Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My husband came in the other day and said ‘promise me you won’t get too excited, but a house down the road have their Christmas lights up.’

They didn’t though. Those were their Halloween lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

With dewali coming up here its difficult to gauge who has Christmas stuff up unless its clearly a tree or santa etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We noticed on the way to training on Tuesday 2 houses with their full Christmas regalia up, lights twinkling away!! Earliest I think i've ever seen out this way! The kids were fierce excited to see it too!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Neighbors across the road were putting up decorations this morning. MY OH muttered about getting ours down soon.

There is usually a neighborhood committee competition for best decorations. MY OH is very competitive!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I just realised I only have 31 working days left until Christmas!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »

27 for me!! :)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shoes43

DvB wrote: »
    27 for me!! :)

24 days for me.

I have purchased a few presents and decided to treat myself to some Marks & Spencers pjs and New Balance runners. Hopefully they will arrive soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Only getting on boards now, I have had my first online antenatal class

Wow great news about Christmas fm,

Its my besties birthday today, I obviously been in touch with her today but I have just sent her the news of Christmas fm while she is work, Christmas fm on her Birthday how good is that :)

Fab purchases Shoes!
    I am holding out for some Marks and Spencer discount but I think I will just cave and settle for the Welcome10 discount when you spend 50

• Registered Users Posts: 30,493 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

123734446_1588563791315798_1636207473047816429_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8024bb&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=g_FeBmlSWTUAX8IijOR&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-1.fna&tp=14&oh=598ff71a9f0a6e283938d89e105004f8&oe=5FCA2F14

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

123734446_1588563791315798_1636207473047816429_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8024bb&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=g_FeBmlSWTUAX8IijOR&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-1.fna&tp=14&oh=598ff71a9f0a6e283938d89e105004f8&oe=5FCA2F14

Yes yes yes!

Walkers had a similar limited edition and they are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Feck it
    It's up
    Kids 'helped' put it up. But I'm waiting on my lights to come from McDs so will reorganise it properly then Ã႒°Å¸Ëœâ€š

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

14 for me :p!

The tree looks fab lashes love the colours

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Feck it
    It's up
    Kids 'helped' put it up. But I'm waiting on my lights to come from McDs so will reorganise it properly then Ã႒°Å¸Ëœâ€š

Very nice.

Still haven't made the call on fake or real this year so interesting to see other peoples fake ones (trees that is!!)

Feck it
    It's up

Yes Lashes!! I love it, it looks great!!
    wes wrote: »
    14 for me :p!

Not jealous at all..... :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

The Dublin-themed cards I ordered arrived today! When are people posting their cards this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The Dublin-themed cards I ordered arrived today! When are people posting their cards this year?

I might be writing them this evening and maybe posting them as soon as the Christmas stamps are out

Elf1's Christmas card that she designed came home today. Pretty good if I do say so myself. Will defo be ordering a few packs to send out this year. Good fund raiser for the school as well.

No Christmas stamps in my post office yet
    Picked up Christmas one for all voucher today
    Nik Nak shop beside the post office I like to support them because they are local I picked up pack of Christmas cards individual Christmas cards for special neighbors special friends all that kind of thing
    I know I’ll need more but I have made a start

• Advertisement

TRS30 wrote: »
    Elf1's Christmas card that she designed came home today. Pretty good if I do say so myself. Will defo be ordering a few packs to send out this year. Good fund raiser for the school as well.

Our school is doing the same. We are getting 12 cards for 10 euro and I've two so that's our Xmas cards sorted I can't wait to get them to post them. My grandparents are both in a home this year so they will be thrilled with the handmade designs.

Thanks for all the hype for my Xmas tree I definitely need more decorations. It's been a tough year, but happy elves,fresh start,new home new Xmas tree what more could you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

22 for me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

Mr and mrs white Christmas.....

Ha that’s nothing, in my village there’s a curry married to a rice, no joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Feck it
    It's up

It's beautiful, Lashes !
    Thanks for the first tree of the forum this year !

otnomart wrote: »
    It's beautiful, Lashes !

Just checked back on the sticky thread from last year and first one was the 11 Nov so we are definitely earlier this year :)

Special mention to Jude who was second last year on the 20th.

otnomart wrote: »
    It's beautiful, Lashes !

Omg yay! I didn't realise I was the first.. so do I get a crown? A box of quality street? Anything?? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 68,676 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Christmas 2020 stamps are for sale on the An Post website now; my local post office is An Post run so no local postmaster to need the commission, so just ordering online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Feck it
    It's up

That’s lovely. You should post it here and kick of the thread for 2020

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057806678/2/#post112132739

• Registered Users Posts: 30,493 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well we're into the 40's!

• Advertisement

Well we're into the 40's!

Absolutely mental!

I seen a 2nd house decorated this morning on my early morning walk with the doggo. And looking through social media last night it seems there is alot of trees popping up earlier this year.

Advertisement