Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

1339340341342343345»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭tscul32

OH is setting the first stove fire of the season, both feeling the cold this evening.

The eldest elf had ordered computer parts to the Oohpod in Jonesboro so we popped into Newry while we were there. Christmas everywhere. Got advent calendars for all of us and the dog as well as a few other bits (including a jumper for the dog). It was nice to walk up and down the aisles with all the red and white😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,880 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Local Cafe/bakery put up their Christmas ordering list!

Post edited by freshpopcorn on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is there any DJs on the station or just a playlist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Picked up the salted caramel gonks in Aldi and littlest elf said 5/10.

Moved on to Aldi peanut butter Christmas trees and littlest elf said they were a solid 10/10!!

😂 Have no idea where they got that from 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭A cup of te

Got the Cherry Liquers in Aldi. I'm trying to think outside the box for my first Christmas in my first ever house. I still haven't moved in but hoping to be in by November. The tubs just don't have any magic anymore so I'm looking at other types of sweets. Have the cherry liquers, Toblerone, after eights, lily o briens crispy hearts so far. Some 7 Up tins and prosecco frizzante.

I'm broke but want to do outdoor Christmas lights. I noticed the box of outdoor lights I got in tesco yrs ago say they must be plugged in indoors. I may ask ye for advice on outdoor lights. I've never had them before. I got an outdoor box put on the house for lights and yet most say lights to be plugged in indoors!

Got gifted a Halloween decoration today which I'm delighted with. I've been listening to Christmas songs all week. Really getting into the mood since Strictly is back!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Fully automated i think, havnt listened yet this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Miserable day here and have the house to myself for a while. Put on Sleepless in Seattle. Never seen it but know it's set at Christmas so put it on because I have the feels.

Post edited by Smell the glove on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Pissing it down here in Waterford

Jesus got a bit of a fright seeing the 'Christmas Countdown' it's only 87 days away. Where has the time gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭BK5

Horrible day here, just me and the youngest in the house. Flew down to Dunnes and picked up a Shepherds Pie for us, ideal day for it (I'm too lazy to make a stew from scratch 😊).

Didn't see any mince pies in Dunnes yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Yeah, same. Was in lidl yesterday and they had no Christmas goodies out either.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Miserable day, sat here watching the football in front of the stove.

I've seen no Christmas sweets in the supermarkets yet, but I'd imagine they'll start to flow in over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,880 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Saw these

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hard to believe Tuesday is the start of October and the last month out of season!

We’ve really made it!

Yeah it's mad to think about how far into the year we are now.

Got a great deal for a hotel in central London for the darts in December. £55 for the night, great price for the location. It's not the ritz but it's still 'London at Christmas'

https://cromwellinternational.co.uk/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Several GAA matches cancelled, always a sign it's bad because it takes a lot to call that off. 😄

Oooh, the darts- nice!! 😁

Could only get tickets to the afternoon session but suppose have the evening to explore the sights of London and of course more beer

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Andrew93

What's the process for getting tickets to the world champs? I have said for a couple years I want to do it so would hope to get things lined up to try next year.

I wish ours had of been, u13 girsl playing camogie in gale force wind & (sideways) torrential rain, ridiculous it went ahead. A miserable experience for everyone.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Back to work today after two weeks off. The usual first day back and couldn't connect to my machine for three hours! The weather is definitely a lot more wintry. The wet, windy and grey days really don't inspire you to do much.

I thought there would be more Christmas products in the shops by now. My local Dunnes still just has the tubs and a few shelves of chocolates. I did spot one stand with mince pies, but I'm sure they'll be adding plenty in the next few weeks. Lidl only had the tubs, but they always seem to be a bit slower to get in the festive spirit. Stollen Day can't be too far away now!

Hard to believe tomorrow is October 1st, so it's definitely time to get the Christmas cake made. That'll be my job for the weekend. I usually try to start in September, so I'm already a bit behind. The next few weeks are going to fly by.

This vid explains the system and as you could imagine demand was crazy. Best way to get them is to sign up for the Annual PDC TV subscription which gives priority ticket access for all events. Costs £50 for 12 months, they also have a registration for a first access sale but only a handful of tickets make it to that sale thus meaning never any 'Public sale'

Few travel packages too but they can cost a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭Jude13

Needing some Christmas spirit at the moment, I have a self imposed embargo on Christmas music and podcasts until December. I have it each year and break it, however not usually this early. I downloaded some podcasts but was strong enough not to listen.

Nothing Christmasy in the stores here, all halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭BK5

Welcome to OctoBERRR, def wintery the last few days but Ireland can be a strange one weatherwise, i've often walked around in November in just a t-shirt.

The Season is galloping towards us.

@Jude13 , if you need some Christmas spirit then have a listen to a podcast or a movie, no harm in it at all. Hope all is good with you.

Ah, I have that with the mainstream Christmas tunes myself, used to be not listen before Christmas FM launches, but since covid & the DJs starting early November online that's been breached once or twice. Funnily enough, haven't felt the urge as much this year really, no embargo but haven't listened to even classical that much & just the odd podcast, I have a load of them to catch up on now in fact.

BTW, October!!! September barely wiped its feet!!

Post edited by DvB on

Happy 1st of October everyone!! Last month out of season.

• Advertisement

Crazy. 4 weeks or so until being in season is hard to believe. 4 weeks ago I was still going to outdoor summer gigs 🙃

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

October already! It's actually a lovely day out - had a row with my son this morning because he wanted to wear shorts to school.

Was in Aldi on Saturday & picked up a box of mince pies for Mr. CL. No GF ones in stock yet. Tescos yesterday had a 20% toy sale on and lots of bath sets. Picked up some nice stocking filler sets so feel like I have made a start now. I also took note that the small/middle sized selection boxes (not the stocking shape ones) are 2 for €5 this year!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I don't think I posted it in here, but I bought my first Christmas present last Thursday AND I have added a couple of things to a list for myself should anyone ask what I want 😄 otherwise I will buy them for myself!

Every year I buy one early present and think that's great, I have it started now and proceed to buy nothing else til about 3 weeks before Christmas, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I've spotted a few Christmas bits on the Dunnes website. Not much yet, just some cushion covers and Christmas trees. I've loved their stuff the last few years so I always look forward to having a browse.

You And my Mrs, she loves the dunnes Christmas stuff, we always end up getting some bits from them every year without fail.

• Advertisement
Advertisement