Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Loughc wrote: »
    I know it's a cliché but time heals all wounds.

And trust me you're never alone, especially at Christmas, you have your family, friends and all of us here to be there for you :)

Trust me I know what I'm talking about I once got dumped... on my birthday... a week before Christmas.... :o

And I still had great fun that Christmas time and a very lucky escape if you ask me :P

You have lots of time before Christmas, focus on yourself. Try to do things you like to do that your ex may not have been a fan of, spend time working on yourself and what YOU enjoy doing, be that going for a walk, reading more, going a jigsaw puzzle, binge watching boxsets, etc.

Thanks for this. I appreciate the kind words.I'm sad not angry so I know it'll all work out however it is meant to.

The bit I've put in bold though....my god.I'd have spent the entire time sobbing. So glad you were able to keep your head up and push through.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Thanks for this. I appreciate the kind words.I'm sad not angry so I know it'll all work out however it is meant to.

The bit I've put in bold though....my god.I'd have spent the entire time sobbing. So glad you were able to keep your head up and push through.

You'll have good and bad days, just remember life is short, try to enjoy it as much as you can and don't dwell on the past... the past doesn't dwell for any of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

DvB wrote: »
    Whatever you do don't watch that film 'Last Christmas'

Not that its romantic content will be upsetting, purely because its absolute sh*te:D

100% this. One of the worst films I've ever seen, even being tipsy didn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I didn't sleep great last night just had an afternoon nap and woke up feeling Zen :D
    OH has a roast dinner on and stove lighting, something left over dessert from yesterday too

You'd think it was Christmas holidays here at home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

SarahLil wrote: »
    I didn't sleep great last night just had an afternoon nap and woke up feeling Zen :D
    OH has a roast dinner on and stove lighting, something left over dessert from yesterday too

You'd think it was Christmas holidays here at home :)

Afternoon naps are seriously underrated!

I might be known to partake of the odd one myself :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Whatever you do don't watch that film 'Last Christmas'

Not that its romantic content will be upsetting, purely because its absolute sh*te:D

I enjoyed it and I didn’t see the twist :( Nothing like munching on popcorn and minstrels :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Strange question, does anyone know if the measurements of an artificial tree normally include the height when it's on its stand or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Strange question, does anyone know if the measurements of an artificial tree normally include the height when it's on its stand or not?

Yep - most do

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

Bought 2 books of stamps today, not Christmassy ones but I said to myself I’ll get them and have my cards done and ready to go in the next fortnight. We’ve not seen any of the extended family all year so I’ll definitely send some Christmas cards this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,493 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Yes, some of them can have a very long piece for the angel/star!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Wrapped a lot of my presents today and wrote cards to go with them 🎄🎅🏻:pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Good going, Cork Lass! :D

Just read the synopsis of Last Christmas on Wiki. PUKE. :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Jude13 wrote: »
    Cheers, you are more than welcome to it. I am sure I have missed some so please let me know. Though some are off the list purposely, nightmare before Christmas, Arthur Christmas, and others as we are not fond of them.

I just realised that I left in 'HD' and 'Expat', ha. HD means I have them on hard drive, expat is our tv service.

That's what happens when you make a list but you don't check it twice. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

That is some list Jude! :D

I had an interview this morning and planned on going to the Range afterwards for some festive fix but I didn't bother in end and I regret it now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hope your interview went well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

It was good thank you autosport.

Did anyone book a visit to Santa? I wasn't gonna but we planned on going to Center Parcs this month so might fork out a fortune for Santa at Oakfield park instead now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

TRS30 wrote: »
    Did I miss National Lampoons? Skimmed the list a couple of times and don't think I saw it.

Easily in my top 3 Christmas movies

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gmt012

Love this thread, really brightens up my day reading through it! Looking online to add to my decorations...just wondering has anyone bought an outdoor led projector from homestore & more and if so, would you recommend?

Sorry I can't post any links as I'm a new user

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

First Christmas ad last night, Kevin the carrot as top gun. Really feeling the Christmas buzz today. I did a List for Christmas eve/Christmas eve eve and its terribly busy. I am working both days so the peeling of veg and prepping will be after the wee one goes to bed. I may sleep all Christmas day, how did the mammies and daddies do it in the past.

Best of luck with the interview Disney!

Aisling as has been said do stuff you may not have had the chance to do by yourself. Go to the cinema and watch what you want (are cinema's open?) or the silly thing on netflix that you ex didn't like.

I nearly clicked on a 2m x 2m inflatable santa and sleigh for our garden. I need to float the idea this weekend when the OH is tipsy and Im sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

gmt012 wrote: »
    Love this thread, really brightens up my day reading through it! Looking online to add to my decorations...just wondering has anyone bought an outdoor led projector from homestore & more and if so, would you recommend?

I bought one of those projectors a few years ago from ebay and it came with about 5 or 6 different slides for different occasions, birthdays, Halloween etc. Maybe the one's in Homestore are better but I would say don't expect the blaze of colour or snowflakes that are shown in the ads for it, I'd say they used about 4 of them in the ad to get the effect on a house that they show.:)
    Put it this way they are ok and in my opinion they would work better in total darkness but we have streetlights here as we live in an estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just as a heads up, my sister went to the range in liffey Valley at the weekend and the Christmas section had been closed off since we'd been there last week. So the bah humbugs have hit there too.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gmt012 wrote: »

I actually ordered one on the weekend, it's due to arrive today or tomorrow I'll let you know how I get on with it.

So bit of a dilemma.

We put a real tree as our main one in the front room. This year we want to put up our decorations early however it is probably too early to put up a real tree.

So get a fake tree this year or put up all the other decorations and the tree later??

TRS30 wrote: »
    So bit of a dilemma.

We put a real tree as our main one in the front room. This year we want to put up our decorations early however it is probably too early to put up a real tree.

So get a fake tree this year or put up all the other decorations and the tree later??

For me it's Fake tree all the way, re-usable and you can put it up as early as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Defo later, fake tree = fake(r) Christmas.

I havent had a real one in yonks due to the climate but if I was back in Ireland it would be real every year.

So 1-1 so far :)

Artificial all the way for me, no question. They look better, dont require regular cleaning (needles) and dont need to be disposed of every january.
    The one advantage used to be the smell of a real tree but that can be reproduced now anyway so AFAIC, artificial is in all practical senses the winner.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I used to moan about the price of Lego advent calendars (which are great). I've now had (chosen) to cough up for a funko one for my daughter, a 2020 star wars micro force one for my youngest lad(imported from USA and if you know somewhere cheaper in Europe don't tell me now!) And thank god for middle child who just wanted a dark chocolate calendar.

Bye bye heading towards a hundred yo-yos. But fupp it, I love Christmas.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

Yes they're the drinks Costa Ireland confirmed. Set to launch from today :)

Thankfully I don't like near a Costa otherwise, goodbye waistline (even further)

Advertisement