Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

TRS30 wrote: »
    So bit of a dilemma.

We put a real tree as our main one in the front room. This year we want to put up our decorations early however it is probably too early to put up a real tree.

So get a fake tree this year or put up all the other decorations and the tree later??

I vote decorations now and real tree later.

Because then you still have something to look forward to later as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Fake tree here, best investment, no cleaning, no watering, afterwards pop it up into the attic :)

I’ll have to see which Costa is near me and take a trip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

I an ideal world, a dream world of Christmas, I can't see it being with a fake tree. I have a fake tree but can dream.

I am so glad costa is not near me also. What are the cals in those yokes?

I sent my film list to a pal and he has berated me for not having jingle all the way on it as it's a 'classic'. I will miss him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

No work for me today
    I have made homemade meatballs with parmesan and pasta sauce for later, homemade pasta tomato sauce for Chicken parmigiana tomorrow
    hoping this meal planning comes in handy when the baby arrives :)

Nice Sunshine out there going to get out for a walk get the steps in

I have always had a fake tree growing up and in our own place

I seen the Aldi ad with Kevin it made me laugh I use to love Top Gun, I haven't looked at the Ad thread yet I want to see them IRL on tv first

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Thanks for all the input. Will sit down with OH later and thrash it out. I'm leaning towards a real one as have really enjoyed the whole pick it out, getting it to fit in the base, the small etc.

• Advertisement

Anyone thought about what they would like for Christmas?

I would like some stuff from Rituals, some skincare creams, perfume, Ugg Slippers, a New Dressing Gowan/housecoat :D

Thanks for all the input. Will sit down with OH later and thrash it out. I'm leaning towards a real one as have really enjoyed the whole pick it out, getting it to fit in the base, the small etc.

even though I never had a real tree before I think it would be nice for you to decorate around the place early and still have the big tree shop to do along with decorating to do then especially now we are all home more, best of both worlds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

SarahLil wrote: »
    even though I never had a real tree before I think it would be nice for you to decorate around the place early and still have the big tree shop to do along with decorating to do then especially now we are all home more, best of both worlds

Love the smell of a real tree, and the look of it, but artificial is so much easier. I buy a real wreath made out of pine as early as I see them and use them to make a mantle piece display. It takes about 4 weeks for the smell to really fill the room, but then I have the convenience of artificial trees and the ambience of a fresh one

Sarahlil? Is your other half on boards?

I would like thin work socks. Really really thin material ones. Chocolate coins and santa.

I also think I am getting a suit bag/luggage, I had a tumi one that got robbed (or the air hostess gave to someone else who legged it) from cabinet in a plane. Then I bought the same tumi bag again and my OH left it unattended at the hertz counter in rome airport, it had the canali suit I got married in, lovely blazer and three of my best shirts, we were attending a wedding in Tuscany the next day. All gone. I have mentioned not to buy another tumi one, there's a Samsonite one on amazon for USD 45. It will most likely disappear so best to buy that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I know I'm getting a new Fred Perry polo shirt, black with classic yellow piping on the collar & sleeves and a set of whiskey glasses so I'm more than happy with that.

I would like a new 4k tv & had promised myself if I got a decent bonus this year I would (especially having spotted the one i want in Harvey Normans already), but thanks to covid & our workload dropping off significantly that won't be happening now unfortunately, but hey, total first world problem, especially when so many are struggling nowadays, so I can't complain or grumble seeing as we're both still working & we're all healthy too. So more than grateful to be getting anything at all especially in the knowledge that it could have been so much worse for us as a family.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

You should go clark griswold and put a down payment on that tv.

Anyone thought about what they would like for Christmas?

Something for the adidas website. Will most likely pick it out myself. OH will get me a surprise from the kids. To be honest don't/need much and rather spend the money on the kids.
    DvB wrote: »
    I would like a new 4k tv......

We are going to buy one in the Black Friday sales. Already have my eye on a 50" (biggest we can get in the space we have for it) Samsung one.
    Jude13 wrote: »
    You should go clark griswold and put a down payment on that tv.

Maybe DvB likes Jelly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gmt012

I bought one of those projectors a few years ago from ebay and it came with about 5 or 6 different slides for different occasions, birthdays, Halloween etc. Maybe the one's in Homestore are better but I would say don't expect the blaze of colour or snowflakes that are shown in the ads for it, I'd say they used about 4 of them in the ad to get the effect on a house that they show.:)
    Put it this way they are ok and in my opinion they would work better in total darkness but we have streetlights here as we live in an estate.

