Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oooh, the drama of the world cup! 😯

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Rte Christmas guide competition.

Hard one to answer 😄

we should all enter D) Sunday

Post edited by SCOOP 64 on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I'll take wind and rain any day over glassy roads and bitter cold 😂

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

How about crisp, but not icy, and sunny with occasional showers? 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

We went to a pub that does great food earlier and the whole place was cheering for Argentina 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Great result. I could get use to winter world cups!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That was a great final! Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

yehYeah, best WC final I've ever watched. Honestly though, the winter world cup was incredible. I had low expectations, but really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I have to agree. I've no interest in soccer but watched it from the second half because OH was watching it. I really enjoyed it and delighted to see Argentina win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Got back from a week away on Friday. Burnt to a crisp and somewhat relaxed. Back in the office until 5pm the 23rd.

My folks flew in from Dublin last night, delayed 3 hours so welcomed them into the house at 4am.

Spent yesterday making lists and shopping for food. PANIC!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Morning Happy Christmas week everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

So 3.5 days of chaos & stress to endure and then I'm done until Jan 9th... have a meeting this afternoon with a client that is playing total silly buggers that will end in a huge row, so that'll be fun.

Had a great w/e but overdid it Saturday (didnt get home until 2.30am) at a Christmas party & just feel utterly wiped now, the next few days will be fuelled by coffee & anxiety!

On the upside, its Christmas week folks, we only get one a year so enjoy it the best you can!

Post edited by DvB on
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Good morning!!!! Happy christmas week!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Morning! Christmas week already! On a countdown to Wednesday to finish work! I still have shopping to do which is not like me but Christmas seemed to just creep up on us this year. Will have to go into the shops on Thursday & bring the kids with me! Luckily I know what I need to get but still dreading it. Also do not have a single present wrapped!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I can't believe Christmas week is actually here, it's great - now if only someone could make the clock move slowly so that we can get the maximum enjoyment from it. Meeting a work colleague for coffee today and another one on Wednesday. Have little things lined up for the week and I'm getting excited now. Daughter has last college exam today so the house will be in full on Christmas mode once the studying is out of the way. Hope everyone has a great week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I can't believe it's Christmas week. I'm excited but at the same time sad it's nearing the end. Am I a bit weird, why can't I just enjoy it all !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

You're not alone with having nothing wrapped! I literally just put all the presents on the bed to make sure I had everything, had a slight panic when I forgot I had one of the main presents delivered to my sister. Hoping to make a start on the wrapping today, I'm usually a last minute person and end up cursing myself every year.

Not at all. I get like most years, its like the build up (usually around the LLTS & Christmas FM launch) is the real exciting part and the closer we actually get to Christmas things can start to tail off already (i'm seeing less and less adverts on TV for example). Work is usually the biggest factor for me though, if that's not going smoothly I find it hard to detach mentally and take in anything outside of that so its usually the day we finish up I start to allow myself to think of other things. This year will 100% be that way too, having the travelling stuff to organise too is just another distraction taking me away from Christmas this year, I suspect it'll be over and I'll have not really taken it in this year at all.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

im the same I’m already thinking sure after this week I’ve only one week off. What’s wrong with the way our brains are wired!!

• Advertisement

On a more positive note I love this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I have something in my eye!

I am convinced that my love of Christmas comes from the Christmas experiences my parents gave me.

Afternoon all

Bit of a hectic Monday morning. Meetings, rushed out to kids carol service and then back to work. Hoping to finish up Wednesday so 5 days work to get done before then.

Hope all had a good weekend, Weather turned here, bring back the cold dry weather. Over did it a bit Sat and still suffering.

Hope to wrap Santa presents tonight however getting kids to bed at a reasonable hour at the minute is a big struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I hope everyone had a nice weekend, went to Farmleigh market Saturday evening and lazy day at home yesterday watching the football with some present wrapping over both days

not a great day out there now heavy rain showers and windy we went to my cousins house this morning for breakfast a nice little outing to start the week

I’ve some presents here in front of me which I should get wrapping, short of a couple of nice bows for gifts il have to add them to the list, Christmas hair tomorrow and nails Wednesday evening already mixing up my days in my head, OH has another annual leave day to use so will probably go the farm 1 of the days and get breakfast at farm cafe, tomorrow I think is to be dry I might make my trip to my grandparents godmother grave give it a clean and tidy I will pop by there Christmas Day too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I'm glad I'm not alone. I was watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation last night and the scene with Clark and his wife talking in bed resonated with me when she said you build up Christmas to an impossible level that nobody on earth could deliver on. I think maybe that's it. Who knows.

Enough negatibity though for now. Few relaxing days to look forward to and then me and my wife will have our first night since our child was born. Meal booked and a nice wine bar afterwards.

Enjoy the night out. Those things become even more important once the kid(s) come along.

Amen to that! Heading out for steak and pints now with the Mrs to celebrate me auld birthday.

Many happy returns, enjoy the meal, steak and pints mmmmmmmmmmmm.

My Dad's birthday as well so some cake on the cards in the bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Happy Birthday @Loughc Enjoy your evening!

Advertisement