Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Enjoy every minute @Loughc

Husband finishes work for 2 weeks on Wednesday....I'm counting down the hours 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Finished today myself. I'm off work until Jan 9th!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oooh, you lucky ducks finished today! Enjoy yourselves. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

I’ve got another 3 days and I’m already kinda checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Finishing Tuesday, can't wait!

Didn't finish the tree yesterday so that, and defrosting my freezer are my big tasks for today. Need to get out of bed first and not quite ready yet 😂

Hope everyone has a lovely day today. One week to Christmas Eve!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

So jealous of everyone finishing up work but also delighted for you! This is the 1st year in years I'm woking right up to the Friday and over the Christmas! Just checked the app I have for presents and it's telling me I have 39 left to wrap! Still need to finish decorating, and a serious tidy is needed.. have my dcs birthday tomorrow and still need to marzipan and ice the cake.. now to work out when to buy food and clothes for the dcs... this has to be the most unorganised Christmas.. and panic stations now.. I'm putting my holidays in for next December when I'm in in Jan 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Town was lovely yesterday full on though with a determined 21month old we did Jervis Santa in and out as she kept saying No to Santa got a photo though of the 3 of us 😂 we did the same Santa last year and the difference in the pics

sorry @jellybear i didn’t get to Dunnes in town yesterday I didn’t get anywhere really in town 😂 home for nap for the little one then back out for a ramble and feed the poor starving ducks they actually came to the car the poor things looking for food , I did get a nice pub Turkey dinner afterwards, lazy evening then

Big Christmas shop done this morning and cleaned the fridge forgot to get malteasers I needed 2 boxes to go with gifts my own fault I hadnt got them on the list!!

Weve rejigged my Mams Christmas decorations abit some were worn out so got a gorgeous new wreath for the door and her tree was missing something so picked light up bear and penguin trio from Dunnes

ive to redo my Garland I hit off it and it came tumbling down 😂

Might head to Farmleigh market again this afternoon for a ramble OH already talking about getting a yummy burger at the market again

have a great Saturday,

this day week hopefully Turkey and ham collected from butcher already in the fridge, we’ve had a nice walk and the little one is napping wel probably prep the veg then while she naps, then collect my Mam have some party food or take away,

@SarahLil you're posts are so full of Christmas cheer!! Sounds like a lovely weekend ahead 😊

Don't even worry about the stocking...I've plenty of Christmas bits...shouldn't even be trying to add more to an already full house 🤣

I've my 4 month old in a Christmas sleepsuit today...a hand me down from her brother. Crazy how quickly time goes as it seems like only yesterday he was in it!🙈

Having a fairly quiet weekend here.

Hope everyone has a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Afternoon all

Finally warmed up a bit here! OH was in shops at 8am getting a last few presents and said it was rammers!! Got the list for the big shop done and a few things around the house.

Going to sit down now and watch footie with little lad and then out to dinner later with a few other couples.

Hope all having a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Out to dinner with my family this evening and then on to a party in one of our friends house after... expecting my hair to hurt in the morning.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Will some one be pulling your hair?, sounds like you have a good night ahead!😁

• Registered Users Posts: 9,476 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Had our Christmas lunch in the office on Thursday and then had a drinks reception in the canteen again at 4om that was supposed to end at 7. A gang of us were eventually kicked out at 10.45 🤣

We didn't even make it to the pub!

Was suffering yesterday but collected the better half from her Christmas drinks and we strolled out to the RDS for the Leinster match. Lovely seeing so much life and all the lights in the city centre but it was Baltic at the game. Got a lift home too which was a brilliant bonus. Didn't fancy getting the bus in that weather.

Woke up with a cold this morning though so hopefully it won't get too bad. Decided to bring the family up to Farmleigh. It was quite nice and gave the kids a bit of a Christmassy feel. Kicking back on the sofa now watching the rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

@jellybear trust me I am the same level of stressed as most of us at this time of year😂 I know I am the same can’t help myself when it comes to buying reduced Christmas decor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

We were offered tickets for the leinster match but I already had plans. OH took the littlest elf (10) though and they both enjoyed it but said that yes, it was freezing. They had 50 layers and blankets and flasks of coffee and hot chocolate - and the car to take them home.

Went for lunch with my mam yesterday, a belated birthday pressie from last month, but it was really nice, and we had a potter in the shopping centre before I had to run off and collect the elf from school.

We're both off for Christmas now (indefinite for me) so have a list of jobs for the next few days to get ready for the big day. This year though, I'm determined to enjoy the run up instead of stressing and plan to do something Christmassy every day. Right now we're watching Muppets Christmas Carol 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 9,476 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I got the kids to watch Gremlins earlier. They laughed so hard at it!! 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Dublin City was chaos tonight. Do not recommend.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Remove the word tonight and that sentence also works. The city’s gone mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Friday cannot come quickly enough guys, up to my eyeballs in work all last week and had to go in for 6 hours yesterday, the warmer weather this week will help a lot.

Went to bed last night at 11:30pm and only woke up about twenty minutes ago, 10 hours sleep is something I never do, must have needed it.

Anyway enough grumbling, how is everyone's preparations going? Have you much to do yet?

Clearing out the freezer is the only job we have not got to yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Bluebell woods

Hello I’m a long time covert Christmas thread lurker !!

lovely fuzzy feeling reading all your lovely posts

Hosting for 3 this year …

icy conditions for getting out & about yesterday

havent test driven today

Sounds like you definitely needed it! Mind yourself next week so you're not burned out for the big event!

I only have the Big Food Shop to do, everything else is done I think. 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Back to rain , it's windy here too today, think I'd prefer to get back to the cold and frost

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Cleaned out our fridge and freezer last week - makes it so much easier to put away the groceries. I feel a bit perplexed at the moment, you know that feeling when you have lots to do and not sure where to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

im kinda in agreement with this. It was nice dry weather for the last week and a half.

Thanks for that Posy, we have 3 guests for dinner on the big day so 8 in total counting our lot, all adults so I'll be grand.

I have told my oldest 2 that they are my commi chefs for preping the big dinner 😊

Know exactly what you mean, when you have a lot or too much on you become inefficient as you seem to be chasing your tail. List each job and take them one at a time. Good Luck 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Afternoon all

Was out for dinner with a few couples last night, ended up in pub after so head a bit delicate today! Was good laugh and everyone was in good form so very enjoyable.

Big shop, wrap rest of presents and clean oven last things to do so hopefully get those done next couple of days.

Hope everyone having a nice Sunday.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just did the last of our Christmas present shopping turns out the little lad isn’t a fan of shopping. Screamed crying the whole time.

To say it was stressful was an understatement. Worn out from it now.

He's already a typical man. 😂 I hope he's in better form today, it's terrible when they can't be consoled.

• Advertisement

Typical man 🤣🤣

It really is soooo difficult when they scream crying...hope he cheered up once he got home 😊

We are having such a lazy Sunday. Watching the World Cup final, stew in the slow cooker and a kid napping on each of our laps...I got the heavy 3 year old 🤣

Advertisement