Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

She is extremely tired and nauseous but baby is doing great measuring ahead and everything looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Awh it's tough going....especially when there's already a little one at home. Delighted to hear all looks good with baba though. Fingers crossed the nausea won't stick around too long...it's an awful feeling!🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Congratulations @Loughc you should buy some decorations to celebrate!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Aaah, congratulations @Loughc ! That's brilliant news. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Andrew93

Congratulations @Loughc. You won't notice the time going by! Fantastic news.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Still cant quite fathom how we're into the second half of the year already. That last 6 months has gone like a rocket, cant believe I'm packing for my holidays already & head off on Thurday... when we booked it in a cold, dark, wet & miserable January it seemed so far away... but with all we've had going on that time has gone by unbelievably quickly.

double digit day on September 17th doesn't seem so far away now at all.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Congrats @Loughc , that's great news! The world needs more little elves ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

Great news @Loughc. Feels like only yesterday that your first elf was on the way. Best wishes to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Congratulations to you both @Loughc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

my summer holiday has come and gone and the sudden drop in the weather has me thinking of Christmas and longing for it too.

Cheers it feels like yesterday for me too! Time is going wayyyy too quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Congrats @Loughc the more elves the better.

I have been awol so just dropping in to say hi to Christmas land. I fly out to Europe tomorrow, hitting brussels, bordeaux, london and home and back in the sand in September. I plan to post more then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Enjoy your journeys @Jude13 - just imagine, when you get back we'll be hitting double digits time 😎.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Congrats @Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Ah congratulations @Loughc !

I ordered a turkey baster today....the last few years I've been using a nurofen syringe 😂😂 limited success and much frustration tbh.

I was ordering bedsheets from arnotts so had a nose and there was one half price in the sale, also picked up a Minecraft advent calendar (unfortunately it says 2022 on it) the littlest elf won't register that though 😂🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Congratualtions @Loughc !!

I've been looking at the new lego releases and I've been thinking I'll pick up some of the little Christmas sets to make for the season. I'm getting some little Halloween ones too.Just nice to have them dotted around.

We're firmly in the midst of wedding season and thankfully we only have 4 across the whole summer.I know a lot of people who seem to have 4 in a month. Between these hens, baby showers, housewarmings my social life has really changed in my 30's!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

With the nights now drawing in and time to start thinking of Christmas I pulled this out of my freezer last night and had one heated up for lunch afters, yum! I do it every year in July :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Yum! 🙂

What's the best way to heat them back up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I usually let them to defrost for an hour or so and then a quick heat in the microwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

After defrosted overnight in the fridge i take it out of the tin foil and pop into the microwave (900W) on a plate for 25 seconds, no more no less, perfection!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well we're into the 160's.

I was sitting in the car on Friday evening and I was looking at the trees. I was looking at how many leaves were on them another part of me were thinking of how will they be changing in a few weeks times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

A shop window in Prague. 33 degrees, strange to be looking at Christmas baubles.

So with Elf number 2 on the way one thing is for certain I’ll be cooking Christmas dinner at home again this year!

Already looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I read this and went google'n ELF 2 the movie.

Damn you......😂

If it was to end up anything like Zoolander 2, I'm glad the only Elf 2 coming this year is Loughc Junior. 😂

I’ve yet to watch zoolander 2. I’m always weary of long gaps between sequels as anything other than a quick cash grab. Indiana Jones I’m also looking at you here.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,316 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Enjoyed London last week and got too do 90% of what I had planned. Back over in August again, can't wait too see Wembley, Richmond and Twickenham

• Advertisement

Wembley is a very nice stadium. Pints are expensive though so bring the credit card.

Advertisement