Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,493 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Tesco are selling Christmas cards. So, they must be essential. Next to the, they've the decisions all stocked up with Black plastic over them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Tesco are selling Christmas cards. So, they must be essential. Next to the, they've the decisions all stocked up with Black plastic over them.

Strangely Dunnes in Cournslcourt have most Xmas stuff blocked off but in a corner with chocolates etc they have a small number of trees, decorations and other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

I'm wearing Christmas pjs!:D

Strangely Dunnes in Cournslcourt have most Xmas stuff blocked off but in a corner with chocolates etc they have a small number of trees, decorations and other stuff.

Don't tell the Gardaí.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

I am on page 16 of the Christmas eve traditions thread. The bug has bitten big time

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    I am on page 16 of the Christmas eve traditions thread. The bug has bitten big time

If I have time today I'd be right there with you brother! It's a great thread. Although it may make me long for the Christmas Eve Chinese and Pints.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Also.... how are we hitting 49 days to go on Friday??

I have been reading it over the past week. The Christmas eve eve pints are my crave.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »

Always said, once we hit day 99 & double digits the pace seems to quicken significantly for some reason. This year, despite the other distractions (or lack thereof) it seems to be the same.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Yeah its getting it to the "...its all going too fast" territory.

Happens me every year. We get to the end of november, adverts, songs, late late toy show, christmas fm launch etc & then 'bam' its Christmas eve!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Was just thinking the same when in the countdown thread this morning. 50 days just gone by in a flash!

I hear you, not quite there yet however in a couple of weeks i can see myself saying 'Woah, slow the F down'!!

TRS30 wrote: »
    I hear you, not quite there yet however in a couple of weeks i can see myself saying 'Woah, slow the F down'!!

It's so funny isn't it, we wait all year for the season to come around and then when it hits late November we're like, ah slow down I haven't done enough Christmassing in Christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

TRS30 wrote: »
    So bit of a dilemma.

We put a real tree as our main one in the front room. This year we want to put up our decorations early however it is probably too early to put up a real tree.

So get a fake tree this year or put up all the other decorations and the tree later??

Bearing in mind I have nearly always, always had a fake tree (bar two/ three years with a real one), I totally get real trees !
    So, if I were you, I would put up all the decorations first, and the real tree later !

SarahLil wrote: »
    Anyone thought about what they would like for Christmas?

I would like some stuff from Rituals, some skincare creams, perfume, Ugg Slippers, a New Dressing Gowan/housecoat :D

This year: books, my usual go-to skincare (I tend to save on hand creams for myself, and it nice to try new ones, especially from natural Brands), cachemire gloves - as I have been forever losing them - and pijamas !

SarahLil wrote: »
    Was upstairs on the phone to a pal and randomly here Do they know it’s Christmas time blaring looked out the window no one around but it was coming from outside
    any of you there driving around ?
    I’m thinking it was a delivery driver that loves Christmas in November

Was it Smithy, I wonder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

I don't do the Christmas tree buying here but for the past few years, the tree has been 'scent-less' despite sending the 'men' here out last year with the specific instruction to buy a tree that smells of Christmas. I must be the only one in the house who can actually smell scents! Have others had the same problem? (While I'm at it, shop-bought garlic doesn't smell these days either - when i was young and cooking dinner party meals rather than family dinners, my fingers would still smell of garlic two days later, despite numerous washes).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The last couple of weeks have flown but this week is dragging. We’ve set a deadline of Toy Show day to get the house fully organised for Christmas so I’m okay with it dragging a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

The last couple of weeks have flown but this week is dragging. We’ve set a deadline of Toy Show day to get the house fully organised for Christmas so I’m okay with it dragging a little.

Yes now until Christmas FM is going to drag big time especially in a lockdown, car frosted over for the first time this winter today, must admit loved it and loved being able to drop my daughter to school and then back to my house to the warmth, one of the very few positives from a lockdown is wfh in the winter

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if it's dragging but I thought yesterday was Wednesday and today Thursday, etc...

I'm not sure if it's dragging but I thought yesterday was Wednesday and today Thursday, etc...

I'm off on Friday so it may as well be for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

otnomart very good I Love Smithy

I have just revisited my list of gifts and I am going to make a dent in it this afternoon and a dent in my bank account too by the looks of it I have to attend some life admin before I can enjoy the Christmas shopping from the comfort of my own home, a few gifts to me might pop into my basket

I've 3 weekends to get the house in order for the decorations going up hopefully on the 24th it will take more than one day again we get everything down from the attic and I fluff out the tree and put things around the place
    hopefully all the lights are working

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's scary! In three weeks I'll be getting ready to decorate!! :D :eek:
    I keep thinking this is only early October or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I hate when that happens.Totally puts me off kilter, however when its the other way round and I think it's Tuesday when its Wednesday then I'm flying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Arnotts warehouse sale online now nice homeware, candles, diffusers, beauty some Irish brands in there too https://www.arnotts.ie/warehouse-sale/home-sale/?utm_campaign=2020-WK40-WED-WHS-STARTS%20TOMORROW&utm_medium=email&utm_source=marketingcloud

posted it in Bargains thread too just incase someone misses it

I saw a house Today with their tree up and windows decorated.
    In a WhatsApp group another family put up a tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Brother in law has tree up. Sent a picture in family Whats App my wife is in. Was a bit jealous to be honest.

• Advertisement

I spotted a tree up in a neighbours house when out for a walk last night. I'm looking forward to the night when there's several sightings :)

Advertisement