Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Still a full week of July left... don't ever remember a summer month feeling so drawn out before, especially considering we were away for the early part of it.

This day week is August 1st and suspect that month will fly for us as the kids start secondary school on the 23rd and once that happens, its straight to Halloween & then a short hop to Christmas.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

We're back from our two week trip since late on Sunday night so it seems that we were really lucky and missed the worst of the yucky weather. I'm now sitting in the garden with a coffee (and watching a million loads of washing dry).

Can't believe how quickly the year has flown. I've to get school stuff sorted now as they'll be back in just 4 weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We got all the school stationary bits sorted over the weekend. Just need to sort the uniforms next, thankfully we just need tracksuits. Potty training the smallest is more of a priority - she's 3 and a half and has absolutely no inclination to do it. Don't know what to do with her, the other two were out of nappies by 2 and a half!

Nice sunny day here today which is nice given all the rain. May and June were lovely though so the summer hasn't been a complete bust. Hoping for an Indian summer as I have a week off in August. Also looking at booking next year's summer holiday so feeling quite happy in myself this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Happy Christmas in July.....we've Aussies in the family so that group is exploding 😂😂

I'm refusing to look at school stuff just yet. I had to replace the uniform during the year so we're still good there. Just need shoes.

Reluctant to go too early as kids grow like weeds in the summer months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 zozimus

I remember a year where it rained every day for months :) I decided to start taking winter holidays. I don't mind the rain at all - every weather has its beauty. But the doctor said I had no vitamin D, so I've been taking prescription holidays ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

Prescription holidays.... I like the sound of that 😁

Having just spent the past two weeks in confined spaces with 4 men (far too many fart jokes, especiallyin Grrmany with "uberfahrt" signs around the place - the teens took photos to send to their friends🙄), I have concluded that I need to do more weekends away with the girls. Also much cheaper paying for one rather than five.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

I think that was 2005 and it rained everyday for over 50 days in a row if my memory serves me correctly??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Whatever the year Rihanna and her umbrella was....that summer was fairly miserable

Just looked it up, the song and that wet summer was 2007. I was working on the buildings at the time, can still remember the misery of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think the Summer around 03/04 was good. Maybe 06 also. The Umbrella year was certainly wet.

However sometimes childhood/Teenage Summers can seem good.

Nearly over!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

I've got some uniform sorted, couple more bits to get. I wanted to see if they grew over the summer or if they can still wear last years jumpers. Our school takes care of stationary and we pay them directly. They buy it in bulk. It's flippin marvellous! One less thing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Prescription Holidays - I'm definitely stealing that one 😁. I've 4 prescriptions to fill between August and Christmas 😂.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Anyone going to Coldplay next year? Took out the ticketmaster site yesterday and most likely boards as well 😂

I know it's a little off.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well looking out the window it feels like fall has already arrived.

Don't know how far off it is @freshpopcorn . Only 2 days away from being 150 days to go on the countdown, these last 50 days have flown.

100 days to go will be here before we know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

More like Winter! I'm sure everyone is the same, but I am really really tired of the rain at this stage. July has been a complete washout. August can't come soon enough, I don't know if it's going to be much better, but surely it can't be worse?? I never usually listen to Christmas music in the off season, but I am getting very tempted now.

"Oh the weather outside is frightful" ha ha 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

It really is! You've put that song in my head now though, which has cheered me up a little!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I got 4 tickets for Sunday thankfully. The site kept crashing when the initial two days went on sale, so by the time I got into the queue there were 50K people ahead of me.

Thankfully I turned on twitter for notifications for Coldplay when they started announcing extra dates for other cities, so as soon as I saw Dublin, I hopped on. I was 4000th in the queue.

It was a joke

I got Monday night myself. Ticketmaster is a joke of a site.

Post edited by Loughc on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

I still have The Christmas Chronicles 2 and The Santa Clauses (6 episodes) to watch. The way the weather is right now rain wise it'll be getting closer to finally seeing them.

Post edited by DenMan on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Was driving to Westport yesterday & on the Pat Kenny show on Newstalk there was a piece on the director John Hughes which went into some details on Home Alone, was a pleasant Christmas related distraction on what was a wet & miserable drive.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I can't wait for Tuesday to come around, if for no other good reason than July will be in the rear view mirror.

If the rest of the year is like this then we will be screaming for Christmas to get here 😄

Not long until they arrive here.(Spotted in the UK)

Post edited by freshpopcorn on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Duke of Schomberg

Bushmills Inn Christmas flyer dropped into my inbox today.

Advertisement