Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Did anyone here ever do the Jameson distillery tour on Bow Street ?

Thinking of doing it when I'm up in Dublin soon. Suppose its better than been stuck in overpriced pub ha

• Registered Users Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It could be a Halloween tree!

A few years ago I stumbled upon Halloween trees on social media. I told sister freshpopcorn who's a teacher and she put one up in her classroom other teachers followed. They also happened in other local schools and no doubt homes also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Don't , literally just after downloading my electric bill then logged on here to try to cheer myself up, €340 jesus! just for 2 months!

Post edited by SCOOP 64 on

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

A wintery evening here. Rain, wind and had to turn on the heating and a few lights in the place at about 7, the evenings are really starting to close in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

The drive home from westport was awful, lashing rain and some real strong cross winds, made driving less fun than normal. Was glad to get home safely.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

🤔🤯

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I seen 1969 wont be around to see 2069.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

• Registered Users Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

16890 days until Christmas Day 2069!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Hallowe'en trees are starting to be a big thing actually. My cousin puts up her full size Christmas tree around about now but decorates it with an autumnal theme. My sister has definitely had one in the past too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Last Friday & Saturday in September. We are into the business end of things now.

August and September took less time to pass than July on it's own 😄

With the chilly and dark evenings starting to come in I'm itching for the Christmas music, cookery, movies and general programmes to be on the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A cup of te

Christmas purchases from The Range. Reckoned all of these items had a retro look so bought them. Believe me I wanted to buy more but there has to be a limit ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ClaudeVercetti

So nostalgic! I remember the family tree always having those robins spread sporadically around the tree so definitely retro! I think the mother still has a couple of them still in use after 25 years at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Had a Dairy Milk Snowman today

First Xmas chocolate of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Anyone need someone to guard their house?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,476 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Can't believe it's October tomorrow.

Spent last weekend in Center Parcs. 4th year in a row going at this time of year. We absolutely love it. Kids had a whale of a time and I particularly liked spending a couple of hours in the outdoor pool last Friday with the sun beating down on me. Ahhhhh

Hectic week and an even more hectic one ahead of me next week. The weeks are flying by. Won't be long until the kids are on mid-term. 🫣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Happy October everyone. It's a lovely bright morning so hopefully it's be a nice day. It's my husbands birthday and our 30th wedding anniversary, can't believe how fast that time is gone - how can I be married that long when I'm still in my 20's 😂😂.

Happy October everyone. Last month out of season until mid-Jan 2024.

Hurtling towards the most wonderful time of the year.

Yes, happy first of October everyone. Now lets get this Halloween nonsense out of the way so the real season can start ha ha.

Happy Anniversary @Cork Lass, very best wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Happy First of October - cannot wrap my head around the fact that we are in the last quarter of the year!

This day 12 weeks is Christmas Eve. Still a long way away but at the same time I'm a bit uneasy that I haven't started buying the presents yet. This is not normal to feel this way so far out 😂

It’s utterly madness how quick this year went

• Registered Users Posts: 9,476 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Weather is nuts today. I was cold yesterday morning and then after the rain passed yesterday evening, you could feel the warmth in the air.

I'm back in my shorts again today 😅

Just looked up the weather for the week.....they're giving 20 degrees next Saturday in Waterford. Mental.

• Advertisement

Literally did the dog walk today in Tshirt. No jacket needed and I’m sweating!! I don’t hold out much hope for a white Christmas this year 😂

Advertisement