Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

The Christmas movies have finished on Movies 24 I see, does anyone here watch them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I'm just starting 2 weeks holidays so August is Summer 🌞

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I also take my summer holidays in the AUTUMN. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Andrew93

I would often throw it on in the background. More often than not ending in me dropping what I was doing to watch some of them 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Don't get the whole Christmas in July thing myself, and never really watch those 'hallmark' style movies anyway even when they come back in Oct/Nov. I know there are some on here that enjoy them though. Just not my cup of tea really.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I love a Hallmark movie; they are just easy watching, you know what's going to happen & you can multi-task e.g. I crochet while I watch them & never have to worry about not keeping up. I also love that Netflix has thoroughly embraced them too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh, look at their lovely autumnal wreaths and garlands. 😍

With summer gone & us into autumn the Mrs will be looking to change our door wreath! Must send that link on to her. Wouldn't have looked only you mentioned wreaths.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I heard a radio ad for a Christmas party yesterday. Twice! Both times for the 2 Johnnies Christmas party night out 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I’m going for dinner tomorrow after work so naturally I checked the website and they had their Christmas 2023 menu up. It’s getting real now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Also this is the last month before the BER months.

John Lewis have their seasonal Christmas trends up too... as usual an interesting mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,493 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well it's the August Bank Holiday Weekend.

It's the last Summery one.

The next one will be in October.

The Clocks will go back during it.

A lot of the Christmas stuff will be out in the shops.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Much as I love Christmas, I could really do with a summery, sunny August. July was a very damp squib and I am not ready for autumn yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Living for it tbh. I just want it to be dark and cold.

That would be a great start alright

Weather has been utterly depressing, if it just stopped raining for a couple of weeks i'd settle for that right now. Finishing work & looking out at it chucking down just makes the days so much harder to relax from. Surely we're due some kind of a run of dry weather soon... the whole year has been awful for rain with only the odd dry spell here & there.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

I have never minded the fact that it gets dark early in Ireland and the cold never gets to me either but there are people that the Autumn and Winter weather really gets to them. My wife and mother absolutely hate it. I bought both of them UV lamps a couple of years ago and they weren't cheap.

Do they use them? Do they f**k! ha ha 😃 I think they like complaining about the Winter as well though ha ha

Hope everyone has a great long weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

My mam has one of those lights lol. I'm contemplating getting one this year. I never used to think that the dark evenings or miserable weather got to me but I found February and March this year to be absolute killers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Strictly Come Dancing have started announcing the contestants for this years lineup, which no doubt a few of us will be tuning into in the build up to Christmas 💃🕺🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Banshee bones have found their way into the house....not a fan myself tbh

Probably new for Christmas 2023!

I'm lucky I don't have to be up early in the morning. If I'm being honest the darker morning kind of help me have a lie in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Happy winter everyone. I will not be convinced that it is anything but winter out there this morning.

I see a storm is forecast.... in August!! FFS.

I'm dying with a proper dose of a Headcold and a lung ripping cough so am not in.the mood for any more misery but it's the year that keeps on giving.

Anyway, hope everyone has a nice Bank Holiday weekend, even.if it is to.be wet and miserable out.

I need to add I’ve been without power since 6.50am and no sign of it coming back until after lunch.

• Advertisement

Ah no. Hate when that happens. Usually happens us at night and plays havoc with house alarms 😆

Advertisement