done, the rest is pottering.

Alot of threads I frequent have been fairly quiet the last couple of weeks.

Regulars will always be regulars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Looks like the weather has turned, forecast has rain for our match now this afternoon... typical!

Just back from a walk and it got duller and duller as we walked.

Roll on summer!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Advertisement

Only way we can tell the seasons these days. How cold the rain is 😀

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I miss the son san soon sun. I can barely remember what it was like to be warm at this stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Sale agreed 😬😬😬😬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭antimatterx

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭BK5

Congratulations @Smell the glove, very best of luck.

Scrubbed the decking in the back garden and hosed it down, had the garden furniture piled up under a cover so unwrapped it and set it up on the decking this morning. Wife said to me - you've jinxed it now, it's going to rain. And right on que it starting pi**ing down! 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭gidget

Watching all the parades nationwide & worldwide on the news, I actually would love one year to pop down to the parade down in Dingle that starts off at 6am. It looks like great craic altogther, despite the early start, but sure that can be forgiven if it's as good as it looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Massive congratulations!!! Delighted for you!😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,891 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When looking st houses did you plan where the Christmas tree would go?

Congratulations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Congrats Smell the glove. Hopefully you have a smooth process to moving in day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend! We had a nice chilled one - usual sporting activities on Saturday, headed to the parade on Sunday, then had some friends over for dinner in the evening. Had a really chilled day yesterday, actually felt really long as we were up early & the kids were outside playing from about 10am as it was so lovely out.

Cheers everyone. Fast enough process. Head is still all over the place. We were only approved last week and now we are sale agreed. Can't really wrap my head around it.

Currently checking the photos of the inside of the property I have to come up with Christmas decorating ideas 😂😂

Make sure you have plenty of sockets. 😁

• Advertisement

Christ, another wet and miserable day, so sick of rain at this stage. Genuinely can't remember the last time we had a day without rain at some stage.

Had hopes for an improvement after paddy's day but nope, forecast is pretty depressing for the next few days as well... May need to make a sacrifice to the sun god soon!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

You need to come west for a few days @DvB it's surprisingly bright and sunny here today

Heading to Westport & Sligo tomorrow/Friday with work so hopefully it'll be dryer than here.... though that would be a first for Westport if the last 12 years of going up & down are anything to go by 😆

All messing aside, hoping it is drier as the drive to Westport/Sligo in constant rain is depressing, on a clear sunny day its the opposite & I quite enjoy it so fingers crossed its the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

As one of my girlfriends is originally from Sligo we go back there a lot. There is an ongoing joke in our family mostly between me and the kids that it does not matter how sunny it is driving from Maynooth to Sligo - the moment we cross the bridge in Carrick on Shannon it is either going to be raining on the other side - or it will very quickly start raining.

The sheer number of times this joke has turned out to be true compared to how often it is false is where the amusement comes from. I reckon 8 times out of 10 we cross that bridge and we quickly find rain. It's like some magical divide that the rain can not cross and so it just waits for you on the other side.

Going there for easter weekend as it happens. Our whole family love us the two beaches (strandhill and rosses point) and our two hill walks (Knocknarea and Ben Bulben) and getting in some kayaking past where the seals do their sun bathing.

I need a nice new 21km and 42km running route for that weekend if anyone knows the good ones.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Oh hopefully you get a good day for it!

@[Deleted User] there are both a 10k and a half marathon on Easter Monday in Carney if that is of any interest: https://www.oxfield.ie/carney10k.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

You know, I think I might just do that. Thanks.

Nice and bright here for now, although it was miserable earlier on.

• Advertisement

Has brightened up here in the city centre as well, just back from a quick 20 minute walk, hopefully it stays dry & I'll get out for a longer walk with the Mrs later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've bedclothes on the line. Don't know where I'm getting the optimism from!

I'm off to Spain tomorrow for a hens and it's as though the world knows because every bit of work popping up has an urgent/critical deadline for today.Haven't packed, have to plan out outfits (there's themes), still have to go to shops.I'm just glad my flight is tomorrow afternoon so if all else fails I have the morning.

If it helps, I didn't put any washing on the line & I regret my lack of optimism - it's been a lovely day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Congrats @Smell the glove, look forward to seeing your Christmas pics.

Enjoy the hen weekend in Spain @Aisling(",).

I'm just home from having an epidural so I’m in bed taking it easy but it’s a cracking day here, glorious sunshine 🌞.

• Advertisement

Enjoy the weekend in Spain @Aisling(",) . I'm not heading to the sun till Sept this year so I'm jealous as hell. 😄

Hope all is good @Cork Lass. Very best wishes.

Crappy start to the day but it is supposed to get better after 10am here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭tscul32

I'm off to Kilmainham for a tour with a bunch of 16yos today, nice break from the school day. And tomorrow evening I'm off to wicklow with my cub scouts for a hostelling weekend. Then 2 weeks to recover from it all 🤪 Hoping for a dry weekend at least.

Beautiful morning here in westport, forecast is for rain later (surprise surprise) but nice to look at a blue sky over breakfast.

Absolutely cracking morning here! It's windy and cool, but the sun is shining and there's not a cloud to be seen in the sky! I've a few days off next week & the week after for the Easter Hols so it would be just lovely if this was to continue!

How I feel about the weather lately!!

• Advertisement

I'm having my morning outside coffee by a lake in wicklow. Just me, a million birds chirping and the sound of the water lapping at the shore. Spring is definitely here. Bloody cold though, 4 with a feel of 1.

That sounds lovely. I know what you mean about the cold, I was out walking the last few mornings and it was beautifully sunny but bitter cold. I love the bird activity at this time of the year.

The mornings when camping are the absolute best times.

The crispness, the peace, easing yourself into the day

The peace is long broken now, 15 kids and 4 teens are up 😄

Def feels like winter again the last few days, real chill in the days and evenings.

Was getting my hair cut yesterday morning and the young girl cutting it was from Ukraine. She has been living in Ireland a few years and still couldn't get her head around the Irish weather, she said - sometimes it feels like it's Autumn all the time. I had to agree a bit to be honest.

Good morning everyone, it’s another wet one here in the south. Got up to go for a walk to try to undo some of the overindulgence of the weekend. I had a three day celebration for my milestone birthday so realistically I’d need to walk to Dublin and back but what the heck 🥳. Hopefully the rain won’t get too heavy. Have a good week everyone, chocolate day and a long weekend are fast approaching.

Couldn't believe how bright it was getting up at 5.30 this morning, then leaving the house at 6.20 it was totally daylight. First time I've noticed that this year. I know it'll change at the weekend with the clocks going forward but still, love seeing the brighter days. Be even better next week with the brighter evenings.

Wish the rain would do one though, sick of it. We had another match cancelled at the weekend due to unplayable pitches as they're simply getting no time to recover with the constant rain. We've had 5 of our 8 games so far postponed due to the weather making pitches unplayable. So frustrating.

Happy Monday all! Kids are just getting ready to go to camp - still can't believe it's the Easter Holidays. We checked when Easter will be next year & it's not until April 20th! From one extreme to the other!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Kinda scary how well the Amazon algorithm knows me, well, apart from thinking I might have any interest in buying Holly Dolly Christmas. I got this e-mail from them yesterday!

• Advertisement
Advertisement