Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Can we give out about this the way most of Ireland gives out about Christmas decorations are out early?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Another Christmas dinner for us today puts a bit of shine on the day as another year of a New Year millionaire lotto ticket for €25 and not winning a sausage.

Post edited by SCOOP 64 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Sorry to hear that @Loughc, i hope your family have a speedy recovery. Covid sure seems to have caught a lot of people this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

That's hard @Loughc, the double downer of covid plus Christmas ending. A lot of people get the blues around this time. It doesn't last long though.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

On a positive note, it was great to have a normal Christmas. Even though I got my second dose of covid on the 10th of December....

I hope we can leave the negativity of the last couple of years firmly in the rear view mirror. Happy new year to all!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The in laws did a chemist run and 4 chemists later they got everything we needed and they all said the same thing, they were low on stock for everything.

Every second person is sick at the moment it seems.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It seems like that! I wonder why? I think another poster said maybe our immune systems are on the blink after the last couple of years isolating/masking etc.

Not vaccinating anyone under 60/65 (I forget which) didn't help either. I, like many thirty somethings, got my only booster in January 2022 and that's been it since. And now that I can, I can't get boosted because I got dosed in early December! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭sporina

Happy New Year everyone.. hope ye are all having a lovely xmas (12 days rem).. and New Years!.. me? I'm good.. thankfully.. ok health, family, friends and food.. and a sense of gratitude... wishes for love, good health and contentment for you all in 2023.. xxx PS those of you who are ill I wish ye a speedy recovery.. a lot of nasty bugs going around at the mo apparently.. not just covid.. xxx

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Also I know it’s hard to make out what day it is but my god today does not feel like a Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭sporina

i was sure that today was Monday till I was corrected at about 2pm..

feels like a BH to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hope yiz all had a nice day today. I was in work and it was fairly quiet. Having a nice glass of red wine now as I'm off tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,493 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Pick four words for 2023!

Change, Strength, Money, Purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Power, money, wealth, strength.

Right, looks like I'm going to become a superhero villain. Well there's a career change I hadn't anticipated 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Creation, love, gratitude and connection...interesting 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Speedy recovery @Loughc to all the family.

Had a nice day yesterday at the folks even though my sister and BIL couldn’t make it as they are dosed and both in bed.

Have party for little lad with school friends in one of those play places later today and back in work tomorrow.

Maybe it’s the last day of holidays, post alcohol or Monday morning (it is Monday isn’t it??) blues however feeling a bit down today. Can’t believe am back in work tomorrow, feels like I’ve been on the go non stop since finished and didn’t get to sit down and relax at all over the time off.

Guess the most important thing is that kids had a great Christmas and we managed to make it to all the things we had arranged so guess I should be grateful and just suck it up.

Anyway hope all enjoyed New Year’s Eve and Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Back in work tomorrow for a few hours and then back in full time on Wednesday. It's nearly back to reality folks!

Have to say the new bank holiday at the end of January is a great idea, at least we have something to look forward to/aim for as January sometimes feels like it's 3 months long. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭noahungry

January always feels like it's three months long in my case, with no exceptions. 😁 Wish you all a great year, be healthy and safe, and have fun along the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Best of luck to all those heading back to work tomorrow!! Dreading going back next Monday myself. Can see post Christmas and post holiday blues combined being a downer of epic proportion.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

The only thing I am looking forward to in January is having nothing planned (evening & weekends) so can just chill on the sofa!!

Post edited by TRS30 on

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A cup of te

@freshpopcorn The first four words I saw were Connection, Alignment, Breakthrough and Gratitude. I like that. Would've liked to see 'money' but it still sounds like I'm getting that house with the Breakthrough or maybe the band will become famous and I'm becoming more me with the alignment :-P I kinda like the superhero villain result above @Heroditas ;-)

Enjoyed New Year's way more than Christmas due to that dose I had. Hope all of you currently dosed get better really soon. It's horrible but one way of looking at it is you will have a level of immunity now for a few months! Was in the shops at the weekend and there's a lot of coughing going on so feels like half the country has something.

Still lots of Christmas food in the house now to keep the spirit alive. It's going to break my heart taking down all the decorations at the weekend but I'll give the Christmas CD another blast while I do it.

Edit: @SCOOP 64 tell me about it re those lotto tickets. Every year I build myself up thinking I'm winning it and going to buy a house, get a different job, new car, share it out a bit and I've never won a 500euro even after all of these years. I don't know anyone who has won anything either!

Not just you TRS30 I’m in bits today with the blues.

I had a lovely long bath yesterday evening with a face mask, all smelly stuff and creams.

Today I'm drinking coffee, eating the last of the chocolate Christmas cake and finally getting around to watching Die Hard. Making the most of the last few hours of the holiday. 😁

That’s how you do it.

I’m having roast beef with all the trimmings tonight for dinner while watching the darts semi finals that’s how I’m ending my break.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭Heroditas

It's almost like a spring day today, it's so sunny. Funnily enough I spied one of my daffodils starting to poke up in the flower bed earlier.

Had to log on to work to submit weekly data figures earlier. Urgh, getting a dose of the fear now 🤢

Niiiice. 🙂

Hope you're not feeling too lousy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Wife gave me abit of a fright yesterday she taken the Christmas cards down from the kitchen window sill, I said what are you doing! " I'm only cleaning the window sill , I will put them back after calm down", Phew a close one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

I hear you @SCOOP 64 , the wife was asking today about what day we are taking the decorations down so luckily the 6th falls on Friday so I said we'll start after I get in from work Friday afternoon and then the rest on Saturday and the tree is the last thing to come down.

She's looking forward to giving the sitting room a "good clean and getting it back to normal" and I'm fuppin dreading it, the place looks so boring after the decorations are down 😥

We went to Choce today and picked up a few lights and decorations on sale for next year though......I mean this year ha ha

Advertisement