Yeah thats what i was concerned about, that the light effects looks too good to be true! We live in the country so hopefully that will help if I do purchase...thank you!
    Loughc wrote: »
    I actually ordered one on the weekend, it's due to arrive today or tomorrow I'll let you know how I get on with it.

That would be great, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Maybe DvB likes Jelly :D

Jelo of the month club.... no thanks! Even if it is the gift that keeps on giving!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Pistachio19

gmt012 wrote: »
    Love this thread, really brightens up my day reading through it! Looking online to add to my decorations...just wondering has anyone bought an outdoor led projector from homestore & more and if so, would you recommend?

Sorry I can't post any links as I'm a new user

I bought it last year and it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I used to moan about the price of Lego advent calendars (which are great). I've now had (chosen) to cough up for a funko one for my daughter, a 2020 star wars micro force one for my youngest lad(imported from USA and if you know somewhere cheaper in Europe don't tell me now!) And thank god for middle child who just wanted a dark chocolate calendar.

Bye bye heading towards a hundred yo-yos. But fupp it, I love Christmas.

ah it'll be worth it for the excitement through christmas month!

No Jude my other half not on boards
    My list of what I want is what I already use but I am running low :)

Just back from my walk we seen our first Christmas tree in my area, decorated nicely in red with warm lights from what I could see, it looked like a house that has children so I am sure the children are chuffed to bits coming home from school to that

Disney hope the interview went good
    Aisling I hope you are doing ok as everyone already we are all always here to offer an ear if you need to talk

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shoes43

Long time lurker - have been reading this thread for a few years now and never had the courage to contribute. Love reading all things christmasy and how others choose to celebrate the build up to the big day. I usually wait until the 8th of December to put up my tree & decorations but that might change this year. Would love to put some lights outside the house this year.

shoes43 wrote: »
    Long time lurker - have been reading this thread for a few years now and never had the courage to contribute. Love reading all things christmasy and how others choose to celebrate the build up to the big day. I usually wait until the 8th of December to put up my tree & decorations but that might change this year. Would love to put some lights outside the house this year.

Welcome shoes. Great to have you onboard :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

gmt012 wrote: »
    Love this thread, really brightens up my day reading through it! Looking online to add to my decorations...just wondering has anyone bought an outdoor led projector from homestore & more and if so, would you recommend?

Sorry I can't post any links as I'm a new user

I bought the Halloween one which is in colour. Was lovely so ordered the snowflake one. I think they are good for the price.

My husband has decided the tree is going up this weekend. I normally have to harass him to put it up for the toy show so I'm surprised

Welcome shoes

Chilly one out there this evening Elves, I have had brutal sleeps since Saturday night heres hoping tonights one is better WFH tomorrow morning

This is cute for anyone WFH that wants to decorate their space it lights up too https://www.dunnesstores.com/p/bauble-tree/7137279

• Registered Users Posts: 30,493 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We painted the bathroom last night Generally we leave out painting go to later in November but I woke up this morning and smelt it felt like it was almost Christmas decorations time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,493 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

123204806_2787972638192006_2136588341382514061_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=s5zAOMZDJ00AX8Bvf32&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=1cbc9b456f290877c73520341b3efcc3&oe=5FC6B7DC
    123457819_2787972654858671_9203995433860755209_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=bbUsPvFV_HcAX_Hh7qm&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=4a0a87b6378ec6d3f985e37267f9e183&oe=5FC86875

There's more photos of chocolates, etc over here.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115160356#post115160356

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We painted the bathroom last night Generally we leave out painting go to later in November but I woke up this morning and smelt it felt like it was almost Christmas decorations time.

Fresh paint always reminds me of Christmas.

Everyone does up the house just before Christmas.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

A Coke 'holidays are coming' ceramic mug in Tesco for €8

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have asked Santa for a Fitbit Charge 4. I hope he's got my letter! :pac:
    Ooh that is handy, thanks!
    Long time lurker - have been reading this thread for a few years now and never had the courage to contribute.
    Welcome along (Christmas) Shoes! You don't need courage, I don't think that we are that scary! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Pistachio19

Last year I bought the projector in Homestore and more to save my husband putting up lights. He still put up lights but not as many and the projector ones looked lovely.

Was upstairs on the phone to a pal and randomly here Do they know it’s Christmas time blaring looked out the window no one around but it was coming from outside
    any of you there driving around ?
    I’m thinking it was a delivery driver that loves Christmas in November

• Advertisement

Was upstairs on the phone to a pal and randomly here Do they know it’s Christmas time blaring looked out the window no one around but it was coming from outside
    any of you there driving around ?
    I’m thinking it was a delivery driver that loves Christmas in November

We are everywhere!!!

Advertisement