Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

Did my big shop on weds morning and this morning was in M&S in santry at 8.30 to pick up dinner for this evening and fresh berries for my Christmas day pavlova (fingers crossed they last, but M&S fruit usually great quality).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Manic in the house with my folks here ‘helping’. Went to elf the musical today.

I’ve prepped some food, cooked the ham, and my wife has asked me to cook the turkey on the bbq to free up the oven. I haven’t done that in years so that’s going to be daunting.

glad you got sorted loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

My Mum queued for an hour and half earlier there!

I was in and out of Lidl up the road in 15 mins, no queues.

@Jude13 how did the wooden reindeer turn out??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Finished at work and on my way home, yippee! 😁🥳

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,319 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Thanks everyone for the well wishes ❤️

So it begins and I have no idea what day of the week it is 🙃 😄

Today is Thursday. Christmas day falls on a Saturday this year.

Hope that helps. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 68,676 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Only got the tree up last night - work, college and trying to get the building site of a house tidy enough to have space for a tree causing much delays.

Work finished at 4, WFH thankfully. Not hosting this year; going to my brothers tomorrow and OHs parents on the 25th but still need to get various bits in to actually have breakfast those days and so on.

Final shopping - I think - done in the (giant, really well stocked) Centra at the end of my road - I'll take the prices versus keeping my sanity going anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,319 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I only worry about what day it is when it gets close to going back to work!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I literally was going to reply wait a minute 😂😂

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

May be an early bedtime but did anyone of us even really sleep on Christmas Eve?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Not a chance. Longest nights ever for this young believer!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Never slept on Christmas eve. I remember annoying my parents at 2am for presents. I understood now why they wanted to sleep 🤣

I remember desperately trying to sleep in a panic before Santa would visit. 😂

Happy Christmas Eve, everyone!! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Christmas Eve, wow! Didn't that creep up pretty fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Happy Christmas Eve!Hope everyone has a great day and isn't as stressful as seems to be expected.

I've no plans at all for tomorrow.ive just to get the dogs out for a walk. My boyfriend's working in the airport but when he'll finish depends on the flights so I think I'll just find something good on the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Thank you guys for being such a rock in a tough personal year x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Hapy Christmas Eve everyone. Have a wonderful day. Seems like only yesterday we had double digits day! We are on this website all year talking about these next two days so no matter what you're at or who you're with make the most of it, drink what you want eat what you want and watch what you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Best day of the year for me, love Christmas Eve, currently sat waiting to board our first flight so taking the chance to wish everyone on the Christmas forum a very merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2023.

Have a great one folks.... you deserve it after the last 3 years of stuff we've all endured.

Hope santa is good to you all.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Many happy returns @DvB - have an amazing holiday.

Like DvB, this is my favourite day too. Have the ham and spiced beef cooking and have most of the veg/sides prepped. Will be heading our for lunch with oh and our daughters later and tonight our next door neighbours will pop in for drinks and cheeseboard. I hope everyone has a great day.

Save travels and a happy Christmas @DvB ! 🙂

Morning all

Happy Christmas Eve! Crazy here already, excitement levels off the charts and that’s just me 😂

No way anyone will be in bed at a reasonable hour tonight!

Currently playing Santa rooftop scramble, listening to Christmas FM.

Going to head out for lunch and the set the table later and put presents (non Santa ones) under the tree.

Love today. Have a great one guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,524 ✭✭✭✭walshb

No better feeling in the world than seeing young children see their Xmas day presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Went to collect a Blackforrest this morning and ended up with a Baileys cheese cake as well. We've also the ingredients for a pavlova and trifle.

Ham went on when we got home.

Everything else sorted had a battery crises for the cats Christmas present. Sorted it.

Currently in work now.

Hope ye all have a magical and great Christmas Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Hope everyone has a magical Christmas Eve today both young and old, hope Santy is good to you all and your plans run smoothly.

Going to cook the turkey and ham today to get ahead, my parents and my wife's mother are joining us tomorrow so looking forward to that.

We are also looking after a neighbours dog for a few days while they are off staying with relatives, she's a really old brown Labrador called Miley who's deaf and she's the most gentle pet of an oul thing you can imagine. She's asleep at my feet now as I right this message. Our ten year old Jack Russell is not overly impressed with all the attention she's getting. 😃

Happy Christmas Eve everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭sporina

wishing everyone peace and calm for today xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does anybody know if there's post Today?

Advertisement