Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

So sad. I remember when this was common in Lebanon but it's felt like a "safe" place for our people to go in recent years. May they rest in peace. Heartbroken for their friends and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Have just heard that he is from the 27th based out of Dundalk...a very sad day for the wee county

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Yes very sad news this morning about the Irish solider and those poor kids in the lake in the UK the other day. Bad news just seems so much worse this time of the year.

Very cold out there, car was frozen pretty bad this morning. Making it hard to get out of the warm bed in the morning!

Hoping to get at least one day AL in before the 23rd so will see how it goes.

Take care out there guys and stay warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Reading my post I realised I have come a long ,long way these last years accepting my life situation especially re Christmas. I used to fret, feel such crushing isolation.

Now I am at peace and ease with it all. And revel in what John Betjeman called " The sweet and silly things of Christmas" The small joys,. and reading posts here.. Probably as I am where I am. Where I always longed to be; small island in the ocean.

What a sheer wondrous difference the internet and email make!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Very cold out there today stay safe and wrap up warm

Very sad about the Irish Soldier and those children in the UK

Went to Blanchardstown this morning it wasn’t too busy when I was there but getting busier as I was leaving, I needed to visit 3 shops and got everything I needed picked up another packet of M&S mince pies they were mentioned on here and they are delicious

OH was away with work last night home this evening and starting his weekend then, day off tomorrow we are heading to town in the morning, might grab dinner out in the afternoon make a day of it

@jellybear no stockings with I in Dunnes blanch I will check town tomorrow x

Need to rewrite my list again of what is left, did a Boots order this morning another 3 gifts off the list,

I have to say most off here you know the ones ah it’s starting earlier every year bla bla… they don’t think about the harsh weather we’ve had the past week I would say foot fall was down last week in town I imagine the elderly didn’t venture out never mind the elderly I didn’t fancy those footpaths myself but with weather and all these viruses these can all halt Christmas proceedings so it’s never too early is what I am basically saying

anyway elves have a great day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'm finished tomorrow for Christmas, I can see the finish line.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Darts starting tonight on Sky

Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 68,676 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Last "real" work day today. Off tomorrow and the company change freeze coming in on Sunday means there will probably be nothing to do next week. The work party is one of the days during the week too.

Got the domestic cards posted today, only have two gifts left to sort out tomorrow. I may relocate to the pub after!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

• Registered Users Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Lidl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Awh you're a star @SarahLil. Really appreciate you checking for me! Think I'll give up my search cause E is now out of stock 😆 It just wasn't meant to be!

We had our Santa visit this afternoon. First one since 2019!! It was lovely! Our little man was great, so chatty!! I was wondering how he'd be but not a bother on him! Santa was absolutely lovely, which really helped 😊

Oh and I had a mince pie with cream after my lunch. The Dunnes all butter...delicious as always!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

All presents bought and wrapped. Feels weird that it is done it's like I don't have that thrill anymore now of getting presents until next year. Or having that to do. I like going around the shops and having a look at the decorations ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

Nothing wrapped but finally bought. Only one I haven't got is my mam's but meeting her tomorrow so will find out what to get her. Have finished work for Christmas and have a very long list of things to do that I hope to tackle in the next week.

More of a gift bag man myself, my patience not up for wrapping ha

Quiet enough year for presents for me. No special person this year but have the elves hoping there uncle gets them something nice.

Santa in the house for another while at least

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭sporina

for some reason Christmas has suddenly crept up on me this year.. I can't believe its next week,.. prob just been too busy wit other stuff for the last few weeks.. but I wish I could press pause,,. and enjoy more of a build up.. feel like it will be over before i know it... have lots of xmassy events for the next week or so.. so that should help.. nights out and carol services etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Call the midwife christmas special is on christmas day and i can't wait!!!

Any other specials on ?

The good old days of proper Xmas day specials like OFAH and the Royle Family etc

Ms Brown's Boys must of run its course by now in regards of yearly specials. Could work if they done biyearly episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

not sure about Mrs Brown's boys but that used to give me a chuckle on several occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Morning another cold one out there, I can’t believe it’s Friday the week has flown by

I got some wrapping done last night, still more to do, it was nice having the tv on in the background with the house all snuggly

Great tip on the gift bag @PTH2009 il pass it to my OH for my presents, wrapping stresess him out when we were younger he would get his sister to wrap them, I’ve some nice crepe paper there il tell him grab a few bags use the crepe and I promise not to look !!

Have a great day everyone we are heading to town this morning

Morning elves,

Another baltic morning out there...all the windows in the house frozen on the outside again. DPD man was just here & felt so sorry for him, he looked totally stressed.

We had our Santa experience in Causey last night, it was great. Kids loved it, Santy was great with them. Some bits of it felt a bit rushed but I suppose that is because they have so many groups coming behind you, but Santy gave each family plenty of time. It was so cold though so was glad that I'd packed the flasks with tea, hot chocolate and the mince pies.

School Concert is this morning so looking forward to that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I had my Christmas party last night.

Had more drinks that I probably should have because they just kept landing in front of me but I didn't say anything too bad just a bit of a rant to a colleague I know well about the current pressure in work. No dancing on tables types of shenanigans.

Though I dropped my phone into the loo (thankfully before use) and it's banajaxed. Usually this would be annoying but not the worst, however to login from home I need a code form an app that changes every 30 seconds. Now I'm wildly trying to figure something out!

Eeek, did you try put it in a bag of rice and see if that will dry it out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Glad you all enjoyed Causey Farm, we loved it the couple of times we went there with the kids, covid denied us one last visit in 2020 unfortunately and now they've deemed themselves too old for santa experiences so we never got to do 'The Last one' which will always be a disappointment for me I suspect.

Make the most of the kids bing young enough to believe folks, the years go by so so quickly. It saddens me a little to think we'll never do those things again.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I've finally started decorating. Can't find one of the light connections on the tree and I'm losing my mind 😅

My brother was tell me he tried his tree lights and they worked so he put them on the tree when to turn them on and wouldn't work!! I did tell who puts lights on the tree that aren't turned on?!?

Back from the school concert & it was just delightful! So lovely to have it back & the kids were delighted to have the parents there. It was great

It is, isn't it. Had Elf3's Christmas concert this morning and have Elf1's school play on Tuesday. Is great to be back doing these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

A week today i finish for 2 weeks Christmas break , but why is my brain telling me otherwise.

Post edited by SCOOP 64 on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I am officially on holidays until January 3rd!!!! 🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

You lucky Devil !

Advertisement